Easter Crowds?

BeauBeau22

Just curious on how large the crowds are during Easter time at WDW compared to crowds during Christmas time or the summer months. If anyone has visited during this time and has some info it would be very helpful.

doop

We usually go during easter, and the crowds are pretty rough, but we deal with it, but I can't really compare it to christmas time.

Upvote 0

surfsupdon

I've vacationed with my family to WDW for 15 trips, either over Easter, Christmas, or 4th of July.

All guidebooks illustrate that Christmas through New Years Week is the most crowded time at Disney, with Easter Spring Break time as number two.

As someone who only vacations during school breaks, I always felt that Easter time felt more crowded than Christmas time. We get more done during Christmas week than Easter week. It may be psychological, however, b/c during Christmas there are many more entertainment options available.

Don't get me wrong, Christmas is extremely crowded just like Easter, but I felt Easter was moreso. I remember back in 97 (perhaps) Disney Resort Guests got letters slipped under their doors saying that b/c they are expecting such high Easter crowds, Magic Kingdom will officially open at 730am (as opposed to the already early 8am).

Don't worry tho, it's a great time, you just have to expect crowds and be realistic about what you want to do. By utilizing FastPasses and maneuvering around the park, you should be able to get whatever you want "done" before 10 or 11, go back and relax, go to a water park, do something else, then go back into the parks around dinnertime and stay till late. Afternoons get rough, esp. on a hot day.

I remember the parks being much less EMPTY during Easter weeks after the 9 or 10 oclock pm hour. Christmas time has lines till the very end, but Easter had relief at night and in the very early am. Just do not expect to ride Splash Mtn with less than an hour wait in the afternoon, or Space Mtn or Peter Pan as well. Ride early!!

But you'll have a great time.

Remember that this is only what it appeared to me, but guidebooks publish numbers and statistics illustrating thousands more during Christmas than Easter. So you'll be fine.

Animal King and Epcot take crowds well. Magic King can be in gridlock, and MGM is somewhere in between.

Have a great vacation!! :xmas: :)

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom