Easter at Disney World

Nick Jacobs

Original Poster
My family is taking a trip to Disney World for Easter vacation, and I was wondering which park would be the least crowded on Easter Sunday. If anyone has had experience there on Easter, your help would be greatly appreciated!

Schneewittchen

I'll be there for Easter too, but I've never been to the parks actually on Easter Sunday. I understand that MK is a bad bet that day due to Easter bunny stuff, etc.

MickeyMomV

My children loved Epcot on Easter. We went a few times lots of egg hunts and other stuff for kids.
They also do a lot of extra stuff at the resorts for kids.
That sounds like fun!!

Are there any other special events for Easter? Holiday Décor? Meet and Greets? We have been down in April but not for Easter and I don't remember seeing anything special for the holiday.

RedDad

Smitty Werben JagerManJensen
We were there last year for Easter. From my recollection we took a day off from the parks on Easter Sunday, and hung out at our resort and visited a few others. Most of the resorts have egg hunts, character meets, and other activities (though I will say that the egg hunt at POFQ caused a good deal more tears than laughs, as the egg:kid ratio was far too low...:rolleyes:). Epcot has a fun scavenger hunt, where you search for hidden eggs in each country, and get a prize after finding them all.

Crowds can be extreme that whole week - last year, with Easter in late March and aligned with Spring Break, it was close to what we saw during Xmas-New Year week. Typically, when Easter is later in early April, it isn't quite as bad, though that may no longer be the case. MK typically will have phased closings on Easter Sunday, so I would go for Epcot. It tends to handle large crowds better in general.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
That sounds like fun!!

Are there any other special events for Easter? Holiday Décor? Meet and Greets? We have been down in April but not for Easter and I don't remember seeing anything special for the holiday.

If I remember, the Grand Floridian displays their collection of porcelain eggs.

Like other posters advised, avoid MK on Easter Sunday. I think Epcot would be a great place to visit, especially WS to see if some of the countries will have special decorations and traditions for Easter.

kjb101791

Easter was the busiest day of my ~7 month tenure at Hollywood Studios during the Spring CP. I think it really depends on if schools have their spring break line up the week of/after Easter or some other time. Regardless, I'd expect a pretty substantial crowd around that time.

disneysince71

That sounds like fun!!

Yes! They had characters and Egg hunts at Beach Club. They also make (you purchase) baskets! There is enough going on to encourage you to stay on site.

kjb101791

Easter was the busiest day of my ~7 month tenure at Hollywood Studios during the Spring CP. I think it really depends on if schools have their spring break line up the week of/after Easter or some other time. Regardless, I'd expect a pretty substantial crowd around that time.

But I don't want it to seem like it won't be fun!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
If I remember, the Grand Floridian displays their collection of porcelain eggs.
The eggs are chocolate ;).
And quite detailed:
IMG_2447.JPG

Sonconato

My family is taking a trip to Disney World for Easter vacation, and I was wondering which park would be the least crowded on Easter Sunday. If anyone has had experience there on Easter, your help would be greatly appreciated!
Here are a couple of quick videos we took 2 years ago the day before and on Easter Sunday but it was only at Magic Kingdom and these were later in the afternoon. I hope this helps, but I would have to say, be prepared. The Parks have been unusually crowded as of late, so there are no guarantees.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
That's a Chocolate Egg?? Impressive!
There are between 15-20 hand-crafted chocolate eggs, all themed, at the GF each Easter season. Some are the same year-to-year (Lady and the Tramp eating spaghetti, for example) but many....like the Inside Out egg...were new in 2016. We always make a special trip over to see them.

MickeyMomV

There are between 15-20 hand-crafted chocolate eggs, all themed, at the GF each Easter season. Some are the same year-to-year (Lady and the Tramp eating spaghetti, for example) but many....like the Inside Out egg...were new in 2016. We always make a special trip over to see them.
Are they candy coated? I would think the spring heat would make things a mess.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom