Early Morning Magic Question

star77kc1

Question. I was interested in going to the Early Morning Magic at Toy Story Land, but saw there are no dates past April. Does anyone know if they’ll be offering it in May? TIA!

I highly recommend the Toy Story EMM. The area was deserted and the event felt very special. One CM I spoke with said that she’s heard from many guests that they seem to prefer the mornings bc at night the lines are still long for slinky dog bc they are cycling out day guests. Plus, breakfast! Whatever you decide, have a great trip!

Upvote 0

DISR

If you can handle the early mornings, I am a big fan of EMM. The breakfast is decent, and the additional upcharge for the park access is not unreasonable in comparison to other buffet-type options. You will basically get a busy day worth of rides in (minus the waiting in line), and have the rest of your day open for another park, the pool or other rides. It is expensive, but it is cheaper than adding a day to your vacation.

Upvote 0

GJM724

Getting a little nervous about May now and the crowds and hope they release the Disney After Hours soon for that time frame. Since it is selling out I hope it gets extended.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

Yes, I checked yesterday and EMM appeared to still have availability.

They did release a Glow H2O party in the evening at Typhoon Lagoon over the summer, so hopefully they release After Hours soon. I'm wondering if they are going to extend the park hours for some days in May.

Upvote 0

Dsjewell

I’ve been intrigued all day thinking about doing the DAH at HS instead of the emm MK, emm Hs and fantasmic dessert party. After looking at the numbers I feel a bit sick. $911 for the three events vs. $655 for just one. For one it makes me second guess the $135 for the fantasmic. I guess with 3 kids under 7 the emm makes more sense than a late night event. At least they get neat cups at fantasmic. Probably best to leave it all alone at this point

Upvote 0

aliceismad

You could just do a regular fantastic dining package, which gets you a meal at a HS restaurant and then VIP access to Fantasmic.

With three kids under 7, my question would be what times will you really get use from? Are you from the east coast? Will getting up that early or staying up that late be difficult? Will you schedule later mornings or earlier nights to accommodate?

Upvote 0

Dsjewell

You could just do a regular fantastic dining package, which gets you a meal at a HS restaurant and then VIP access to Fantasmic.

With three kids under 7, my question would be what times will you really get use from? Are you from the east coast? Will getting up that early or staying up that late be difficult? Will you schedule later mornings or earlier nights to accommodate?
We’re from central, so we’ll be getting up earlier. We’re doing 6 nights at the poly so there will be plenty of chances to do fantasyland. Emh MK check in day. Bog ppo the next day. The MK emm on Tuesday was more of a big send off as it’s the morning of our check out day. That Monday is emm Hs.
Sunday night is fantasmic dessert. If we did dah on Friday that would move ak day to that Monday instead giving a better chance for good fp+ times since it’s later in the stay. I guess I’m just wondering if the dah is overall a better value when it comes to maximizing Hs. We won’t be doing tot or rrc so just the emm for Hs would get the job done.

Upvote 0

Dsjewell

The downside to the fantasmic dining is that my ts credit will be all but spent. I’m using 5 for pizzafari family style which is not much of a keeper leaving me with 6 if I cancel that. I have 5 put towards a late lunch at sci-fi on Monday which is a keeper I think. The cost of paying out of pocket for a ts is more than the cost of the dessert package

Upvote 0

DISR

There is another thread on the Fantasmic dessert party. IMO it doesn't appear to give you anything you couldn't really get on your own. The seating is pretty much the same, and you bring a box of desserts in with you. To each their own, but it would appear there are a few others that agree with me. I have done EMM and I consider that a good value. It is pretty surprising how much you can get done in that hour with no lines. The kids get their fill on rides that are usually 90-120 minute waits, and free up our day for other rides/parks, or the pool. I look at it as essentially adding a day to the vacation without staying that extra night.

Upvote 0

aliceismad

We’re from central, so we’ll be getting up earlier. We’re doing 6 nights at the poly so there will be plenty of chances to do fantasyland. Emh MK check in day. Bog ppo the next day. The MK emm on Tuesday was more of a big send off as it’s the morning of our check out day. That Monday is emm Hs.
Sunday night is fantasmic dessert. If we did dah on Friday that would move ak day to that Monday instead giving a better chance for good fp+ times since it’s later in the stay. I guess I’m just wondering if the dah is overall a better value when it comes to maximizing Hs. We won’t be doing tot or rrc so just the emm for Hs would get the job done.
I see. Being from mountain time zone, nights are much easier for me, personally, than EMM would be. I'm not really a morning person in my regular time zone, and my husband is not punctual. When I planned our days, I decided not to bother with EMM or even EMH hours because it wasn't worth the stress for me. Evening EMH or DAH seems much more feasible to us.

DAH does offer more attractions than EMM, which is only Toy Story. EMM includes breakfast, which DAH only includes some snacks. (We are also not big breakfast people, so that's not a selling point for us.) Just some things to think about.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom