Early entry?

dalton30720

I have a friend who is a WDW Exec. He says that not enough people were using EE for it to be cost effective. Disney is a business and they analyze every operational hour. He believes eventually EE will be brought back only during peak times of the year. I sure hope so!

Dredd15

We just booked our trip and received a flier from Disney:

Attachments

• earlyentrance.jpg
    earlyentrance.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 234

Thespis

I know we stopped using EE because it didn't really do that much good. Last summer, the crowds at the MK on EE day were ridiculous! I'm pretty sure ALL those people were not WDW resort guests...
I think they should bring back EE as a true "Surprise Morning". If resort bookings indicate that park attendance will peak, let the resorts guests know which park is opening early on the night before. Then it would truly be a WDW resort guest exclusive.

tigger1968

Back when EE was first eliminated, I sent an email to WDW complaining about that among a few of the other cost cuttings moves they were making. I eventually received a phone call from a gentleman who stated the same thing...That the EE program was not cost effective for the amount of people who took advantage of it. I still wonder, though, because every time we used it, the park was always crowded...:confused: :confused: :rolleyes:

dalton30720

We always took advantage of EE on our trips. Sometimes it was crowded, but other times it felt like we were the only one's in the park. I wish they would bring it back, especially during peak seasons.

Invero

One of the things I liked about the Surprise Mornings was that we (being Disney Transport) were able to tell what days would be busy and where.

As a guest... I always knew to avoid a park if it was thier Early Entry day... Without fail, Early Entry would always equal Jam Packed throughout the entire day.

One thought comes to mind though... We would take at least 1500 guests over to the MK on the Express Monorail for Early Entry (Guests from Fort Wilderness, those who drive and also Hotel Plaza Blvd). Add to that the guests from the Resort Monorail, and the all the many Busses... I'm guessing that there were on average 6,000 people in the park for Early Entry.

On the flip side... E-Ride nights, which are 3 hours... typically are only 500-1000 people. Even if they sell out (which they rarely if ever come close to), it's still no where near as popular as Early Entry. Yes, sure, there is an additional charge for E-Ride, but doubt it'd even cover the extra cost for Transportation required for the 3 extra hours. (Note that Transportation is already running for Early Entry, no additional cost required there)

So how is a 3 hour E-Ride more cost efficient than a one hour Early Entry? Just a thought.

Pumbas Nakasak

Heading for the great escape.
SSSHHHHHHHHHHHH dont say it too loud or the bean counters may hear you. E -ride nights are the best fun you can have for a little more than $12

dwldzm9

honestly,...

In all honesty, I would always plan on staying AWAY from a park on it's EE day because of the crowding Tyler mentioned above. I do understand that others who stay on property feel like they are now missing something, but as for me, the only drawback is that it has become more difficult to plan which park to visit on what day. To me there are so many more plusses to staying on-site that taking one away still shouldn't seem that bad.

I mean, you can have a more drinks - errr, I mean, fun, at PI and EPCOT and such if you don't have to DRIVE back to your hotel! The services at the front desks have always been able to take care of anything I needed as far as PS, tickets, etc. I just don't see an off-site, non-disney hotel being able to do these things.

Anyway, I don't mean to rail on anyone - I respect the fact that taking something away from a person that until that point had been provided for free ALWAYS causes discord - it's human nature. I'm just saying that for me the move was inconsequential, and I would rather focus on all of the benefits that we still have.
:sohappy:

Salty

ARGH!

To use EE effectively you have to be there BEFORE (or at least when) the rides open!!!! People keep saying it is best to avoid the park that had EE that day, which is true, but ONLY after mid-morning. You just have to know how to use it.

The problem is everyone sees that a specific park will be open early so they plan to go, but they don't give enough time to get up and get to the park early. I realize it's vacation and sometimes kids complicate the issue, but I like coming back for an afternoon nap or swim having done more than half the rides in the park, then moving on to another park after your break.

On our honeymoon (last Jul-Aug) my wife and I did Space, Spalsh, BTM, HM, PotC and others during EE and within the hour after.

That's why Disney is cutting it, because most people can't get there early enough to take advantage of it, and then they complain that its crowed when they stroll in at 5 'til 9.

That's why it's called EARLY Entry. :D

Fievel

RunDisney Addict
Originally posted by DVC_Couple_PA
I just read on another message board that people who have written/called/emailed Disney expressing disappointment about the stoppage of EE, have been recieving replies from Disney that they are looking into bringing it back. I am not going to speculate, but heres the link to follow that discussion.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=190039

Sorry, but

1) I refuse to read anything at the PIS boards
2) I take nothing that is said there seriously.....we've learned that lesson the hard way.

ToTBellHop

I was personally never in the mood to get up an hour early to get into the parks...so, as others have stated, the only think I really used EE for was in planning which parks to go to...but, a simple rule still applies even after EE has left...don't go to the Magic Kingdom on Friday, Saturday, or Sunday!

niteobsrvr

Actually, that would be don't go on Friday, Saturday and Monday.

Sunday is not that busy as a rule.

If you dont believe me look at the park hour schedule for the Magic Kingdom. They directly reflect attendance projections for the day. The longer the hours the greater the potential to have lots of people in the park.

Generally the Sunday hours are shorter because it is a lower attendance day. The weekday vacationers usually arrive on Sunday Night and make magic Kingdom their first stop on Monday. Florida residents are Saturday as well as some on Friday night. Friday night you also get the people coming in for the long weekend.

Invero

Originally posted by niteobsrvr
Actually, that would be don't go on Friday, Saturday and Monday.

Yep... that would be more accurate. Mondays are, much to many guests surprise, just as busy as the weekend.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom