Early Entry

jeffs10

Original Poster
Do they still have the early entry for the resort guest or is that done with? Im going in august and just wondering

jeff

ADStang

Early Entry:
Sun - MK
Mon - AK
Tues - MGM
Wed - ?
Thur - ?
Fri - AK
Sat - MGM

I'll offer my opinion along with this... After my recent stay (7/24-7/29) I will use the early entry as a guide on which park to avoid that day. I'm curious if other's have experienced the same thing. We were lucky to get one extra ride in during that hour. The early entry only serves as a magnet for all resort guests - which are now very significant numbers. The AK was especially crowded on Friday. We went straight to the safari and after getting out the place was packed.

If you are at a resort served by buses - such as we were at the AKL, the buses are going to be packed for that park. Then once you get to the park you have to endure the "bag" line - which was especially painful at MGM and AK. :zipit:

jcraycraft

Originally posted by ADStang
Early Entry:
Sun - MK
Mon - AK
Tues - MGM
Wed - ?
Thur - ?
Fri - AK
Sat - MGM

I'll offer my opinion along with this... After my recent stay (7/24-7/29) I will use the early entry as a guide on which park to avoid that day. I'm curious if other's have experienced the same thing. We were lucky to get one extra ride in during that hour. The early entry only serves as a magnet for all resort guests - which are now very significant numbers. The AK was especially crowded on Friday. We went straight to the safari and after getting out the place was packed.

I saw the same thing at MGM on July 29.... the place was packed at 8:15am. It seems that a lot of resort guests use this and the wait times for ToT and RnR were already 45min plus. We rode ToT and fast passed RnR then went to Epcot. After that experience we tried to avoid the early entry parks:) My guess is that MK would be a good park to do early entry on... since its larger and has more attractions open..

disneydawg

We did the Epcot early entry a couple of weeks ago. Only 3 things open early: TT, UoE, and SSE. At 8:20 there was a 40 minute wait for TT. We just pulled a fp and rode it at 10:00. I wasnt too impressed with this. We were staying at BWV so I thought we'd have some nice short lines for an hour. Not the case.

meanmice

We just got back last night and we tried early entry, but it only worked the first day. We were always too tired to get up in the morning.

jeffs10

Original Poster
thanks for all the input. Seems like it would be a great idea to avoid those parks with the extra hour. and sleep an extra hour

jeff

LivefortheMouse

I have done the extra hour many times and its great. We did all of tomorrow land by 9 am. We were done with all of magic by 345pm riding space mountain and buzz lightyear more than 2 times. extra hour is great u just need to be at the door at 8am for it to work this great.:)

Pippa

I think it depends on the time of year you go. I went in the autumn and the parks are quieter anyway so early entry was even better!

Originally posted by Pippa
I think it depends on the time of year you go. I went in the autumn and the parks are quieter anyway so early entry was even better!

I agree with Pippa. EMH or EE during peak periods seems to be less advantageous than during the off peak periods. We've done EE a few times in September and the parks were pretty empty....I think my cousins rode Kali River 3x and Kilimanjaro in the first 45 minutes. They have a picture of them standing in the middle of a walkway with absolutely no one around them. That day I didn't arrive until lunch.....had a little too much fun at the ESPN Club the night before.

colliera

Early Entry Leverage

I've used Early Entry in both forward and reverse mode to my advantage, (park hopping required).

Go to the Early Entry park first and then abandon that park mid- to late morning as the crowd builds for a mid-day break.

Go the the park that had the Early Entry the day BEFORE for the afternoon on the assumption the rest of the resort guests are still stuck in the first park. (How many people visit the same park more than one day in a row)?

Using other factors such as what park stays open later in the PM part of the day, ride preferences for my group, and ride wait time I've refined my touring plans over the past five years to the point it is about set in stone. Less wait times for attractions and more time to soak in the atmosphere without the urge to rush around.

disneydawg

Colliera,

Thanks for the tip. I do have one question though. Does your plan work well at all times of the year? When I was there in July the crowds seemed constant and heavy at all the parks.

colliera

Season of year factors

July, August, Christmas - any of the high seasons for attendance will have an effect. It's something I call the "school season." So many families are tied to when schools are out of session to make trips.

I recall one particular day when MK had the EE and I believe the plan was to do a mid-day transfer to EPCOT. I had intended to abandon MK around 10:30 or 11:00 AM but due to my daughter's desire to get a photo of her and the Queen of Hearts we were held up 20 minutes. Just as we were next in line the Queen had to attend to royal business so we waited for her return. In just that twenty minutes the park attendance which had been building since 10:00 when into gridlock. Still we had pretty much acomplished all we had wanted to that morning but even by using the shops to travel through (different shops on the outside but internally connected on the inside so you can mostly move through the shops easier than in the street - it works very well for avoiding the mass exit at the end of a day) on Main St. to avoid the influx of guests out on the street going toward the castle while we were headed out.

This was during the second week of June.

Now that my girls are grown and out of school I can shift to the low seasons when attendance is down and it isn't as much a factor, (did the last week of Jan in 2002 and the 1st week of Feb this year). Still used the park switch off then and had virtually no waits for any attraction. Longest wait was about 10 minutes for something like Star Wars which requires loading and unloading instead of constant loading like the Haunted Mansion.

Another plus is if you do come to something that is really backed up you can just pass it by knowing you will try again tomorrow afternoon after the day crowd tires out and goes home. During the high/hot seasons they usually wear out as the temperatures peak around 2:00 PM and give up and go by 4:00 PM.

jeffs10

Original Poster
When i stayed At corondo Springs 3 years ago and it was EE to magic kingdom.

Well we where at the bus stop early and waiting for the bus.

Well the bus broke down and the crowds where getting big in the bus area and by the time a bus got there it was 2 late we entered the same time as the public and it was a waste of time.

Thats whey im not sure if i;ll do EE to magic kingdom. maybe i;ll do what someone said about going To EE in reverse mode .

Jeff

RandeB

Originally posted by jeffs10
When i stayed At corondo Springs 3 years ago and it was EE to magic kingdom.

Well we where at the bus stop early and waiting for the bus.

Well the bus broke down and the crowds where getting big in the bus area and by the time a bus got there it was 2 late we entered the same time as the public and it was a waste of time.

Thats whey im not sure if i;ll do EE to magic kingdom. maybe i;ll do what someone said about going To EE in reverse mode .

Jeff

Rest assured that most of the time the bus will get you where you're going without breaking down. Otherwise, all you'd read here would be complaints about how the busses are always breaking down.

jeffs10

Original Poster
Originally posted by RandeB
Rest assured that most of the time the bus will get you where you're going without breaking down. Otherwise, all you'd read here would be complaints about how the busses are always breaking down.

your right it the bus breaking down was most likely a one time thing maybe i'll try it this year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom