Early, but need help with MNSSHP plans

parker kim

correct me if I'm wrong, but you can get into magic kingdom around 4:00 on the day of MNSSHP. I don't want to use a reg. ticket day. do the ride close down for a hour between 6 -7 or are some open or are they all open? Now Libery tree tarven when would the character start being in costomes? like to do dinner here but don't won't to waist the time of the party. Help like to get this straight in my head. thanks

MissM

If you have a MNSSHP ticket, you can usually get through the main gate around 4pm, yes. They give you a wristband for the evening party.

Everything is open from 4pm-6pm so you can get a chance to ride some things that either won't be open in the party (like CoP), eat or just take some time doing more normal park things so you can enjoy the party events during the party.

At 6pm, they very firmly herd people out, settling up barricades so guests can't just wander, which send them back up front. Party guests get herded into one area - during MVMCP it was Tomorrowland but during MNSSHP last year it was Liberty Square. You have to have your wristband to stay in the area - they check frequently - because they're really good at getting everyone else cleared out.

Last year I arrived at 4pm in costume but I refrained from wearing my wings until closer to the actual Party start. It feels funny to walk around for a couple hours being one of only a handful of costumed people. You sure do get some amusing looks! :lol: As it gets closer to close of day guests though you'll see more and more costumed guests.

I don't know about the Liberty Tree character costume situation so I can't comment.

We went on Halloween last year. It was our first MNSSHP. We loved it. You can see photos and videos here: http://www.disney.giveneyestosee.com/mnsshp05.html

Hope that helps. Have fun!
-m

Upvote 0

coltow

You can enter the park at 4pm. We did not want to use a park day either. We spent the day at the pool and made sure my son got in a good nap.

We arrived a few minutes before and had to wait until 4pm sharp. We had made 4:30 reservations at Tony's so we rode the train around the park before dinner. After dinner we headed down main street and CMs were checking for wristbands. We were herded into Frontier Land and rode SM & BTM 3 times with no wait.

I was not in costume and neither were the other adults in my party, but we did all wear Happy Halloween shirts. My son's costume was a Fighter Pilot. I changed him into it just before the party began and as we left Frontier Land into Adventure Land. There was a man dressed as President Bush, when he saw my son he stopped and saluted him. It was a fun moment and one we'll never forget. The entire party was great. We loved every minute and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Upvote 0

MissM

coltow said:
I was not in costume and neither were the other adults in my party, but we did all wear Happy Halloween shirts.
Really? How odd. Maybe because it was Halloween night but EVERYONE was dressed up when I went. I mean if you weren't dressed up, you stood out.

It was so much fun to be dressed up at Disney. You already feel like a kid there but to be in costume and trick-or-treating for candy? Priceless.

Anyone going, I really recommend you just go for it, dress up and have a good time!
-m

Upvote 0

coltow

MissM said:
Really? How odd. Maybe because it was Halloween night but EVERYONE was dressed up when I went. I mean if you weren't dressed up, you stood out.

It was so much fun to be dressed up at Disney. You already feel like a kid there but to be in costume and trick-or-treating for candy? Priceless.

Anyone going, I really recommend you just go for it, dress up and have a good time!
-m
We went on 10/20. There were people in costume but not all. I know I saw more kids than adults in costumes. If we were there on Halloween night. We absolutely would have been in a costume.

Upvote 0

parker kim

Original Poster
great thanks sound like everyone had a great time. So you can ride in your blocked off area between 6-7. Still need to find out about libery tree taraven.

Upvote 0

DanStat

We loved MNSSHP last year. Be sure you have a "gameplan" so you don't miss out on parades and the fireworks. Some things only happen once per night. I think it would be more fun to wait until the event has started to enter the park because of the decorations on Main Street.

Upvote 0

KelsaBels

Not only was the park open from 6-7 when we went last year, but it was soooo quiet and there were NO lines for any of the rides during this time. We had so much fun last year when we went! I was pregnant at the time, so it was nice to be able to ride a few of the tame rides with no lines to stand in. We rode the Haunted Mansion by ourselves, the CM's were great even though there were only 3 of us, (I think it was even more creepy with no one else with us). I truly think that night was the highlight of our trip!
IMHO, go in early if you can!!!

Upvote 0

Miss Bell

I seem to remember that our Liberty Tree ressie was at 4:30 or 5:00, and the characters were already in costume. I know it was early, cause we ate and wandered the park for a good amount of time before the official start of the party. You actually can get in a good number of rides between park closing and the official party start.

Upvote 0

GrowingUpDisney

I am not !00% sure, but I would imagine that they are in costume as soon as dinner begins (4:00pm). I can't see where they would have time to go somewhere and change.

Also, I am not sure when you are going, but if you haven't already you may want to go ahead and call to get ressies. I tried to get AD ressies for Oct 2 and/or 5 and nothing was available before the party. They were not booking ADs during the party yet.

Niki

Upvote 0

parker kim

Original Poster
Hi just talk to the disney folk. They told me on the dinning line that she did not think that any of the characters dressed up in halloween costoms on the night of the MNSSHP at the liberty tree but, I know I'v read places were they do so confused. Any one have pictues of this love to see them. thanks

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom