Early 2022 resort booking (Polynesian) issues..."full"?

wonkabars7

Original Poster
Trying to plan our trip for 2022 (Feb), and want to stay at the Polynesian. Both our trip planner/agent and the rep on the phone told us that there is no availability at the Poly in the entire month of Feb. One said it was sold out, one said it probably hasn't been enabled to reserve that far out yet and that cast members have no idea whats going on. Caribbean is also like this.

We were told to book somewhere else that was available that month, like the Contemporary, but one said it was available the other said same issue.

Can anyone shed any light on this? Is the post covid/anniversary hype selling these places out or will they slowly become available?

wonkabars7

Original Poster
Yeah, this is just so odd. We checked online and there was nothing the other day. Just tonight, the Disney rep told my wife there is nothing in the entire month of Feb at Poly and Caribbean.

runjulesrun

Yeah, this is just so odd. We checked online and there was nothing the other day. Just tonight, the Disney rep told my wife there is nothing in the entire month of Feb at Poly and Caribbean.
Remember that room bookings are fluid. What is available one moment can disappear as someone books it somewhere else. Also, agents are allowed to place courtesy holds on vacation packages which ties up inventory until it either cancels or a deposit is made. What was taken yesterday could have been released today as someone changed their minds. They weren't lying, they were telling you what the snapshot in time showed when they looked.

wonkabars7

Original Poster
Remember that room bookings are fluid. What is available one moment can disappear as someone books it somewhere else. Also, agents are allowed to place courtesy holds on vacation packages which ties up inventory until it either cancels or a deposit is made. What was taken yesterday could have been released today as someone changed their minds. They weren't lying, they were telling you what the snapshot in time showed when they looked.
Good points for sure. I figured as much re: timing of what they saw when we called them, but for the third party rep to email me the ENTIRE month wasn't even on the books yet (I figured staggered roll out availability post covid) but then the Disney rep told my wife it was all sold out...just seemed strange. But to your point, maybe we reevaluate the timing, perhaps that week will be a nightmare with the time off school, presidents day/spring break...

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No

What I'm finding lately is that Disney is playing with the room availability. One time of day I look and there's not much and the next time I look there's more things available.
If I were you I'd just stalk the website and if something becomes available then book it yourself.

wonkabars7

Original Poster
What I'm finding lately is that Disney is playing with the room availability. One time of day I look and there's not much and the next time I look there's more things available.
If I were you I'd just stalk the website and if something becomes available then book it yourself.
Yeah I think I will do that. And maybe reconsider the timing, but it just works so well with our kids schedules with school and sports.

Also wonder if they will figure out the FP+ situation by then re: if deluxe resorts have them for guests if at all...

runjulesrun

Good points for sure. I figured as much re: timing of what they saw when we called them, but for the third party rep to email me the ENTIRE month wasn't even on the books yet (I figured staggered roll out availability post covid) but then the Disney rep told my wife it was all sold out...just seemed strange. But to your point, maybe we reevaluate the timing, perhaps that week will be a nightmare with the time off school, presidents day/spring break...
Yeah, sounds like some of what you were told was from someone who didn't know what they were talking about. If I can book spring break 2022, how would February not have been released? That part was lack of knowledge. As far as timing and crowds, everyone's tolerance is different. We have gone during summer crowds so many times that President's Day wouldn't really bother us.

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Yeah, sounds like some of what you were told was from someone who didn't know what they were talking about. If I can book spring break 2022, how would February not have been released? That part was lack of knowledge. As far as timing and crowds, everyone's tolerance is different. We have gone during summer crowds so many times that President's Day wouldn't really bother us.

Summer hasn't been as busy as February break in recent years.

I just reserved feb 27 through March 5th standard view at poly yesterday.

I had been stalking a few different days and they were available then gone the next. So they were available but being reserved quick.

wonkabars7

Original Poster
I am going to follow up with our Small World rep as well as Disney about the phantom availability and will keep this thread updated for the good of the group, or for anyone in our shoes reading this thread that could benefit from it with their travel plans...

dsinclair

You can currently book out to the first week of November. Yeah, the rep was way off with their info.

Stevek

We tried to book a couple days in December 2021 and nada. I'm assuming some of this has to do with the fact that Disney has still not opened up full capacity bookings at many hotels yet. I'd keep checking, I'm hoping rooms start opening up sooner than later.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom