Eagle Pines Golf Update

ExBellhop

Original Poster
Called yesterday to make a tee time - we're heading to the Palm :)

Asked about Eagle Pines, and was told, "We are no longer accepting reservations for that course."

So, I noticed in the Four Seasons thread, which has mostly degraded to complaining about "those people", that Eagle Pines would be available until around August 2007.

Just thought I'd let everyone know that your chance to play Eagle Pines has now officially (?) passed by...

Bye.
ExBellhop

MrToad1

I have always wanted to play there and now I will never get the chance :-(
Just when I started getting comfortable enough with my golf game they go and close it. They should have asked me first. :p

DicksonGR

Out of the four courses I've played (Magnolia, Palm, Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines), I would say that Eagle Pines is the weakest. Its not by any means a bad course, but the others are better. Just my opinion though. Lets just hope they don't touch Osprey.

jt04

Out of the four courses I've played (Magnolia, Palm, Osprey Ridge and Eagle Pines), I would say that Eagle Pines is the weakest. Its not by any means a bad course, but the others are better. Just my opinion though. Lets just hope they don't touch Osprey.

Well being from Scotland with a name like Garry, I will take your word for it. The Palm is great:sohappy:

Hotdogs

That was a great course not as difficult as the others but I will miss it greatly I will treasure my keepsakes I got from there, the first course in the U.S.A. I played. :(

ExBellhop

Original Poster
I have always wanted to play there and now I will never get the chance :-(
Just when I started getting comfortable enough with my golf game they go and close it. They should have asked me first. :p

I have noticed, having played all of Disney's courses, that the Palm seems to be the most forgiving for a golfer who doesn't always hit dead on straight. Magnolia, too. Just a thought if you're looking to test your skills there for the first time :)

-ExBellhop

MrToad1

I have noticed, having played all of Disney's courses, that the Palm seems to be the most forgiving for a golfer who doesn't always hit dead on straight. Magnolia, too. Just a thought if you're looking to test your skills there for the first time :)

-ExBellhop

I may just have to test my abilities at the palm! Thanks for the info. My irons I can hit pretty well but my driver is another story. :hammer:

Okie Mike

If you have choice, Osprey Ridge is outstanding. I have always liked Magnolia better than Palm. They are all fun to play. Does anyone know how the courses are holding up this summer? We are visiting the second week of September and I plan to play a few rounds.

ExBellhop

Original Poster
Playing the Palm on Sunday so I'll let you know how they're holding up :)

As for LBV... Mostly forgiving, imo, but the Vacation Club buildings always make me nervous... much better to hit a tree when I shank one, rather than someone's loved one walking to the car ;)

-ExBellhop

Texas84

That was my first Disney course. My Dad's third. Disney Golf is definitely first class. My current goal: Play all Disney courses.

ExBellhop

Original Poster
We've played them all... but we've rarely FINISHED them :)

We always go for the Twilight golf rate after 3pm... well, in the summer, the storms usually roll in right around the 13th'ish hole... Sometimes we get lucky and make it all the way through.

Osprey Ridge is definitely my favorite - its so rolling, beautiful, full of great water areas, and quite challenging (for me, at least). But, Lake Buena Vista is a nostalgic fave since we used to DVC owners at Old Key West.

-ExBellhop

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom