E Ticket?

Flight Safety

Original Poster
I dont want to sound stupid, but what the heck is an "e ticket"? I have been going to WDW every other weekend (2 times a month) for almost 22 years and I have no idea what an "e ticket" is. I have been searching the forums for about an hour looking for an answer. Someone please help me out here.

RiversideBunny

From www.allearsnet.com

What is an E-Ticket?
When Disney World first opened, instead of purchasing one overall admission ticket to the Magic Kingdom, guests purchased ticket books. These books contained lettered tickets for various rides A, B, C, D, and E.
E tickets were for the BEST rides! The lettered tickets have long since gone away, but the term E-Ticket has always referred to the premiere attractions at the Magic Kingdom.

Flight Safety

Original Poster
Thanks!

I wasnt arround when WDW first opened but I know about the ticketing back then. I just didnt think people would refer to rides of today like that. I would usualy say "thrill ride". But that way of classification is better because its original Disney. Thank you. Now I understand.

CarlHS

"I just didnt think people would refer to rides of today like that. I would usualy say "thrill ride". "

E Ticket is more broad as PotC is an E ticket, but not really a Thrill Ride, but many of the Thrill Rides are E Tickets also.

Champion

I wasnt arround when WDW first opened but I know about the ticketing back then. I just didnt think people would refer to rides of today like that. I would usualy say "thrill ride". But that way of classification is better because its original Disney. Thank you. Now I understand.

E tickets DO NOT have to be thrill rides. This is a common misconception. While all thrill rides can generally be considered E tickets (I would disagree with ALL, however, think Primeval Whirl), E tickets are not ONLY thrill rides.

For example: Soarin is an E ticket.

Champion

That makes sense now . Because I remember as a kid going to MK in 1977 and having ticket books and trying to figure out which tickets to use for which rides . We also went back in 1982 or 83 to MK and the New EPCOT but don't remember using tickets then.

I think the removal of the ticket books was directly related to Epcot and how most of the park was a walk through, thus no income from the tickets.

MissM

E tickets DO NOT have to be thrill rides. This is a common misconception. While all thrill rides can generally be considered E tickets (I would disagree with ALL, however, think Primeval Whirl), E tickets are not ONLY thrill rides.

For example: Soarin is an E ticket.
Yup and back in the day, the People Mover (TTA) was an "E" ticket as well!
-m

Ivan72

Actually, the Wedway People Mover was a "D" ticket ride. I always felt it was such a bargain! And "If you had wings" and "America the Beautiful" 360 theatre were free. Great fun!:ROFLOL:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom