E-Ride

CBCit

Haven't been to Disney in about 9 years, what is an E-ride? Also,does everyone recommend trying to utilize the fast pass system? Having been to Disney 3 other times in the past I was kind of looking forward to a more leisurely pace,versus trying to cram as much into 1 day as possible. Will trying to get fast passes and keeping track of when to go back,etc. make a day at the MK more work then play?

imagineer99

Originally posted by CBCit
Haven't been to Disney in about 9 years, what is an E-ride? Also,does everyone recommend trying to utilize the fast pass system? Having been to Disney 3 other times in the past I was kind of looking forward to a more leisurely pace,versus trying to cram as much into 1 day as possible. Will trying to get fast passes and keeping track of when to go back,etc. make a day at the MK more work then play?

An E-Ride or E-Ticket is the name of a really big, blockbuster attraction. Space Mountain, Tower of Terror, Mission: Space, Splash Mountain, Pirates are just some examples of an E-Ticket. The name is derived from when park goers would pay for each attraction separately, instead of admission into the park. They would receive ticket books. The more immersive and large a ride got the larger the ticket letter (from A to E). E-tickets were the most expensive and therefore the "best" rides.

In the past, Disney has held things called E-Ride nights at the magic kingdom. Here, for an extra amount of money, riders could stay in the park later at night and bascially be allowed to ride all the e-tickets with little to no crowds. However, as of right now, no e-ride nights are currently scheduled.

As for utilizing Fast Pass... do it! It's free for everyone's use. The only dumb thing to do would to not take advantage of it. It's not difficult and it allows you to bypass lines on some very popular attractions.

Best advice: get a fast pass, enjoy any rides you want, then go back to the ride with the fast pass. It's not stressful:)

Finally, if you are to fastpass any rides MAKE SURE THAT THEY ARE TEST TRACK AND SPLASH MOUNTAIN!:)

Upvote 0

Crzy4Dzny

:sohappy: E-ride is FUN!!!!!! There's pretty much no line to wait in. If you ask, they will even let you stay on for the next ride. You definitely have to take advantage of this.

Upvote 0

swimmom

Definately use the fastpass. I felt the same as you did at first, but after I tried it I realized it was a great time saver. One little reminder, after you get your fastpass ticket, don't forget to take back your park admission ticket!

Upvote 0

MKBurn15

Don't get a fastpass for Space Mountain on a hot day though! Their line is air-conditioned and it's the best line to wait in.

Also, if you have fastpass, you can go past everyone saying very loudly, WOW. IT'S A GOOD THING I GOT A FASTPASS AND I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE AS LONG AS EVERYONE ELSE.

If you use fastpasses, remember not to go too far away from the ride or you'll end up running back. That's when you might make it more work than play.

Enjoy your trip BTW!:sohappy:

Upvote 0

JackSkellington

Originally posted by MKBurn15

Also, if you have fastpass, you can go past everyone saying very loudly, WOW. IT'S A GOOD THING I GOT A FASTPASS AND I DON'T HAVE TO WAIT IN LINE AS LONG AS EVERYONE ELSE.

:lol: :lol: :lol: NO. I would not yell that. Someone is bound to do or say something very harsh. I have seen it happen before over the smallest things and soon people are flipping other people off. It is not a pretty sight.

Upvote 0

MKBurn15

Originally posted by JackSkellington
:lol: :lol: :lol: NO. I would not yell that. Someone is bound to do or say something very harsh. I have seen it happen before over the smallest things and soon people are flipping other people off. It is not a pretty sight.

Whoa. Ok, listen to Jack then.

Upvote 0

Bliff

No e-rides :(

Unfortunately, there are no e-rides scheduled for any time soon. We're going in June, normally a month with a lot of e-ride nights scheduled. I kept checking at Deb Wills' site, and I finally e-mailed Disney's customer service, asking if they planned to schedule any nights in June, and if that info wasn't available, when they plan to release it. I got the following reply:

"Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort.

We are pleased to know that you will be visiting us in June.

Although we appreciate your interest, please know that no E-Ride Nights have been scheduled for
June.

For more information about this event, please inquire at your resort's Front Desk or Guest Services
location upon arrival.

We look forward to your visit.

If you have questions or need further assistance, feel free to contact us."

I'm not totally discouraged, though, as WDW does have a way of saying one thing, then near the last minute, doing another. Park hours often change (usually for the better) from the initial ones they post, so I'm still hopeful they'll schedule a few for June.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom