E-Ride Nights

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
Actually the majority of the E-Ride night take place during the summer months. Usually the nights fall in peak seaons. If I can remember correctly I believe that the E-Ride nights during the summer are on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's. Usually the first E-Ride nights start taking place in late May and continue through the end of August.

I have one recommendation for E-Ride nights: GET YOUR WRISTBAND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!! Usually when I go I gt my wristabnd at around 6:00, which is usually when they start handing them out. If you wait until 1 or 2 hours before the parks ofiical closing time, you and 5,000 other people will be waisting time in an hour long line.

Upvote 0

Testtrack321

gobuckeye@wdw said:
Actually the majority of the E-Ride night take place during the summer months. Usually the nights fall in peak seaons. If I can remember correctly I believe that the E-Ride nights during the summer are on Monday's, Wednesday's, and Friday's. Usually the first E-Ride nights start taking place in late May and continue through the end of August.

I have one recommendation for E-Ride nights: GET YOUR WRISTBAND AS SOON AS POSSIBLE!!!! Usually when I go I gt my wristabnd at around 6:00, which is usually when they start handing them out. If you wait until 1 or 2 hours before the parks ofiical closing time, you and 5,000 other people will be waisting time in an hour long line.

I believe you are right Kev. I agree that you should also get your wristbands asap so you can ride and ride and don't have to stop your riding spree to get some stupid wrist bands in the front of the park.

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

They start at four PM on average for distribution. E Ride nights will probably be announced a month in advance. *IF* they come back, it will be a summertime thing....

Upvote 0

Indy95

The weird thing is up through Summer 2003 the night were always Tuesday and Friday (every yearsince they introduced it), but suddenly this year it became (I think) Monday, Wednesday, Friday, or soemthing like that.

And Kevin is right in that regard. It's usually a good idea to enter MK around 4 and go right to the Main Street wristband distribution. Get all of the non-E-Ride attractions out of the way, with maybe late night rides on Big Thunder and Splash. And have fun! Punch for everyone!

Upvote 0

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
PhotoDave219 said:
They start at four PM on average for distribution. E Ride nights will probably be announced a month in advance. *IF* they come back, it will be a summertime thing....
"If" they come back? Are you kidding me? I think that there is no doubt that E-Ride nights are here to stay at WDW. Just immagine how much Disney brings in on these nights. Lets do the math-- 5,000 avail. admissions times $20= $100,000!!!!!! Now I am aware that there are some expenses that have to be factored into the equation such as cast members wages, extra running time, etc. but they still bring in a steady amount!! Also, in the long run E-Ride nights is just another perk that comes along with staying at a WDW Resort. If they were to remove E-Ride nights (which they will not do) there would be no REAL advantage of staying on property other than the convienience of being so close to the parks.

Upvote 0

TURKEY

gobuckeye@wdw said:
"If" they come back? Are you kidding me? I think that there is no doubt that E-Ride nights are here to stay at WDW. Just immagine how much Disney brings in on these nights. Lets do the math-- 5,000 avail. admissions times $20= $100,000!!!!!! Now I am aware that there are some expenses that have to be factored into the equation such as cast members wages, extra running time, etc. but they still bring in a steady amount!! Also, in the long run E-Ride nights is just another perk that comes along with staying at a WDW Resort. If they were to remove E-Ride nights (which they will not do) there would be no REAL advantage of staying on property other than the convienience of being so close to the parks.
But you wouldn't see a big drop in the number of resort guests just because E-rides disappear.

Might disappear if they decide to do something with the evening extra magic hours like they did when they tested this year.

Upvote 0

gobuckeye@wdw

Account Suspended
TURKEY said:
But you wouldn't see a big drop in the number of resort guests just because E-rides disappear.

Might disappear if they decide to do something with the evening extra magic hours like they did when they tested this year.
I understnad that you wouldn't see a big drop, but you have to remember it all relates to MARKETING. If you were a consumer and were looking for a place you stay you obviously would go for the place with the most resonible price with the most perks. Whenever a person would see that by staying at a Disney resort they may enter the parks and hour earlier (on select days) and have three more hours in the Magic Kingdom, obvoiusly that is going to be a very attractive perk towards the guests. I could possible see Disney removing the E-ride nights if they were to drastically expand their daily hours, but that would be the only possible senario in my mind.

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

gobuckeye@wdw said:
I understnad that you wouldn't see a big drop, but you have to remember it all relates to MARKETING. If you were a consumer and were looking for a place you stay you obviously would go for the place with the most resonible price with the most perks. Whenever a person would see that by staying at a Disney resort they may enter the parks and hour earlier (on select days) and have three more hours in the Magic Kingdom, obvoiusly that is going to be a very attractive perk towards the guests. I could possible see Disney removing the E-ride nights if they were to drastically expand their daily hours, but that would be the only possible senario in my mind.
People stayed onsite before the extra hour in the am and before enights.
I for one, would continue to stay without these perqs. The MK holds absolutely no allure to me, I call it stroller hell. :) And, I sleep late, so the extra hour in the am does not do it for me either.
Just one opinon out of a kajillion. :)

Upvote 0

PhotoDave219

gobuckeye@wdw said:
Just imagine how erronious and incorrect your assumptions are.

E-Ride nights rarely sell out. They just dont. Your math is based on a sell-out night, and since they rarely do, your math is grosslyt off-base.

People will stay on property because its staying on property. Its convience of Disney Transport and a its a quality Disney Resort.

Upvote 0

Dwarful

Well, from a parents perspective, we love eride nights, and when we went in 2002, they had cancelled the eride nights for the time we were there. We were MAJOR disappointed and we let Disney know. (party of 8, 2 weeks onsite). We also let Disney know that we HATED that Character Caravan Crap that just made the front of the resorts "mob central" w/o manners...never saw so many people pushing and shoving and running their kids up to the characters ruining photo ops for other resort guests who had waited their turn. We always take full advantage of early entry and eride nights when possible. Hey, I have a 4 year old who thinks that every person on the face of the earth should be up by 530am. ;) just my opinion...but hey thats all that matters right???:) (jk)

Upvote 0

Atta83

I stayed one night for e-night and it didnt seem like a lot of people as well. I mean a vast majority of rides are open but I love pirates and its not open. I mean e-nights are nice but they just dont bring in the crowds.

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

Atta83 said:
I stayed one night for e-night and it didnt seem like a lot of people as well. I mean a vast majority of rides are open but I love pirates and its not open. I mean e-nights are nice but they just dont bring in the crowds.
LOL, they did when they were 10.00 plus tax. :)

Upvote 0

GymLeaderPhil

E-Ride nights are far and few inbetween for us Florida Residents. Passholders should be able to have some late night MK :cry:

Although the Haunted Mansion last summer really didn't check well for those wristbands. There should have been someone where they collect Fastpasses during the day, instead of at the front of the gate. I crossed from the exit, behind the horseless herse, to the loading area about three times after the official park closing.

Upvote 0

Indy95

PhotoDave219 said:
Just imagine how erronious and incorrect your assumptions are.

E-Ride nights rarely sell out. They just dont. Your math is based on a sell-out night, and since they rarely do, your math is grosslyt off-base.
Actually, the theoretical "capacity" for E-Ride is 20,000 guests, but Disney tries to limit the number of guests to around 5,000. This is why they never actually "sell out," per se.

And E-Ride Night is one of the coolest policies that Disney has set in quite awhile, and I'm sure they have been the highlight of many a vacation. Just think...you get to ride all of the E-Tickets with no lines...and you don't have to get up early!! And it's for THREE hours!!

And even if Disney did get rid of E-Ride Nights, they still have lots of perks to offer a hotel guest, such as early-entry, quick access to parks, Disney quality service, etc. So it won't be a total loss. Except for me.

Upvote 0

Dayzie914

Original Poster
So they still have E ride nights in the summer when they close later (i thought they closed at 11 already and therefore this would defeat the purpose)

Thanks

Upvote 0

Gail Hayden

Dayzie914 said:
So they still have E ride nights in the summer when they close later (i thought they closed at 11 already and therefore this would defeat the purpose)

Thanks
Yes, they mainly have Enights in the summer and they stay open 3 hours after the park closes. Hardly defeats the purpose, the crowds are at a peak in the summer, the extra hours allows onsite guests to enjoy the select rides at the MK.

Upvote 0

Siege898

i am a florida resident and i live about 20 minutes up I-4 from disney. my cousins (7,8) come every year during the summer and usually stay with us alot. most of they time, they will go down and stay on property for about 2-3 nights to do e-ride becuase to them, who still like to do the fantasyland rides which have astronomical waits during peak season (most of the time), they can get a lot of things done without waiting.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom