E:E Soft Opening Chart

Mikejakester

thedisneyfan said:
Good point. Maybe they can add "magical" snow, or get lucky with the extremely cold winter they're predicting and get a few flakes of the real? When was the last time Orlando got any snow?

They are predicting a cold winter? really? Who said that? I was told the same thing I went to for new years during 2003-2004, and I remember getting there dec. 27, which got to a 40F low. then got a warm boost from dec. 29th till January 4th for 80 to 90 degree weather. :dazzle: ALl my cloths were for cool weather. :xmas: So lets just say I was mainly overdressed the whole time.

Im spending the new years this year in the world. I Hope it stays cold if they predict cold :brick:

tn1999

Original Poster
orlando has had freezing temps before. i believe it is just south of tampa that the 'no frost' line starts. i know this because of the lady who sold the hawaiian lae flowers at the flower and garden fest. they cant be planted in orlando, but her plant farm where she grows them is in miami.

brich

PhilosophyMagic said:
It was 7.5 flakes.
I'll take that considering here in Boston we had 43 inches in January alone this year... :lol:
That's the good thing about winters in Florida for me anyway. No matter how bad it gets, it's always a lot nicer than it is at home... :xmas: :sohappy:

Glasgow

I was at Epcot for New Years Eve this past year and had a short sleeved shirt on ... don't hold your breath for snow

lol

Dean Stevens

Account Suspended
ok, please don't insult my intelligence here, but... what is a soft opening? I've never heard this term before? So what is the difference between a soft opening and an official opening?

Thanks in advance and sorry for the stupid question

i have an idea but i just figured someone would be nice enough to give me an actual answer

wdwishes2005

Dean Stevens said:
ok, please don't insult my intelligence here, but... what is a soft opening? I've never heard this term before? So what is the difference between a soft opening and an official opening?

i have an idea but i just figured someone would be nice enough to give me an actual answer
ive always taken soft opening to be CMs or APs previews, if i am wrong, pleas don't flame me.

dave2822

Dean Stevens said:

Explanation through example:

Take Soarin', which opened officially on May 5th of this year. Weeks leading up to the official opening, Soarin' was occasionally open for guests. It could have been between the hours of 10:00 - 3:00, or some variation, but the guests who were in the park would have the ability to ride the attraction before it opens officially. On May 5th, obviously, it was open to all guests during all times of park operation.

Dean Stevens

Account Suspended
dave2822 said:
Explanation through example:

Take Soarin', which opened officially on May 5th of this year. Weeks leading up to the official opening, Soarin' was occasionally open for guests. It could have been between the hours of 10:00 - 3:00, or some variation, but the guests who were in the park would have the ability to ride the attraction before it opens officially. On May 5th, obviously, it was open to all guests during all times of park operation.

thank you, thats the way i saw it, almost as like a "sneak preview" where it would be open temporarily to allow some guests ride but it wasn't fully open

thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom