E:E news update

iellis14

Original Poster
A cuple months ago. I was at disney, and I was talking to a CM. I asked "how did you guys break your yettie". The CM response was (not word for word) "one day we ran 5 trains on the track, and as you no it has as much force as a 747 on take off, so with all that pressure one of the hydrolic pistons snaped and the boom for his arm fell." So I guess they have developed a new feture with strobe lights untill the yetti is fixed. I asked when will he be fixed and the answer was (again not word for word) "our yetti is costum made, and becuse he is we will have to custum make a new part just for him" i said "i bet youll just get another yetti so when that one breaks (god forbid cause i love that thing) you can just pull parts" Couldnt get a responds had to ride.:wave:

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
That doesnt really make any sense. The yeti structure is totally independent from the ride track, so the number of running cars isnt going to make any difference.

If this was reported to you by a CM, it sounds like the Yeti's none appearance is turning into a lot of story telling.

brkgnews

A cuple months ago. I was at disney, and I was talking to a CM. I asked "how did you guys break your yettie". The CM response was (not word for word) "one day we ran 5 trains on the track, and as you no it has as much force as a 747 on take off, so with all that pressure one of the hydrolic pistons snaped and the boom for his arm fell." So I guess they have developed a new feture with strobe lights untill the yetti is fixed. I asked when will he be fixed and the answer was (again not word for word) "our yetti is costum made, and becuse he is we will have to custum make a new part just for him" i said "i bet youll just get another yetti so when that one breaks (god forbid cause i love that thing) you can just pull parts" Couldnt get a responds had to ride.:wave:
Not to be Jerky Jerkerson here... but the Yeti is supported by completely different framework from the coaster track (and the mountain framework is completely apart from those two, as well). So that explanation doesn't hold water. There is an A mode and a B mode. When the Yeti goes haywire, they put it in B mode (strobelights). I seriously doubt that a more-than-normal train load caused a hydraulic piston to break.

brkgnews

That doesnt really make any sense. The yeti structure is totally independent from the ride track, so the number of running cars isnt going to make any difference.

If this was reported to you by a CM, it sounds like the Yeti's none appearance is turning into a lot of story telling.
Darn it, boss. Ya beat me. :lol:

Is it possible that what the CM meant was not that the five trains themselves broke the yeti... but with back to back trains passing by so quickly, the excessive demand of the yeti movement was too much for the arm (not enough rest time in between trains for the arm mechanism) Just a thought:dazzle:

Thurp

The strobe light effect is right down embarrassing. I rode E:E with a first timer on Friday and he completely missed the Yeti. I cannot blame him, I was only able to catch a very quick glimpse at it due to the timing of when our section of the train came up to the Yeti and when the lights came on. Had I not be looking at the correct place during that split second, I would have missed it too. My guest had no idea where or when the Yeti was supposed to appear, I had to explain it and try again (thankfully it was a walk-on Friday morning.)

They really need to fix this or come up with another alternative.

dabro

Is it possible that what the CM meant was not that the five trains themselves broke the yeti... but with back to back trains passing by so quickly, the excessive demand of the yeti movement was too much for the arm (not enough rest time in between trains for the arm mechanism) Just a thought:dazzle:

This is exactly how i comprehended the post. OP has no mention of the structures linked to each other.

Scar Junior

ditto

EpcotServo

It takes 35 seconds for the pressure to build up. Every 35 seconds, the Yeti is able to go.

This is why if you get stopped at the break zone before him, you won't see him move at all. It dosen't matter how many trains are running, you can't make him move an inch before that 35 second mark.

Them's the truths.

Kamikaze

Because of the track switches, the trains can't get any closer than a certain point. The yeti is going to do his show, basically, the same exact time apart once it reaches the point where there is even a slight delay due to waiting for the next train. Adding more than that doesn't add to the frequency of 'shows' that he does.

edit: Bah, beaten!

BTW: Has the yeti even been in this 'broken' state for a couple (or cuple, I guess, if you're the OP) of months?
Besides that, if pieces were coming off of him ('boom for his arm', as it were) I highly doubt the ride would be operating at all.

Because of the track switches, the trains can't get any closer than a certain point. The yeti is going to do his show, basically, the same exact time apart once it reaches the point where there is even a slight delay due to waiting for the next train. Adding more than that doesn't add to the frequency of 'shows' that he does.

edit: Bah, beaten!

BTW: Has the yeti even been in this 'broken' state for a couple (or cuple, I guess, if you're the OP) of months?
Besides that, if pieces were coming off of him ('boom for his arm', as it were) I highly doubt the ride would be operating at all.

Ok, I guess that sounds right. Sounds like some engineer somewhere already thought of this scenerio. They just better get it fixed before 01/09!

LudwigVonDrake

I have a friend who just came back from WDW and didn't even know that the Yeti was in the ride. She never saw him because of how dark it is.

I guess the OP is lucky that they didn't speak to a bus driver. I can only imagine what the story would have been :D

iellis14

Original Poster

what you are not understanding is that it was not the 5 trains that broke it. it was the force of the yetti. remember that thing is very powerful and when 5 trains is on the track it's a lot to handle. Oh and there really was no A and B mode. They only made B mode when the yetti stop working. Trust me I was there when it opened and went there almost every month since thin.

Scar Junior

what you are not understanding is that it was not the 5 trains that broke it. it was the force of the yetti. remember that thing is very powerful and when 5 trains is on the track it's a lot to handle. Oh and there really was no A and B mode. They only made B mode when the yetti stop working. Trust me I was there when it opened and went there almost every month since thin.

Welcome to the boards. I hope you have a good time. Thanks for your contributions... just remember, trust is gained.

There was no B mode made until the yeti broke? We've been hearing reports of B mode since the ride opened so I'm pretty sure that was in the initial design.

BenS

I was here when it opened, and I remember hearing about B mode in the weeks and months after.

Also regarding your first post, I doubt Disney has a ready backup of the Yeti in case of hardware failure. The one was probably expensive enough.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom