Dvc

Capt. Salty

Hello Everyone! Now, we've done a bit of research into the DVC, and I am aware of the DVC resorts. Is it possible to stay at a different WDW resort - say, CBR? We're not really deluxe resort vacationers, so it didnt make sense to go this route for us. We fell in love with CBR and, I at least, dont want to stay anywhere else.
Thanks for any info you guys can offer.
:wave:

peters

You can use your points at any of the resorts, but it's not cost effective unless it's a DVC. You may want to look into an AP and get the room discounts that are periodically offered if you want to stay at CBR.
hope that helps:wave:

Upvote 0

scole3388

If I understand you correctly, you're asking if you purchase DVC points, may you use them at resorts other than the DVC facilities. Yes, you can. You may use them to stay in what is called the Disney Collection which includes Animal Kingdom (although that will probably change because of the DVC units now there), Carribbean Beach, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Ft. Wilderness cabins, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Port Orleans, and the Yacht Club. I actually think you get "more for your money, i.e. points" if you stay at one of the dedicated DVC facililties however.

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
You can use your points at any of the resorts, but it's not cost effective unless it's a DVC. You may want to look into an AP and get the room discounts that are periodically offered if you want to stay at CBR.
hope that helps:wave:
Already have AP's...ran into the "we dont have anymore rooms available at the AP rate" this last vacation (aug 5-12)...long story short, ended up getting the rate. :brick:

Upvote 0

Capt. Salty

Original Poster
If I understand you correctly, you're asking if you purchase DVC points, may you use them at resorts other than the DVC facilities. Yes, you can. You may use them to stay in what is called the Disney Collection which includes Animal Kingdom (although that will probably change because of the DVC units now there), Carribbean Beach, Contemporary, Coronado Springs, Ft. Wilderness cabins, Grand Floridian, Polynesian, Port Orleans, and the Yacht Club. I actually think you get "more for your money, i.e. points" if you stay at one of the dedicated DVC facililties however.
Yup, that's what I was asking...
Thats pretty much what we were thinking, as well...
Thanks for the info.:wave:

Upvote 0

mprewitt

You shouldn't buy into DVC if you're not expecting to spend most of your points at the 8 DVC resorts. It's just not cost effective to use your points to always stay outside of the DVC resorts.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom