dvc waitlist

ariels

Original Poster
hi
i have a 1 bedroom scheduled for beach club villa for the end of this monthand requested for a 2 bedroom after i booked. i was put on a waitlist, what is the likley hood i will get my request? can i ask if a 2 beedroom is open when i check in?
thanks

ariels

Original Poster
also, if i can't get the 2 bedroom can you get an air mattress or something at the resort? i have 4 adults staying, 1 couple and 2 single guys, and i don't think they want to share the foldout sleeper. i am new to DVC, first trip as member.

Pioneer Hall

Getting a waitlist request at Beach Club Villas can be very difficult. If you want the space then I suggest looking at another resort to see if they have availability such as SSR or OKW. I just stayed in a one bedroom at Beach Club and can't say that there would be must space for an air mattress once you pull out the couch. The 1 BR there are on the smaller side. The OKW 1 br would give you more than enough space to do that though.

tjkraz

One Bedroom villas have a king-size bed and a queen size sleeper sofa. So you should have accommodations for 4 adults.

You can bring your own airbed but the resorts will NOT provide any airbeds, cots or other temporary accommodations.

Agree with the other comments--getting a Two Bedroom at BCV off the waitlist at this stage is very unlikely. Epcot area resorts are very popular during Food & Wine Festival and Beach Club is one of the smallest DVC properties. Unless you went on the waitlist right at 7 months, I suspect there are dozens of others ahead of you on the waitlist for dates that overlap with yours.

If you value the space more than anything, consider a larger resort like Saratoga Springs or Old Key West. Although even getting those on short notice during F&W time may be difficult.

PhilharMagician

The only two DVC resorts that are set up to sleep 5 in a one bedroom are BLT and AKL Kidani (only Kindani). You may be able to get into Kidani and it is a beautiful resort. Both resorts offer in a one bedroom (1 kingsize bed in master bedroom, double bed pull out sofa and a single bed pull out chair). They also have two full bathrooms which is nice getting ready in the mornings.

Now you question about the wait list. You will only be on the wait list until 30 days prior to your arrival date, unless you ask to have extended until 7 days prior. At that point I would advice you to call daily and do it multiple times per day if you can since you neve know what time someone may cancel. Once you check in you can still ask to see if you can change your room to a two bedroom, but you will of course have to use more points. DVC does not give free upgrades period.

I personally would see if I could book AKLV Kidani or BLT. THis will save you a ton of points also by not having to upgrade to a two bedroom

tjkraz

The only two DVC resorts that are set up to sleep 5 in a one bedroom are BLT and AKL Kidani (only Kindani). You may be able to get into Kidani and it is a beautiful resort. Both resorts offer in a one bedroom (1 kingsize bed in master bedroom, double bed pull out sofa and a single bed pull out chair). They also have two full bathrooms which is nice getting ready in the mornings.

I'm assuming you are confused because this is not correct.

All of the following sleep 5 in a One Bedroom villa:

* Bay Lake Tower
* Kidani Village
* Jambo House (EXCEPT Value rooms)
* Old Key West
* Vero Beach
* Grand Californian
* Aulani

Each of the above has a king bed in the master bedroom a QUEEN sleeper sofa in the living room and a twin sleeper chair or murphy bed.

BLT and Kidani has two full bathrooms. Grand Cal has one full bathroom plus a 3/4 bath (shower stall but no tub.) The others only have one full bathroom in a One Bedroom villa.

PhilharMagician

I'm assuming you are confused because this is not correct.

All of the following sleep 5 in a One Bedroom villa:

* Bay Lake Tower
* Kidani Village
* Jambo House (EXCEPT Value rooms)
* Old Key West
* Vero Beach
* Grand Californian
* Aulani

Each of the above has a king bed in the master bedroom a QUEEN sleeper sofa in the living room and a twin sleeper chair or murphy bed.

BLT and Kidani has two full bathrooms. Grand Cal has one full bathroom plus a 3/4 bath (shower stall but no tub.) The others only have one full bathroom in a One Bedroom villa.

I was not including off site resorts since they were not an option when going to WDW.

My last stay at Jambo House in a 1 bedroom a few years ago right after the villas opened and it did not have a sleeper chair. I slept only 4 and it was a savanna view room. Is this new?

Since when do the OKW rooms sleep 5? Is this something new? It has been 7 - 8 years since I stayed there but I do not remember the added sleeper chair. Was this added after a refurb?

After doing some internet research it looks like some of these resorts have indeed changed their capacities. The Disney site definately says they are all 5, but sites like DVCnews and Allearsnet show AKL and/or OKW being 4 guest + child under 3 and their info does not match each other.

Sorry for any incorrect info.

disneyeater

I was not including off site resorts since they were not an option when going to WDW.

My last stay at Jambo House in a 1 bedroom a few years ago right after the villas opened and it did not have a sleeper chair. I slept only 4 and it was a savanna view room. Is this new?

Since when do the OKW rooms sleep 5? Is this something new? It has been 7 - 8 years since I stayed there but I do not remember the added sleeper chair. Was this added after a refurb?

After doing some internet research it looks like some of these resorts have indeed changed their capacities. The Disney site definately says they are all 5, but sites like DVCnews and Allearsnet show AKL and/or OKW being 4 guest + child under 3 and their info does not match each other.

Sorry for any incorrect info.

OKW added the sleeper chairs during the refurb. However, I don't think Jambo house has them. I was just their earlier this year and our room did not have one.

tjkraz

OKW added the sleeper chairs during the refurb. However, I don't think Jambo house has them. I was just their earlier this year and our room did not have one.

While I cannot claim to have personally inspected rooms, according to Disney there is a sleeper chair in all One and Two Bedroom Villas at both Jambo and Kidani EXCEPT for the Value class rooms. The Value rooms are too small to accommodate the sleeper chair.

Old Key West added them to all One and Two Bedroom villas during the 2010-2011 refurbishment.

PhilharMagician

While I cannot claim to have personally inspected rooms, according to Disney there is a sleeper chair in all One and Two Bedroom Villas at both Jambo and Kidani EXCEPT for the Value class rooms. The Value rooms are too small to accommodate the sleeper chair.

Old Key West added them to all One and Two Bedroom villas during the 2010-2011 refurbishment.

Did Jambo villas also get a refurb/freshen-up about 1 to 1 1/2 years ago?

slappy magoo

also, if i can't get the 2 bedroom can you get an air mattress or something at the resort? i have 4 adults staying, 1 couple and 2 single guys, and i don't think they want to share the foldout sleeper. i am new to DVC, first trip as member.

Never mind.

disneyeater

After further research it appears you are correct sir. Not sure how I missed the sleeper chair while I was staying there. I even looked back at my pictures and it was right there. My apologies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom