DVC trip- Wilderness Lodge Villa 1BR vs AKL Jambo Savannah View 1BR ?

actaeonus

It's a 5 day trip, and I will make use of the full kitchen. Points are very similar to my planned travel. I plan to have a car available and no kids on this trip.

Any thoughts? And thank you in advance!

nickys

Premium Member
It's a 5 day trip, and I will make use of the full kitchen. Points are very similar to my planned travel. I plan to have a car available and no kids on this trip.

When is your trip?
Right now nothing is open at Jambo except the pool, the pool bar at weekends and the Mara for a very limited breakfast menu. The place has been described as a ghost town. If you want solitude and animals then go for Jambo. Otherwise I would go with CCV / BRV.

Upvote 0

PolynesianPrincess

We stayed at Jambo House villas in a studio in September and it truly was a ghost town. It felt REALLY creepy walking up the stairs next to Boma and Jiko and having it basically be completely dark. We LOVE the view there though. But we didn't like having to go over to Kidani for the gift shop, food and mug refills. Although the bus transportation was GREAT, since hardly anyone was staying there the lines weren't very long at all. AKL is out favorite with WL and Poly a close second. Right now with the lack of amenities at AKL, I would probably go with WL for me.

Upvote 0

goofy5380

Kidani is not bad but, I did it last September not sure if I would do it again, Jambo is way better, if it ever gets opened again, with way more to see and do with no covid restrictions of course...
I'm would try WL if you can. I've never done WL but would try that

Upvote 0

Grace1626

Just returned from Jambo House 1-BR villa. I can say as an afterthought we would have been happier at Kidani as far as amenities go; their store, Community Hall activities, and restaurant Sanaa were all open. Sanaa offered 3 meals a day, while at Jambo there was only Mara with a limited breakfast menu, and the pool bar.

With that said, we had booked a standard view (less points) and I knew there were no bad views at Jambo. Sure enough, we got a pool view room, (and not looking out over the roofs). Some folks get a partial savanna view. But it was an outstanding location. There is a bus that runs between Kidani and Jambo, and we used that a couple of times to eat at Sanaa, walked the rest of the time. I really do like the 1-BR villas at AKL, they are very spacious and comfortable. Note, the 1-BR at Kidani has an extra bathroom.

In February we stayed at Copper Creek. Those villas are not as large as AKL, and lack the extra chair-bed. They are beautiful, but with a walk-through kitchen (not handy) and bare floors except for a small rug by the couch. Loud and echo-y. I prefer carpet in the bedroom; don't like getting up and putting my feet on plastic. Those with allergies would prefer these types of rooms. Almost all Wilderness Lodge amenities were operating except for character meal at Artist Point.

Hope this helps.

Upvote 0

actaeonus

Original Poster
Thank you everyone for all of the advice!

Looks like I will set Jambo aside for now and enjoy it at some time in the future when Covid is behind us, and more things are open/available at the resort- since I usually do enjoy spending down time wherever I stay.

I appreciate the suggestions and will look into Kidani. It didn't have full availability for my trip, but I know that could change. I will give that a try!

Also appreciate the thoughts regarding WL- and since that one is available, I think it sounds best to book that one and keep an eye on Kidani availability over the next couple of months.

Many thanks my friends!

Upvote 0

crawale

When is your trip?
Right now nothing is open at Jambo except the pool, the pool bar at weekends and the Mara for a very limited breakfast menu. The place has been described as a ghost town. If you want solitude and animals then go for Jambo. Otherwise I would go with CCV / BRV.
Agree - unless the restaurants are open Jambo is a miserable place.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom