DVC Star Wars party 4/10 in Epcot

Club Cooloholic

My eyes don't decieve me right? Did they change the start of the new year to April 11th? $225 for 2.5 hours of a party with some props I probably have seen at HS before and finger food. Just a party not exclusive park privileges or anything? I mean maybe if Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and James Earl Jones were there signing autographs, but this? They are truly seeing how willing people are to just hand over money for ANYTHING

Nottamus

My eyes don't decieve me right? Did they change the start of the new year to April 11th? $225 for 2.5 hours of a party with some props I probably have seen at HS before and finger food. Just a party not exclusive park privileges or anything? I mean maybe if Mark Hamill, Harrison Ford and James Earl Jones were there signing autographs, but this? They are truly seeing how willing people are to just hand over money for ANYTHING

I know! I opened email and read - 'DVC member', and thought it was free...then scrolled down a little way and saw price and thought....ohhhhhhhhh.

Thats like $500 for two. or like 6 Disney beers.

Minthorne

Original Poster
It's not clear if it includes alcoholic drinks - I'm guessing it does - but still it is way overpriced for what it is.

Seems to be a maybe a dry run of SWGE food and a chance for CM to practice the role-playing. Think of it as training and testing paid for by DVC members :)

correcaminos

It's not clear if it includes alcoholic drinks - I'm guessing it does - but still it is way overpriced for what it is.

Seems to be a maybe a dry run of SWGE food and a chance for CM to practice the role-playing. Think of it as training and testing paid for by DVC members :)

I assumed it was simply because of the age cut off for "kids"

I agree - dry run of SWGE food and CM training ;)

Janir

Coming out with some special party for DVC members only at a $225 price point per person?! Someone must have been high. I love Star Wars but even if I were there when it was announced, $$550 for the DW and I to go just wouldn't have been worth it. In general DVC needs to plan these announcements over a year out so people can plan a trip around them. As a DVC member I'm not going to just drop my plans for my current use year to go to Disney earlier than I planned and give up all my ADr's and FP+.

nickys

Premium Member
Coming out with some special party for DVC members only at a $225 price point per person?! Someone must have been high. I love Star Wars but even if I were there when it was announced, $$550 for the DW and I to go just wouldn't have been worth it. In general DVC needs to plan these announcements over a year out so people can plan a trip around them. As a DVC member I'm not going to just drop my plans for my current use year to go to Disney earlier than I planned and give up all my ADr's and FP+.

I agree with the ridiculous idea.

But they announce some Moonlight Magic events with just a couple of months notice and they book out in minutes. There are always enough DVCers onsite anyway. And when the Pandora previews were announced, every available studio was booked out within hours of the announcement, again just a few weeks ahead of the announcement.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom