DVC Sleeper sofa

wdwfan100

Original Poster
We just returned from a stay at Saratoga Springs. We had many issues with Disney "Magical Service" but that is a topic for another post. What I wanted to know is feed back on sleeper sofas. We had two sets of adults sleep on the sleeper sofa and both complained that it was uncomfortable. The sleepers were different than the ones I have seen in the rooms in the past. These were typical fold outs with a thin pad and the dreaded bar that goes across the back. My question is how many other resorts have these? If this is what Disney is replacing sleeper sofas with as part of refurb, than I can subtract 2 from every room capacity that has these. It may be OK for a 6 year old kid, but they don't work for adults. We never had a complaint with the previous sleeper sofas. Disney should not be reducing the quality of items to save a buck. Our dues are paid to maintain the standards not reduce them to redirect resources else where.

RSD Part Deux

We had the same problem at BLT and AKL. At the AKL lodge the dreaded piece of wood had broken making it impossible to sleep on. Maintenance came to fix it. He said the amount of complaints about these new sofa beds have been overwhelming. The old beds were great. I can't see them sticking with these new pull outs for long.

wdwfan100

Original Poster
We had the same problem at BLT and AKL. At the AKL lodge the dreaded piece of wood had broken making it impossible to sleep on. Maintenance came to fix it. He said the amount of complaints about these new sofa beds have been overwhelming. The old beds were great. I can't see them sticking with these new pull outs for long.

I hope you right. It seems to be a recent trend though. I have noticed a steady decline in the quality that Disney provides. It concerns me going forward. If the 2 bedrooms cant sleep the 8 guests but can only sleep 4-6 comfortably because they needed to save costs, that doesn't sit well with me.

wdwfan100

Original Poster
Had the same issue at Poly...those beds suck! And the pull out bed under the T.V. was just as bad! They should just take out the stupid couch and put in another bed.

Seriously? At the price point the Polynesian is at there should be no cutting corners. Apparently there is a difference between member and guest. Members are captive and no longer need to be wooed.

wdwfan100

Original Poster
I have always slept on mine at saratoga springs and didn't have a problem at all I slept great. And the family and I go at least twice a year

I think that is great that it works for some people, you specifically. The previous sleeper sofas we had no issue with at all. In fact we used to boast about their comfort. Unfortunately we did not have a positive experience with the new sleepers. We also stayed at the Saratoga on our last stay. In our opinion the quality of these sofas is inferior to the previous ones.

catmom46

I think that is great that it works for some people, you specifically. The previous sleeper sofas we had no issue with at all. In fact we used to boast about their comfort. Unfortunately we did not have a positive experience with the new sleepers. We also stayed at the Saratoga on our last stay. In our opinion the quality of these sofas is inferior to the previous ones.

The previous sleepers you're talking about have like a heavyish foam pad for the mattress, right? And with no bar. If so, then I totally agree with you that those are so comfortable and I'd also be concerned if they're planning to use the inferior sofas going forward. Definitely a terrible idea.

Sans Souci

I stayed at BLT in September and I noticed this was a different type of bed to the ones we've had at BWV and BCV. I remembered the pull out sofas being so comfortable and thinking to myself that I'd like one for our own home. But the one I slept on at BLT was not the same, it was the type you've described here.

Phonedave

We just got back from SSR with two adults seeping on the sofa. It appeared to be the "old style" to me. A three section hard board support with a mattress on top. Not the other kind that folds in half and has spring supports and that bar in the middle.

The couple that slept on it said it was of course not as comfortable as a real bed, but was to uncomfortable either.

Maybe this room was not refurbished? It was room 7701

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom