DVC reservation and WDW park reservation

Phonedave

Original Poster
Normally this is the sort of stuff I have no issues figuring out on my own, but if somebody can explain the details on this, I will greatly appreciate it.

I had a DVC reservation at Hilton Head the end of this month, which I canceled - clearly I did not have park tickets for this reservation.

When I canceled this reservation, I made a new reservation, for the end of December at WDW

I now have a DVC reservation and no tickets, so therefore I cannot reserve park admission.

Disney is not selling tickets for 2020 at this point.

My understanding is that if you have booked a room only vacation with Disney you can still call and have tickets added, and then reserve park admission slots.

So, does this work with a DVC reservation. Before I burn hours on hold, can I add park admission to my DVC reservation at this time, or do I need to wait until Disney opens up 2020 ticket sales? If I try to use the "Purchase Tickets" option on my reservation from the DVC members page, nothing happens. It just loads forever.

Not that it is a huge deal, but I also normally buy tickets via a discounted site. So I guess that option is also out the window.

Also (lots of alsos on this post) - What is WDW doing about specific date tickets? IF I buy tickets for the specific dates I am going, and then have to cancel (but WDW is still open) are they extending any sort of exemption at this time. My wife basically has no immune systems - she is pretty high risk. We are hoping that things are better by the end of the year, but if there is a spike again, then things may change. Initially we were just thinking that we would buy park admission once we got closer to the date and we had a better idea of what was happening. But now, if we do that, the parks may be at capacity.

Thanks

imahistorygeek

All 2020 room-only reservations have to wait until Disney opens ticket sales again...providing there is availability for park reservations.

Club Cooloholic

Normally this is the sort of stuff I have no issues figuring out on my own, but if somebody can explain the details on this, I will greatly appreciate it.

I had a DVC reservation at Hilton Head the end of this month, which I canceled - clearly I did not have park tickets for this reservation.

When I canceled this reservation, I made a new reservation, for the end of December at WDW

I now have a DVC reservation and no tickets, so therefore I cannot reserve park admission.

Disney is not selling tickets for 2020 at this point.

My understanding is that if you have booked a room only vacation with Disney you can still call and have tickets added, and then reserve park admission slots.

So, does this work with a DVC reservation. Before I burn hours on hold, can I add park admission to my DVC reservation at this time, or do I need to wait until Disney opens up 2020 ticket sales? If I try to use the "Purchase Tickets" option on my reservation from the DVC members page, nothing happens. It just loads forever.

Not that it is a huge deal, but I also normally buy tickets via a discounted site. So I guess that option is also out the window.

Also (lots of alsos on this post) - What is WDW doing about specific date tickets? IF I buy tickets for the specific dates I am going, and then have to cancel (but WDW is still open) are they extending any sort of exemption at this time. My wife basically has no immune systems - she is pretty high risk. We are hoping that things are better by the end of the year, but if there is a spike again, then things may change. Initially we were just thinking that we would buy park admission once we got closer to the date and we had a better idea of what was happening. But now, if we do that, the parks may be at capacity.

Thanks
I was wondering this exact same thing. Two things. One I haven't tried calling yet...and two I don't think you can reserve park tickets that late, right now you can only do it through September.

Phonedave

Original Poster
I was wondering this exact same thing. Two things. One I haven't tried calling yet...and two I don't think you can reserve park tickets that late, right now you can only do it through September.

I was able to see park availability through the end of 2020. Everything had availability except for the next few weeks. Of course I was not able to actually try and book a park, because I have no tickets.

jlag1006

We're in a similar situation as we rescheduled our late June trip for late December (and added a few days), but in December my husband is coming as well. We made this change the day before they stopped ticket sales so we didn't have a chance to add days to our existing 4-day tickets or purchase a ticket for my husband.

As of now, myself & the kids have reservations for 4 days and I am crossing my fingers that we can minimally get my husband those same 4 days. If we can upgrade to 7 days tickets for all, that would be even better. As of this morning, all our potential park days (12/23 - 12/29) are showing as green/available so I'm feeling somewhat hopeful.

Club Cooloholic

I was able to see park availability through the end of 2020. Everything had availability except for the next few weeks. Of course I was not able to actually try and book a park, because I have no tickets.
Interesting, I wasnt so sure since they hadn't posted hours yet. I am like you, I prefer to buy my tickets third party, and usually wait till a few weeks before I would be able to do fast passes.
POST EDIT....I did not realize it was for reservations till September 2021!

Last edited:

Club Cooloholic

Not for nothing, but I think it would be very fair for Disney to allow people with DVC reservations to buy tickets and reserve spots before the general public. We are already invested in a room, so it seems fair we should be allowed to reserve park tickets, it's not like we can cancel rooms without penalty(losing points)as easily as other customers.

Club Cooloholic

So this is hopeful....
"By June 28, all Guests will be able to purchase new Disney Resort hotel packages and theme park tickets and make their park reservations for arrivals starting in 2021 as our phased reopening continues. "
So this to me says that they will not allow people to book for the rest of this year, which means if we have DVC reservations, we should be clear for getting our tickets and booking our days...right?
POST EDIT: I tried calling member services, goes through starts the options, then the call just gets dropped. Been busy ever since.

Last edited:

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We cheated.

We bought two NEW DVC Gold Passes. Already got 'em, confirmed.
We asked for a partial refund on our OLD DVC Gold Passes, original EXP 5-27-2020, extended without our permission to 9-2020. Extension is of no value to us.

Now the fun part... our NEW (not Renewal) DVC Gold Passes activate WHEN WE SHOW UP. Could be our booked 4-2021 trip, could be 2022, could be later. But by getting a NEW unactivated DVC Gold Pass? Bingo - we have tickets, as far as the WDW Computer System is concerned.

So, given TICKETS (not yet activated), and a RESERVATION (BRV, 4-2021), I went in yesterday and reserved a PARK for every day of our 4-2021 vacation. And it all worked. I made sure to page-capture and print the data.

I truly believe that anyone with a current AP should request a partial refund, and buy a NEW AP that starts ticking on first use. However long it takes for "Real Park"? You have tickets.

Club Cooloholic

We cheated.

We bought two NEW DVC Gold Passes. Already got 'em, confirmed.
We asked for a partial refund on our OLD DVC Gold Passes, original EXP 5-27-2020, extended without our permission to 9-2020. Extension is of no value to us.

Now the fun part... our NEW (not Renewal) DVC Gold Passes activate WHEN WE SHOW UP. Could be our booked 4-2021 trip, could be 2022, could be later. But by getting a NEW unactivated DVC Gold Pass? Bingo - we have tickets, as far as the WDW Computer System is concerned.

So, given TICKETS (not yet activated), and a RESERVATION (BRV, 4-2021), I went in yesterday and reserved a PARK for every day of our 4-2021 vacation. And it all worked. I made sure to page-capture and print the data.

I truly believe that anyone with a current AP should request a partial refund, and buy a NEW AP that starts ticking on first use. However long it takes for "Real Park"? You have tickets.
How did you even get through. I have to say I am extremely disappointed the chat feature is disabled and the member services line is constantly busy.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

How did you even get through. I have to say I am extremely disappointed the chat feature is disabled and the member services line is constantly busy.
Actually, we did all of this at MDE, with no CM involvement. Just had to do it in the right order....

1) Have a reservation. We already did - DVC room only, APR 2021.
2) Buy a NEW DVC Gold pass. If one is logged in as a DVC owner? This can be done on MDE. Clock starts on FIRST USE.
3) Wait about an hour for the decrepit Computer system to resolve everything, between Mainframes running COBAL.
4) You now have a RESERVATION, and TICKETS. BOOM - you can reserve Parks for your booked trip with available tickets :).

Now - DVC lets us cancel about 30 days ahead of time. Suppose everything went to Hell in APR 2021?
We could do this. NEW Gold Pass still floating around out there, until FIRST USE.

correcaminos

Actually, we did all of this at MDE, with no CM involvement. Just had to do it in the right order....

2) Buy a NEW DVC Gold pass. If one is logged in as a DVC owner? This can be done on MDE. Clock starts on FIRST USE.
3) Wait about an hour for the decrepit Computer system to resolve everything, between Mainframes running COBAL.
4) You now have a RESERVATION, and TICKETS. BOOM - you can reserve Parks for your booked trip with available tickets :).

Now - DVC lets us cancel about 30 days ahead of time. Suppose everything went to Hell in APR 2021?
We could do this. NEW Gold Pass still floating around out there, until FIRST USE.
That's what we did last week. Though I had them cancel our never used unactivated renewal first. Bought gold online. However I do not see where you can buy new passes yet.

nickys

Premium Member

Two questions:

1. When was this that you bought your gold AP?
2. Was this a new Gold AP, or were you renewing a Gold AP early?

The sale of APs was stopped soon after they paused all ticket sales. I’m wondering if it has opened up again. From some point on Monday, Member Services were given authorisation to renew APs early. If they can now sell new ones this is great news for members.

Phonedave

Original Poster
Two questions:

The sale of APs was stopped soon after they paused all ticket sales. I’m wondering if it has opened up again. From some point on Monday, Member Services were given authorisation to renew APs early. If they can now sell new ones this is great news for members.

Sort of great. We are going for 4 parks days in December and as of right now have no plans to go in 2021. I'm not buying an AP to use for only 4 days just so I can book a park reservation. (actually buying 5 APs - seeing as the rest of my family would like to come with me)

Millionaire2K

NEW AP's are not being sold on the app. The app just links you to the WDW website.

correcaminos

Two questions:

APs were going strong for new buys until I think it was the 18th. They suddenly stopped I want to say the night or next day after I bought. So they were selling APs when new tickets weren't available.

David Disney

Same situation too! Was initially due to come to our Home Resort Bay Lake Towers (from the UK) at the end of this month but had to cancel that and so moved the booking to the Boardwalk (Bay Lake was full) over Christmas. Then nearly immediately we had done that Disney said they were stopping selling tickets (before we had had the chance to purchase some). So if (and at the moment it is an "if" ) flights from the UK are allowed back into the US by December we could be coming and spending over £6,000 and not getting into any parks. I think those DVC members who had made a booking prior to the stopping of the tickets being sold should now be given priority in buying tickets when they do go back on sale. We put a lot of money into Disney. Where is the loyalty? Stay safe everyone.

Club Cooloholic

Same situation too! Was initially due to come to our Home Resort Bay Lake Towers (from the UK) at the end of this month but had to cancel that and so moved the booking to the Boardwalk (Bay Lake was full) over Christmas. Then nearly immediately we had done that Disney said they were stopping selling tickets (before we had had the chance to purchase some). So if (and at the moment it is an "if" ) flights from the UK are allowed back into the US by December we could be coming and spending over £6,000 and not getting into any parks. I think those DVC members who had made a booking prior to the stopping of the tickets being sold should now be given priority in buying tickets when they do go back on sale. We put a lot of money into Disney. Where is the loyalty? Stay safe everyone.
My thought exactly. But so far Disney has not given any indication to DVC customer service they are doing this. I suggest rent a car and hit SeaWorld and Universal.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We got VERY lucky - through advanced paranoia :). Just under the ticket shutdown wire? We bought & paid for two NEW, unactivated DVC Gold passes. Got 'em, listed on MDE, CC paid.... at any time to 2030? We have valid park tickets :).

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom