DVC Phasing Out Community Halls?

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
Take this with a grain of salt as with any rumor that starts at a CM, but as I was checking into the Polynesian today, we had asked if there was a community hall for DVC as my sister loves them and it's something we've gotten used to. He said that they wouldn't be getting one AND that they would be phasing them out at DVC's across property.

Does this rumor have any legs to stand on or is it just the usual CM blabber?

Epcotfan21

I've always wondering what exactly the Community Hall's are used for? Anyone care to share?

I always see the one at Boardwalk walking/boating to Hollywood Studios and thought it was mainly just for "show" and somethig used for Cast Members.

CaptainAmerica

Activities for the owners who aren't in the parks. Board games, video games, crafts, etc.
Are they for DVC only, or can cash guests at those resorts use them as well? I don't have any information on the matter, but one potential reason I could see for phase-out is guest abuse. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that folks are dumping their kids off when they want to go have a meal just mom and dad, and that's not their purpose.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Are they for DVC only, or can cash guests at those resorts use them as well? I don't have any information on the matter, but one potential reason I could see for phase-out is guest abuse. I wouldn't be shocked to hear that folks are dumping their kids off when they want to go have a meal just mom and dad, and that's not their purpose.

A mix - video rentals and activities are 'free' for DVC members but are chargeable for cash guests, You are not allowed to 'drop' the kiddies off unsupervised.

Biff215

I'm not surprised that the Poly isn't getting one based on space, and I'd be surprised if they phased out the others. Members' dues are paying the minimal costs to keep them functional, and I don't see the space being that useful for other things in most resorts. The only way I see them being taken away is if they simply aren't getting used. We don't typically spend time there, but sometimes see others there as we pass through. Did GF and BLT get one?

Next Big Thing

Original Poster
I'm not surprised that the Poly isn't getting one based on space, and I'd be surprised if they phased out the others. Members' dues are paying the minimal costs to keep them functional, and I don't see the space being that useful for other things in most resorts. The only way I see them being taken away is if they simply aren't getting used. We don't typically spend time there, but sometimes see others there as we pass through. Did GF and BLT get one?
The Poly has Tangora Terrace, which could easily be turned into a community hall.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon

BLT has one

SpaceMountain77

I am sure there is a line somewhere in our contracts that speaks to the permanency of the community halls. Interestingly, did you know that the AKV contract specifies that owners should not purchased based on the permanency of the animals? If the animals can go, then, I suspect, the community halls could be phased out.

IMFearless

That's the part of DVC that puts me off, if there was a guarantee that things would be similar or improved from how they are now I would buy in tomorrow, the problem is nobody knows what the future holds including TWDC.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom