DVC NEEDS TO STEP UP AND PROTECT ITS MEMBERS!

seascape

Original Poster
I spoke with Guest Services and Annual Passholder Services yesterday and was told my park reservations after September 28 would be canceled as my passes will expire. They refuse to let me renew my passes until 60 days prior to their expiration. That is crazy! All DVC members have to reserve their time well in advance and with all the banked points in the system most will reserve closeto 11 months in advance. So what are we to do? If something isn't done to resolve this and I am unable to gain access to the parks of my choice I will have no other option than to sell my points and stop going. DVC MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. IMAGINE IF I HAD HAD A RESERVATION FOR OCTOBER 1 AND IT WAS CANCELED BECAUSE MY PASS ENDED ON SEPTEMBER 28 AND THEY REFUSED TO SELL ME A NEW ONE UNTIL JULY 28! Why is Disney refusing to take my money now and renew my pass so my reservations would be food in November to December and January? Absolutely horrible and stupid.

FormerMember

I spoke with Guest Services and Annual Passholder Services yesterday and was told my park reservations after September 28 would be canceled as my passes will expire. They refuse to let me renew my passes until 60 days prior to their expiration. That is crazy! All DVC members have to reserve their time well in advance and with all the banked points in the system most will reserve closeto 11 months in advance. So what are we to do? If something isn't done to resolve this and I am unable to gain access to the parks of my choice I will have no other option than to sell my points and stop going. DVC MUST DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS. IMAGINE IF I HAD HAD A RESERVATION FOR OCTOBER 1 AND IT WAS CANCELED BECAUSE MY PASS ENDED ON SEPTEMBER 28 AND THEY REFUSED TO SELL ME A NEW ONE UNTIL JULY 28! Why is Disney refusing to take my money now and renew my pass so my reservations would be food in November to December and January? Absolutely horrible and stupid.
Stupid, yes. But really, it's not too big a deal. You'll get your park reservations at 60 days. Try and relax, it'll be fine.

nickys

Premium Member
If you have a room reservation for dates after your current AP expires, call DVC MS and they should be able to sell you a renewal for your AP.
Yes, this ^^^ They have been doing this if you have an onsite reservation.

Alternatively, you could buy a multi day ticket for the number of days you need after your AP expires and then use the value of the ticket to apply against the cost of the AP renewal.

seascape

Original Poster
Thank you for your help. I did call member services and as expected they were well aware of these problems and took care of it. They sold me 2 platinum passes and said I could upgrade to the plus later. Right now the Platinum Plus Pass is not available. I should have known better than calling anyone other than DVC Member Services so it's my fault but Guest Services should hav kie told me to call DVC and that they could help. In any case in a few weeks I can book my April 2022 trip and have all my Park Passes booked. My faith in Disney has been restored, they will always find a way to take my money. 🙂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom