DVC member Christmas Party outside Epcot???

NikiMouse

Original Poster
It has been a few years since we have been at Christmas time.

Can anyone tell me if they are still doing the DVC member party at Epcot on Wednesdays during the Christmas season???

Thanks!!!

Niki :)

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
It has been a few years since we have been at Christmas time.

Can anyone tell me if they are still doing the DVC member party at Epcot on Wednesdays during the Christmas season???

Thanks!!!

Niki :)

I would imagine so. They are running DVC parties at BWV right now on Wednesdays.

Pioneer Hall

I would imagine so. They are running DVC parties at BWV right now on Wednesdays.

This is somewhat different. DVC has their Merry Mixer events in the winter time that are more event like than Welcome Home Wednesdays.

As far as the question at hand, I haven't heard anything to suggest that the Merry Mixers won't be happening in 2011 as they have in years past.

NikiMouse

Original Poster
This is somewhat different. DVC has their Merry Mixer events in the winter time that are more event like than Welcome Home Wednesdays.

As far as the question at hand, I haven't heard anything to suggest that the Merry Mixers won't be happening in 2011 as they have in years past.

Thanks Insider -

Do you know when they usually start these. We will be there Nov 16 to Nov 23. Hoping to catch one on the 16th.

Thanks!!

Niki

Pioneer Hall

Thanks Insider -

Do you know when they usually start these. We will be there Nov 16 to Nov 23. Hoping to catch one on the 16th.

Thanks!!

Niki

They didn't start until December last year, so I think that you are going to be out of luck. Also, last year they were held in the Contemporary.

Norm1

The Merry Mixer last year was held at the Contemporary for only the last 3 weeks in December. It was a disappointment for us because we were there the first week of December and missed it. The Mixers in the past were always in a tent next to the International Gateway next to EPCOT. It use to be on a particular day each week and did start in November and continue into December. However, last year the number of Mixers were reduced.
Look on the Member website closer to when you leave It should be announced there.

puntagordabob

The Merry Mixer last year was held at the Contemporary for only the last 3 weeks in December. It was a disappointment for us because we were there the first week of December and missed it. The Mixers in the past were always in a tent next to the International Gateway next to EPCOT. It use to be on a particular day each week and did start in November and continue into December. However, last year the number of Mixers were reduced.
Look on the Member website closer to when you leave It should be announced there.

Yeah they hopefully will have one starting the week right after thanksgiving.......we also missed the party due to the 1st week being excluded. We did later hop back over for the last party in Dec...but still was surprised at the axe of the 1st week.

tjkraz

It was a disappointment for us because we were there the first week of December and missed it.

It's been a disappointment for us for 7 years because we don't vacation that time of year.

The entire basis behind DVC / any timeshare is near 100% occupancy year-round. Why should only those who visit in December have access to such a special event?

I can somewhat sympathize with those who are used to visiting the mixers and may be disappointed with changes, but there are hundreds-of-thousands of other members who have never been to such an event because they aren't held about 48-49 weeks out of the year. Boo DVC.

Norm1

I am very sorry that some members have not been able to attend the Merry Mixer I wish everyone had the chance. My intention was to provide information and not debate the "Merry Mixer.
That being said, the Merry Mixer usually provides cookies and non-alcoholic beverage, a DJ and Holiday Mickey and Minnie Characters. It is no different to sale presentations in regional areas of the country or on DCL. It's just a fun place to meet other DVC members and kids have a very good time.
What I would be more disappointed is if I went to one of these events and a hundred thousand members showed up. The chance of getting a cookie would be astronomical:LOL

DebbieL

Just wanted to bump this up! It might be early, but has anyone heard anything about the Mixer? It's something I look forward to every year.

PhilharMagician

I do not think info was released last year until almost November on the Merry Member Mixer.

Last year during early December the area that was typically used for the mixer (near the International Gateway) was under construction to remove the unused tram loading area. I would have to believe that was the reason for the somewhat last minute move of the mixer. It may possibly be back to it's typical location this year.

mrerk

Premium Member
I just read this on another site: (DVCnews.com)

Arrangements have been finalized for the 2011 edition of the Merry Member Mixer, scheduled to run for four weeks beginning in late-November.

The Merry Member Mixer is experiencing another change in venue for 2011. For many years the event was held just outside Epcot's International Gateway before moving to Disney's Contemporary Resort in 2010.

2011 marks the first time that the popular holiday event will be held within the gates of a Disney theme park. The new site is Epcot's World Showplace Pavilion, which is located between the Canada and United Kingdom pavilions in the World Showcase.

The 2011 Merry Member Mixer will take place from 3:00pm to 5:00pm on the following dates:

Tuesday, November 29, 2011
Tuesday, December 6, 2011
Tuesday, December 13, 2011
Tuesday, December 20, 2011

At the Mixer, members can enjoy holiday entertainment, character photo opportunities, a DJ Dance Party and a special gift for each family. Members will also be able to purchase a limited-edition Disney Vacation Club holiday trading pin, while supplies last.

Disney Vacation Club members and their friends, family and traveling companions are welcome to attend. A DVC member ID card must be presented upon arrival. There is no charge for the party however Epcot theme park admission is required for this special event.

mousefan1972

It's been a disappointment for us for 7 years because we don't vacation that time of year.

The entire basis behind DVC / any timeshare is near 100% occupancy year-round. Why should only those who visit in December have access to such a special event?

I can somewhat sympathize with those who are used to visiting the mixers and may be disappointed with changes, but there are hundreds-of-thousands of other members who have never been to such an event because they aren't held about 48-49 weeks out of the year. Boo DVC.

You aren't missing much. We attended the Merry Mixer event last year (at the Contemporary) and it was a colossal waste of time. We did pick up the free ornament, which was nice. Otherwise it was lame with a capital L.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom