DVC Member Annual Passes.

Bthoma10

Yeah I’m kinda torn/confused what to do here. Never had an annual pass before and new to dvc. We are taking some extended family for 8 days. This will be their first and likely only trip. Why they only give you 5 reservations for AP? It makes me think the only way to plan this trip is with general tickets. Otherwise, the last 3 days of our trip it will be possible we can’t get a park res for the all the dining and pre planning we’ve done. If it was just us, no problem, but we can’t leave them on their own.

Is it smart to buy the ap's and simply wait to use it on some future trip, seems like it has been said they are not always on sale?

Is it common to get locked out of availability the last few days of a week long trip with the 5 day limit?

mwhite93

Yeah I’m kinda torn/confused what to do here. Never had an annual pass before and new to dvc. We are taking some extended family for 8 days. This will be their first and likely only trip. Why they only give you 5 reservations for AP? It makes me think the only way to plan this trip is with general tickets. Otherwise, the last 3 days of our trip it will be possible we can’t get a park res for the all the dining and pre planning we’ve done. If it was just us, no problem, but we can’t leave them on their own.

Is it smart to buy the ap's and simply wait to use it on some future trip, seems like it has been said they are not always on sale?

Is it common to get locked out of availability the last few days of a week long trip with the 5 day limit?
It really depends on how many times you plan on going in a year and how many days you’ll be at the parks. If you plan on only going once a year, it may not make sense to purchase an AP.

As far as the park reservations as long as you have a WDW hotel reservation you can book for the entire length of your stay

Bthoma10

It really depends on how many times you plan on going in a year and how many days you’ll be at the parks. If you plan on only going once a year, it may not make sense to purchase an AP.

As far as the park reservations as long as you have a WDW hotel reservation you can book for the entire length of your stay
I didn’t realize we could book for the entire stay based on the dvc reservation. I thought it was tied to the tickets or ap. That definitely changes things. Thanks

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
I didn’t realize we could book for the entire stay based on the dvc reservation. I thought it was tied to the tickets or ap. That definitely changes things. Thanks
Actually, if you have APs and a resort stay, you can book park reservations for the entire resort stay plus other 5 days as well.

correcaminos

Well I am glad I asked. It is so easy to get confused with all these rules. I feel like I generally have a good understanding of things. Thanks I really appreciate it
Trust me us long time AP holders are confused at times too 😁

When you go to book just make sure for resort stays you take from that designation. The top will take from your 5. The bottom will take only from onsite stays.

NyPgt1a.jpg

scoobygirl39541

Trust me us long time AP holders are confused at times too 😁

When you go to book just make sure for resort stays you take from that designation. The top will take from your 5. The bottom will take only from onsite stays.

NyPgt1a.jpg
Its absurd they have to make it THIS complicated to go to their parks. Its not impossibly complicated, but adding in all the other things you have to know about and plan with... It becomes a lot fast. Not only do you need reservations but a DVC member with APs can't just walk in... You have to do yet another step. Its just absurd. DVC+AP gave you enough money Disney, just let them in no matter what. Come on.

correcaminos

Its absurd they have to make it THIS complicated to go to their parks. Its not impossibly complicated, but adding in all the other things you have to know about and plan with... It becomes a lot fast. Not only do you need reservations but a DVC member with APs can't just walk in... You have to do yet another step. Its just absurd. DVC+AP gave you enough money Disney, just let them in no matter what. Come on.
I'm grateful that onsite APs are different. I loathe this method of getting into the parks to begin with though. Being DVC they don't have to do anything though so any extras thrown our way is nice

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
They did say that it will be available at times when it isn't to the regular public without guaranteeing how much. Still I expect a huge rush on the 13th for sales.
That isn’t even close to the same thing as passes “being available”

So I propose this: they limit sales to one per Every person listed on a dvc membership since 1990. Does that work? 👍🏻

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
This is definitely a “tactic”…what we don’t know is the full motivation? They’ll sell a single or Multi day ticket to anyone on the planet any day of the year…so if they say they “can’t” sell to dvc that is being 100% disingenuous.

Now from a marketing perspective, since sales are lagging and resells/dumps are climbing, it would behoove them to keep these available indefinitely as a sales pitch.

Bbeagle

Now from a marketing perspective, since sales are lagging and resells/dumps are climbing, it would behoove them to keep these available indefinitely as a sales pitch.
I could see Disney eventually making Annual passes unavailable most of the time, except for special events, like we are seeing right now. But these could be far and few between, like once every 2 years.

But also make them available immediately for new direct DVC purchases through Disney. This would motivate people to buy direct through Disney to be able to get Annual Passes.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I could see Disney eventually making Annual passes unavailable most of the time, except for special events, like we are seeing right now. But these could be far and few between, like once every 2 years.

But also make them available immediately for new direct DVC purchases through Disney. This would motivate people to buy direct through Disney to be able to get Annual Passes.
Well…they’ve sold them for 5 weeks of the last 37 months…

…so “most of the time” has been checked off already

correcaminos

That isn’t even close to the same thing as passes “being available”

So I propose this: they limit sales to one per Every person listed on a dvc membership since 1990. Does that work? 👍🏻
Not sure what you mean. It just opened today. We'll have to wait and see how available they remain.

As a parent I want to buy for my 15yo kid. He cannot be on my membership so no thanks to your idea

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not sure what you mean. It just opened today. We'll have to wait and see how available they remain.

As a parent I want to buy for my 15yo kid. He cannot be on my membership so no thanks to your idea
1. I agree…which Is why people need to pipe down with the “they said it…internally” stuff for now.

2. You took my joke too literally and missed the point, esquire 🤓

Joe

I'm only visiting this planet.
Premium Member
I just bought two DVC Sorcerer annual passes for me and my wife. I went through the DVC member site which took somewhere else to buy the passes. I went through the DVC site just so they recognized my DVC membership.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I just bought two DVC Sorcerer annual passes for me and my wife. I went through the DVC member site which took somewhere else to buy the passes. I went through the DVC site just so they recognized my DVC membership.
…on my day of playoffs elimination you betray me like this?!?😡

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom