DVC Member Annual Passes.

nickys

Premium Member
As a DVC member from the UK since 1995, why am I unable to purchase an Annual Pass? Why is this facility only available to Florida residents? Is this just another example of me being treated differently as an International DVC family member?
Not a happy member in the happiest place on Earth!
It’s the same for any DVC member who doesn’t live n Florida. It’s a sore point for the majority of DVC members.

And DVC can’t do anything more than keep bringing it up with Disney.

As for the U.K. aspect, there are lots of things the U.K. Disney site doesn’t offer. We can’t book tours or other “Enchanting Extras”, we can’t look at the StarCruiser pages etc without using a VPN. That’s just how it is, their response to me when I asked why I couldn’t look at the StarCruiser information was that “the U.K. site offers guests information that they consider of interest to us”. In reality they probably just can’t be bothered fully updating the international sites.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

Suggesting you sell points, on the open Market. DVC degradation is approaching "peak zero value".
We've deeded our major contract to our children - free. I'm not sure why they wanted it, but they did, and they are in their 40's.
Our minor 30 point contract? SOLD. And we got a fairly nice price for it :p.
We are thankfully OUT of this entire thing - before it totally collapses.

CaptainAmerica

Suggesting you sell points, on the open Market. DVC degradation is approaching "peak zero value".
We've deeded our major contract to our children - free. I'm not sure why they wanted it, but they did, and they are in their 40's.
Our minor 30 point contract? SOLD. And we got a fairly nice price for it :p.
We are thankfully OUT of this entire thing - before it totally collapses.
I understand wanting to be out, and I understand the frustration with the lack of APs. But "stay for free (or the nominal cost of dues) for a couple of weeks in a place that's 80 degrees when home is 20 degrees" will always have value for me, even if they shuttered all four theme parks tomorrow.

nickys

Premium Member
The number of DVC members who did not renew APs but actually require APs is not that high. They could easily make a DVC AP product that can only be used when visiting on a Disney resort reservation. It would go such a long way and have no measurable impact to their business or logistics.
How do they know those figures though? It’s a huge talking point on Disney forums like this. I guess it depends on what you deem “not that high”. My (totally random) guess is 5-10k. Could be double that, who knows?

Last edited:

Disney Glimpses

How do they know those figures though? It’s a huge talking point on Disney forums like this. I guess it depends on what you deem “not that high”. My (totally random) guess is 5-10k. Could be double that, who knows?
I have been told that this problem doesn't impact a significant number of members to warrant any changes since APs will return this year anyways. This decision was also based on the original plan to resume AP sales this past December; which clearly was cancelled.

Most members who had an AP renewed theirs. So, we're really talking direct/grandfathered members who own enough points/visit enough to warrant an AP who also did not renew (or recently purchased direct). It's a subset of a subset of a subset of members.

But I still think they made the wrong decision. I don't think it is unreasonable for someone to not want to visit during the pandemic and thus rent their points out until they felt more comfortable. At which point, they would have no need for an AP. They should at the very least allow late renewals even if they don't allow new purchases. They were doing this with backdating for a while but apparently stopped.

I don't think these forums are a representative sample, even among DVC owners.
Yeah, exactly. I'd imagine most members here probably need an AP.

Last edited:

nickys

Premium Member
I have been told that this problem doesn't impact a significant number of members to warrant any changes since APs will return this year anyways. This decision was also based on the original plan to resume AP sales this past December; which clearly was cancelled.

Most members who had an AP renewed theirs. So, we're really talking direct/grandfathered members who own enough points/visit enough to warrant an AP who also did not renew (or recently purchased direct). It's a subset of a subset of a subset of members.

But I still think they made the wrong decision. I don't think it is unreasonable for someone to not want to visit during the pandemic and thus rent their points out until they felt more comfortable. At which point, they would have no need for an AP. They should at the very least allow late renewals even if they don't allow new purchases. They were doing this with backdating for a while but apparently stopped.

Yeah, exactly. I'd imagine most members here probably need an AP.
I agree 100% that they should have had a DVC AP of some kind.

mwhite93

Yeah it’s quite frustrating… I’m on the opposite side of this as I have until Sunday to renew our passes, but with baby #4 on the way I don’t think we’ll be going much at all this year maybe one time. Befor our passes would expire. So I’m torn, do I renew our passes and spend the money to protect ourselves from ultimately losing our passes or do I skip renewing them and hope by this time next year they are available again? Because $4k is a lot to spend on the off chance we don’t make it down.

RememberWhen

Yeah it’s quite frustrating… I’m on the opposite side of this as I have until Sunday to renew our passes, but with baby #4 on the way I don’t think we’ll be going much at all this year maybe one time. Befor our passes would expire. So I’m torn, do I renew our passes and spend the money to protect ourselves from ultimately losing our passes or do I skip renewing them and hope by this time next year they are available again? Because $4k is a lot to spend on the off chance we don’t make it down.
We’re in a similar boat (no fourth baby though!) of having passes that are about to expire. We’re DVC, but the points this coming year are being used on a trip to Aulani. And my sister wants to plan a big family trip over Christmas in a couple years, which will mean needing to bank some points. They already borrowed some of 2024 points for the Aulani trip. So we’re not coming down again for a couple years. Which means renewing our passes would be just to hold them. And I don’t have that kind of extra money laying around. But Disney has planted this seed now where I have to think “but what if we can’t get passes again when we want them…?

mwhite93

Yeah it’s kind of mind boggling as DVC members there’s no option for APs or at least discounted tickets. We May skip renewing and just rent our points out until they come back

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
We were in the same boat in 2020. We had 2 cruises booked with only a few resort days at WDW planned, so we let our APs expire. Well, then COVID hit, both cruises ended up being cancelled, and we had no APs. We ended up having to pay a lot more for regular park tickets to visit. When the APs went back on sale, we immediately bought them, and just renewed a few weeks ago. We are saving for a house, so we may skip our normal 2 trips next year, but we may still bite the bullet and renew next year just in case we decide to visit anyway. It's only the 2 of use, and we have the Sorcerers Pass. We don't go during the blackout periods anyway, so no reason to buy the IncrediPass.

mwhite93

We were in the same boat in 2020. We had 2 cruises booked with only a few resort days at WDW planned, so we let our APs expire. Well, then COVID hit, both cruises ended up being cancelled, and we had no APs. We ended up having to pay a lot more for regular park tickets to visit. When the APs went back on sale, we immediately bought them, and just renewed a few weeks ago. We are saving for a house, so we may skip our normal 2 trips next year, but we may still bite the bullet and renew next year just in case we decide to visit anyway. It's only the 2 of use, and we have the Sorcerers Pass. We don't go during the blackout periods anyway, so no reason to buy the IncrediPass.
Yeah we have the sorcerers pass too. I don’t want to renew because I don’t think we’ll make it down this year, but I’ll be kicking myself if they don’t bring them back

LuvtheGoof

Grill Master
Premium Member
Yeah we have the sorcerers pass too. I don’t want to renew because I don’t think we’ll make it down this year, but I’ll be kicking myself if they don’t bring them back
That's us for next year, but we will, in all likelehood, renew anyway, just in case we decide to make a trip down there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom