DVC Kitchen Use

Pioneer Hall

Kitchen is mainly used for breakfast for me...to toast a bagel or have some cereal. We do keep some drinks and snacks in the room as well. Will sometimes bring some beers as well to enjoy while lounging around the resort.

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member
Just got back from staying at the Wilderness Lodge Villas. This was the first time we used the kitchen to it's full capacity. We were trying to stay with our new eating habits during this trip and it worked. I only gained one pound during the trip and I think that was leg muscle. I've lost 30 lbs since January and wanted to stay the course.

Good for you! :sohappy: Congratulations!

I LOL'd at your comment about the pound of leg muscle. Too true!

PhilharMagician

MOstly we stay in a studio, but when we are in a 1 bedroom the kitchen is really only used for breakfast. Maybe some eggs, toast and bagels. We like to eat breakfast in the room and maybe a snack in the afternoon with an early ADR for dinner between 4 and 5. Our only real benefit for the 1 bedroom would be the extra room of course but the real bonus is having the washer and dryer in your room.

My in-laws drive to Disney so they buy food before they come. We always have breakfast and a couple of nights of dinner. Usually hot dogs or pizza bagels. Always have snacks and drinks on hand. Stuff that we can make quick.

mraphael

It varies with each trip for us.
Since we are "local" (2 hour drive) I will bring pantry food and some cold food with me and then make a stop at Publix after check in. I always have drinks and a few snacks on hand in the room.

This last trip we went on we stayed at BLT and didn't go into a park at all. We spent our 4 days by the pool and doing things at the restort we don't normally do since we are usually in a park. PLUS, it's too hot in the summer to be walking in the parks!

We had a simple breakfast (yogurt, cereal and fruit) Sandwiches for lunch, and dinner was Tacos, Grilled Hot Dogs and then one night we went to Cape May.

I always pack a couple extra supplies (dish towels, some better kitchen tools and even a bigger frying pan). Again, since we are driving, this is possible.

dizzney

Its amazing how many of us eat the breakfast in, snacks in and then dinner out. I guess other moms like me want to know they are on vacation!

Kitchen

We always eat breakfast in. Then if we go back mid day we will have a salad.The large fridge is wonderful for drinks,milk,salad stuff,fruit etc. we put bread/rolls in the freezer and defrost when we want them.
The microwave is good for popcorn and boiling water for cups of tea!!
We always eat out in the evening.
The laundry is wonderful--we probably do a wash every other day--it`s great to get home with a suitcase of clean clothes!!

DVCOwner

A Long Time DVC Member
Original Poster
During are last trip we where at the BLT - We had one two bedroom with park view. As I said during my first post, we always do breakfast and lunch. This time we had a party in the room with lots of food, drinks, and fun. We did this during the fireworks and it was great. Without the full size kitchen it would have been hard to pull this off. We had a full buffet set up in the room and everything was great.

ScoutN

OV 104
Premium Member
We usually do a few hot breakfasts in the room when we go for 7-10 days. A couple times we have been known to make sandwiches in the morning then come back, grab them, and take them to the pool wit ha beverage. We almost always travel with a case of water and various other drinks. If it is just my family then we don't do a dinner in the room. If others are there or with us then we do a spaghetti with homemade meatballs and Italian sausage or ribroast; usually something along those line.

We don't use the kitchen that much but I would say they're fairly well stocked with the basics. If I'm planning on a big meal, I'll bring some of my own things since we usually drive.

LivFreeorDisney

Some people think we're crazy but we don't go out to the parks until after lunch. So we use the kitchen for breakfast and go out to the pool until lunch. We go back to our room for lunch and take a quick nap and off we go for a full afternoon and night of fun in the parks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom