DVC for dummies?

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Ironic you post about intelligence in a thread for dummies. "Calling all dummies, wwwd, step right up!" If you can't take a simple joke, don't bother replying.

I thought about making the same joke when I read the title, but you beat me to it. See what happens when a hurricane knocks out your power and the wireless router stops working. I knew I should have bucked up for the I pad with 3G. I would have went with this thing ;) to make sure people knew I was joking, there are actually people around here who would seriously post something like that.

Just for the record, I am a very happy DVC owner and I definitely don't think DVC is actually for dummies. We may be a little obsessed with the mouse and his house, but not dumb. Use the links above and remember that you are essentially prepaying for future Disney vacations. To me it's a blessing, for some it can turn into a curse. Make sure you are comfortable with the finances before buying in. Remember that lodging is only a portion of the total cost of a WDW vacation.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
There are better properties in Hawaii. Aulani is kind of in a lame area.. think of it like a 'suburb' vs living in the original city.

In my opinion Aulani is on the wrong island. I have been to the 4 major islands and Oahu is my least favorite. I didn't like the Waikiki area. Too much of a Miami beach feel. The rest of HI is so naturally beautiful and relaxing. I think Aulani has a decent location if you want to be away from the noise and traffic of Honolulu. I have never actually been to the resort, but you are still a short drive to Pearl Harbor (the highlight of the island IMHO). If you want a place where you can walk to nightlife or other restaurants, not the best location. I am not familiar with the beach at Aulani, but I suspect there are better beaches on Maui and Kauai. If you plan on going i would suggest splitting time on Oahu and one of those islands (or the big island if you want to see the volcano). All of this is based on exactly 1 trip to each island so I am not really an expert, just my opinions.

copcarguyp71

Original Poster
Let me be clear...what I meant in the title of this thread was more along the lines of:
images

More of "I am the moron so please teach me" and not "you DVC idiots" as some people seem to be taking it. It was just a bit of humor so take a deep breath and lets move on...

GoofGoof

Premium Member
Let me be clear...what I meant in the title of this thread was more along the lines of:
images

More of "I am the moron so please teach me" and not "you DVC idiots" as some people seem to be taking it. It was just a bit of humor so take a deep breath and lets move on...
Sorry, I was just joking around with the other guy. I knew what you meant.

This thread has a lot of good info:
http://forums.wdwmagic.com/threads/thinking-about-dvc-number-crunching.851813/

If you have any specific questions and/or issues either PM me or post them here. The mouse saver link is pretty solid info.

JustInTime

I thought about making the same joke when I read the title, but you beat me to it. See what happens when a hurricane knocks out your power and the wireless router stops working. I knew I should have bucked up for the I pad with 3G. I would have went with this thing ;) to make sure people knew I was joking, there are actually people around here who would seriously post something like that.

Just for the record, I am a very happy DVC owner and I definitely don't think DVC is actually for dummies. We may be a little obsessed with the mouse and his house, but not dumb. Use the links above and remember that you are essentially prepaying for future Disney vacations. To me it's a blessing, for some it can turn into a curse. Make sure you are comfortable with the finances before buying in. Remember that lodging is only a portion of the total cost of a WDW vacation.
I don't think it's for dummies at all! It was too good a joke not to make! :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom