DVC discount on annual passes

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
Anyone remember what the new promotion was for annual passes. I thought I read somewhere that there was a discount available until the end of the year. I'll be at the world definitely 2X's next year so I want to get an AP

TIA

DisneyJeff

In the Parks
No
The normal DVC discount is on the Gold Annual Pass. That gives you access to all 4 parks with blackout dates around Christmas and Easter. The current promotion is to get a Platinum Plus Pass for the price of the Gold. The Platinum Plus gives you access to all 4 parks with no blackout dates plus both water parks and a golf course. I'm not positive, but it may be good for 13 months from activation as well (instead of the usual 12 months).

JaxFLBear

The normal DVC discount is on the Gold Annual Pass. That gives you access to all 4 parks with blackout dates around Christmas and Easter.
Actually, there is an ongoing savings for DVC Members on the Gold, Platinum & Platinum Plus Passes.

upload_2017-11-8_8-38-30.png

The current promotion is to get a Platinum Plus Pass for the price of the Gold. The Platinum Plus gives you access to all 4 parks with no blackout dates plus both water parks and a golf course.
The last date to purchase and take advantage of this offer is 1/3/2018.

I'm not positive, but it may be good for 13 months from activation as well (instead of the usual 12 months).
The 13 month promotion for NEW APs ended on 1/3/2017. The 13 month promotion for RENEWALS ended on 10/2/2017.

correcaminos

The normal DVC discount is on the Gold Annual Pass. That gives you access to all 4 parks with blackout dates around Christmas and Easter. The current promotion is to get a Platinum Plus Pass for the price of the Gold. The Platinum Plus gives you access to all 4 parks with no blackout dates plus both water parks and a golf course. I'm not positive, but it may be good for 13 months from activation as well (instead of the usual 12 months).
That was renewals only and that one ended Oct. You can still get the PAP+ though for Gold price until Jan Must be used by end of 2018 though.

Dean1953

I'll be at WDW starting December 16, for 3 weeks. I have a Platinum AP for myself and my son, that I purchased last December over the phone. I had been planning on using two 10 day passes (unused) for the purchase but Disney won't do that except in person. I purchased them as a non DVC owner. I now own DVC points bough direct from Disney. Can I use the two unused tickets in partial payment in buying 2 AP's and pay the dirrerence?

nickys

Premium Member
I'll be at WDW starting December 16, for 3 weeks. I have a Platinum AP for myself and my son, that I purchased last December over the phone. I had been planning on using two 10 day passes (unused) for the purchase but Disney won't do that except in person. I purchased them as a non DVC owner. I now own DVC points bough direct from Disney. Can I use the two unused tickets in partial payment in buying 2 AP's and pay the dirrerence?

You should be able to. You'll need to take your Id (for each adult) and DVC card to a Guest Relations window.

DisDadWoz

So if I get the PAP+ now at gold price and don't activate it until April 2018 trip it doesn't run through April 2019 but through Dec 2018?

Simba's Mom

So if I get the PAP+ now at gold price and don't activate it until April 2018 trip it doesn't run through April 2019 but through Dec 2018?

So glad you asked this question. I was afraid of that too, because I just bought two PAP yesterday, and like you, I won't be renewing them until April 2018.

correcaminos

So glad you asked this question. I was afraid of that too, because I just bought two PAP yesterday, and like you, I won't be renewing them until April 2018.
To clarify this. A *renewal* will last a year from the expiration date of the last pass. A *new purchase* will be a year from activation. So if you are doing a renewal you cannot activate in April. Only a new purchase (which is $90 more).

Simba's Mom

To clarify this. A *renewal* will last a year from the expiration date of the last pass. A *new purchase* will be a year from activation. So if you are doing a renewal you cannot activate in April. Only a new purchase (which is $90 more).

Nope we did a regular AP. I can see how you were confused-thanks to me. I shouldn't have used the word "renewal" in my reply. Since a renewal activates right away, and we have no use for the pass until April, it wouldn't be worth the savings for us.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom