Dvc discount at counter service restaurants?

Turtlekrawl

Original Poster
My apologies if this has been covered. Does anyone know if there is still a dvc member discount at counter service restaurants in wdw? I seem to remember getting 10% or so off at most places last summer, but a friend who visited recently said he was not able to get anything. Just wondering...

Phonedave

My apologies if this has been covered. Does anyone know if there is still a dvc member discount at counter service restaurants in wdw? I seem to remember getting 10% or so off at most places last summer, but a friend who visited recently said he was not able to get anything. Just wondering...

No, there are no discounts (to the best of my knowledge) at COUNTER SERVICE - nor have there ever been.

There are numerous DVC discounts at TABLE service places. Most of them are 10% for lunch only -but there are some dinner ones as well, as well as some 20% discounts as well. Marrakesh is a 20% for lunch and dinner I believe. Chefs de France is a 10% for both lunch and dinner. There are other table service discounts in the other parks (Yak and Yeti, Rainforest, Hollywood and Vine) and in most resorts as well - but again, no counter service discounts.

Earl of Sandwich and Wetzel's Pretzels at DTD have a discount, so I guess those could count as counter service, but no counter service discounts in the parks.

-dave

Turtlekrawl

Original Poster
Thanks for the response. I know it isn't an advertised benefit. But I'm sure I got a discount in the past, on multiple occasions. I remember because CMs would ask for ID along with member card.

It's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. I was just curious

Phonedave

Thanks for the response. I know it isn't an advertised benefit. But I'm sure I got a discount in the past, on multiple occasions. I remember because CMs would ask for ID along with member card.

It's small potatoes in the grand scheme of things. I was just curious

I have been DVC for 3 ro 4 years now on multiple trips and I can never recall getting a discount at a Counter Service. For a while there I was AP, DVC, D31, TiW, and had the Disney Visa. I used to ask everywhere what discounts were available, because all of those things give some sort of discount. I don't think I have EVER had a discount at a counter service restaruant for any reason.

-dave

Phonedave

DVC members get a discount at many of the counter-service restaurants at Downtown Disney, such as Earl of Sandwich and Cookes of Dublin. Is that what you're thinking of, perhaps?

I think they also do at DisneyLAND - maybe the OP was in California for a while.

-dave

Turtlekrawl

Original Poster
No I was in DL a few months ago. No discounts there at counter service.

Again, it's really not a big deal. Thanks for the replies. Maybe I just got lucky. I suppose I'll show my card and see what happens.

Phonedave

No I was in DL a few months ago. No discounts there at counter service.

Again, it's really not a big deal. Thanks for the replies. Maybe I just got lucky. I suppose I'll show my card and see what happens.

No worries, it is just how I am. You asked a question and now I am determined to find the answer (Type A engineer here)

Looking at the current perks right now (to see them, log onto DVCMember.com and go to "Member Extras" the "Parks & Discount" and then select the resort to bring up a PDF)

In DisneyLAND there is a 10% discount on just about every counter service they have - lunch and dinner. That includes the park, California Adventure, DtD, and the hotels. Really, without creating a check list it looks like there is a DVC discount of 10% at every single place you can eat at in Disneyland

in DisneyWORLD there are no counter service park locations listed at all. There are some in DtD. Most resort locations also have a table service discount of some sort.

I am pretty sure the DisneyLAND counter service discount have been in effect for a number of years now.

-dave

Longhairbear

No worries, it is just how I am. You asked a question and now I am determined to find the answer (Type A engineer here)

Looking at the current perks right now (to see them, log onto DVCMember.com and go to "Member Extras" the "Parks & Discount" and then select the resort to bring up a PDF)

In DisneyLAND there is a 10% discount on just about every counter service they have - lunch and dinner. That includes the park, California Adventure, DtD, and the hotels. Really, without creating a check list it looks like there is a DVC discount of 10% at every single place you can eat at in Disneyland

in DisneyWORLD there are no counter service park locations listed at all. There are some in DtD. Most resort locations also have a table service discount of some sort.

I am pretty sure the DisneyLAND counter service discount have been in effect for a number of years now.

-dave
Very true, just about every location at DLR you get a discount. I think it now includes, or will include WOD too.

Mammymouse

I just haul out all my cards when I go to pay for something because my memory isn't what it used to be and I don't know anymore what goes with what, and just ask the CM. They are usually pretty good at letting me know what the best discount is for my purchase. I have DVC, AP, TiW and Disney Visa. Heck if I can't keep that stuff in my head how am I ever going to manage the new NexGen stuff?

PhilharMagician

TIW gets you 20% @ CS restaurants in AK

There are a bunch of discounts around the WDW property, but AK is the only park to offer discounts. There are a variety of DVC, AP and TIW discounts @ WDW Dolphinn, Swan, Pop Century, DTD, PO French Quarter and a few others.

I actually made an excel spreadsheet that I update everytime I go. The discounts are so spotty @ Disney that I would never remember all of them without something to review when I am there. Unfortunately it has not been updated now since Dec 2011 so some of the discount I mentioned may be gone. I will E-mail a copy of it, just PM me.

Phonedave

I just haul out all my cards when I go to pay for something because my memory isn't what it used to be and I don't know anymore what goes with what, and just ask the CM. They are usually pretty good at letting me know what the best discount is for my purchase. I have DVC, AP, TiW and Disney Visa. Heck if I can't keep that stuff in my head how am I ever going to manage the new NexGen stuff?

That would be an awesome NextGen perk. It knows everything you qualify for and automaticaly applies the best discount

-dave

harryk

At Earl of Sandwich a few years ago, I received a discount using my AAA card, they offered 'at that time' only the AAA discount. I tried AP and DVC and was politely declined and then they asked if I had AAA card. I don't know what they accept now.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom