Trip Report DVC, Dinosaurs, Buckets & Booze! Now with added London & Paris! COMPLETE!

Hello and welcome to my trip report! The title will make sense I promise… eventually!

We’ve actually been home almost 3 weeks now and I’ve been writing this report for about 2. I just haven’t sorted through all my photos (and had the Disney blues, which always makes visiting the Trip Report forum hard!) but I’ve got a nice free Saturday now to sort through the photos and feel ready to post :)

So I guess the DVC and booze part of the title is self-explanatory, so I’ll start with that! Having bought into DVC on our last trip… what better way to try out all the options now available to us then making this a super-split-stay… and staying in 6 different resorts!! o_O Ok this wasn’t all completely intentional; it just kind of worked out this way (which will be explained shortly!)
It may sound crazy to some, but we actually loved trying out a bunch of different resorts over the 16 nights of this trip! 16 nights meant there was plenty of time to do so!

Now the booze element of the title… well, there was a liiiittle bit of drinking involved! If you’ve read any of my previous reports you’ll know we like a Disney Drink… or monorail crawl! It adds a little extra magic to the already magical day…

Originally I had wanted to name this report When You Wish Upon a Cronut, as leading up to the trip I had been day dreaming about all the delicious Disney food that exists in the magical bubble (don’t we all?!) and the Cronut in all it’s delicious-sugar-filled-butter-pastry-delicious glory is just one of the items that had been most on my mind! I’d not found one over here (in the UK) and there’s just something about sitting down and looking over World Showcase whilst increasing my blood sugar levels & calorie intake by a bajllion with that crazy pastry! Just one of those little ways of knowing I’M HOME when doing so.
However, I didn’t even end up getting a Cronut once this trip!! Despite being there for 16 nights this kind of became a theme of the trip in that some of the things we’d been daydreaming about and talking about doing or eating before the trip- along with some Disney staples- we somehow forgot to do or completely missed! So much so that back home our go-to joke phrase that we say or randomly message each other throughout the day is “Did we even Disney?!” that sometimes goes to “Did we even America?!” “Did we even plane?!” :joyfull:

Don’t get me wrong though, we still had an awesome time and the Disney blues are hitting HARD. It never gets any easier! I literally want to walk out of work every second (yep I’ve been writing this at work… when I can… ssh… who doesn’t go on the boards when at work?!) go get my husband and grab our passports and board a plane back to my real home. If I had the money to do so I wouldn’t look back!

So with all that info already (these first few posts are going to be wordy, sorry!) let’s get onto the who, the when & the where (x6 :joyfull: )

Who: Me (Sam) and my husband Russ

EBC8B509-FF05-4D07-91C9-F70BC57270EF.jpeg

Ok how about a non drinking in Disney photo:

BB736BB9-70AE-4094-B320-6E57B3B074D4.jpeg

We’re from the UK and this was our 11th trip to WDW together (I grew up going, Russ’ first trip was with me) and our first full trip as DVC members! We purchased DVC on the last trip- and actually used a few points right there and then- but this felt like the first “official” DVC trip!

Now onto the when and where…
September 21st-October 7th
16 days of glorious WDW. I can’t believe that it’s over a month now since we left for the trip!

So our last trip was in November/December 2018 and of course the Disney blues had hit hard as soon as we were home and it all felt like FOREVER ago within a month of being back! Although we had some tentative plans in place already for this year, by March/April we had to get bookings secured and make it real so that the Disney blues could become Disney excitement!

So first a little background, because this trip had some changes! And it will also explain the amount of resorts…
Originally we had a Disney Cruise booked for September 28th-Oct 5th. We planned to do a week in WDW before that and stay another 2 nights after the cruise. Having bought into DVC on our last trip (woo hoo!) we decided we wanted to try 2 different resorts in that first week. We quite like split stays and we wanted to try out places we hadn’t stayed before, which now being DVC members allowed us to do. So our original plan was for 3 nights at Copper Creek (our home resort) and 4 nights at Animal Kingdom Lodge, before embarking on our cruise and returning for 2 nights at the Beach Club (our favourite resort which we have previously stayed at).

Then along came a slight spanner in the works. We secured Copper Creek for our first 3 nights and Beach Club for the last 2 nights after the cruise. However, AKL was only available for 3 nights- leaving our last night before the cruise without somewhere to stay. We thought we would waitlist AKL, but then I noticed a Theme Park View Studio at Bay Lake Tower was available for that night- and we thought why not? We were planning to do MNSSHP that night anyway, so it would be convenient for that- and we have also done split stays many times before, including 3 resorts in 5 nights once and we actually don’t find it that much of a hassle. So that became our new plan!

Then as happens sometimes, a second much larger spanner was thrown into the works. In May, a bit of a family emergency/situation came up that made it seem like we might have to postpone our trip. As it was quite up in the air whether we would be able to go- along with slight financial pressures- it seemed cancelling the cruise would be for the best. If it later turned out we could still go away, a WDW trip would be more than welcome. So we went ahead and cancelled the cruise, but decided to keep the DVC bookings since they were less of a commitment at that time.

We weren’t too sure until August whether we would be going ahead, when the family situation had settled and we knew we would be ok to take our trip! Whilst we were disappointed to not be cruising with DCL again (we’ve been trying to go again ever since we took our first Disney Cruise as part of our honeymoon nearly 4 years ago) it now meant we had over 2 weeks to enjoy WDW! It had been a good few years since we had stayed solely in Orlando for that long and we can’t wait! 16 days for all the parks, dining and resort time seemed like bliss! We had thought it felt a little rushed the past 3 or 4 trips as they had been shorter and/or filled with plans in & out of WDW (not that those hadn’t been great, we’d just been craving a long WDW trip). There are always so many things we want to repeat alongside new things to try- there never seems to be enough time no matter how long we’re there! And, as we’ve just found out anyway from this trip- 16 nights still isn’t long enough!! I think we actually did less than we’d planned for this trip than on our shorter trips!

So now that we knew we were going and that it would be 16 nights just in Orlando- the only issue was sorting rooms for the week that we originally thought we would be on the cruise for. This was a little more of a headache now with being way into the DVC booking window- and the announcement that Galaxies Edge would be open at that time!
We could only get 3 nights at Saratoga Springs for Oct 1st-4th. We booked it and waitlisted Beach Club/Boardwalk for those nights and hoped it would open up and swap us- and that the night of the 4th would become available either with points or the cash discount. Then I could align those nights with our DVC booking for the 5th and 6th Oct. We had our fingers crossed that we would get our waitlist for Beach Club and end up with 6 nights in a row there at the end!

That just left the 28th Sept - 1st Oct with nowhere booked (and no more points left!). So we decided to do those 3 nights offsite, to save money along with that we also wanted to visit some of the other non-Disney Orlando parks (sshh!) as well as some shopping and relaxing. Even this didn’t work out how we planned! I’ll explain when I get into that part of the trip, but we didn’t get to any off-site parks lol!

So, the waitlist literally 10 days out of the trip moved us to Boardwalk for the 1st-4th! That still left the night of the 4th to book somewhere before the 5th & 6th that we had locked down for Beach Club (are you still following?! o_O). There was no availability with points and no decent discounts for the night of the 4th at the Beach Club or Boardwalk- and since it was just one night it didn’t seem worth the rack rate- so we went for 1 night at Coronado Springs instead! A little crazy when being at the Boardwalk and then moving to Beach Club that we were then popping elsewhere on property for one night in between, but when the Boardwalk/Beach Club rates were near $600 and Coronado was $200… it was worth it. Plus we had wanted to visit Coronado during the trip anyway to see the new tower and restaurants. So for us, it was perfect!

And so, that was our crazy itinerary! :joyfull: For some it might seem like a nightmare, but we do actually like seeing and staying in different resorts- we’d done it before so we knew what it entailed- and as it’s just the two of us we don’t find it too bothersome. In fact, in some ways it makes the trip seem longer and more exciting getting to experience different resorts! We actually enjoyed waking up, calling bell services to collect our bags, heading out to a park and then coming back to a new resort afterwards! When we switched to AKL from Copper Creek our room was ready when we were back and we already had magic bands, so we simply went straight to our new room. It doesn’t usually take much time anyway to pop to check in on the way back from a park if need be- we usually time it so we arrive after check-in time anyway- and our bags have always arrived in a timely fashion after calling, if not having already been in our rooms! The only slight inconvenient time we had was when we moved on and off-site, as this meant we had to grab an Uber (we hadn’t hired a car) and take our luggage with us rather than being able to transfer. At Disney it was easy!

We actually a few years ago spent 3 months travelling- and most of our stays in various cities were for 3 or 4 nights! A couple were even 2 nights- so simply moving around WDW a few times over 2 weeks compared to new cities and countries every few days for 3 months was nothing really!

Ok, finally, here is what the itinerary actually was:
Sept 21st-24th Copper Creek at Wilderness Lodge
Sept 24th-27th Animal Kingdom Lodge
Sept 27th-28th Bay Lake Tower
Sept 28th-Oct 1st Off-site
Oct 1st-Oct 4th Boardwalk Resort
Oct 4th-5th Coronado Springs
Oct 5th-7th Beach Club Resort

I’ll get started on the report soon- I’ll just give a little info on what the trip plans entailed in the next post!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
After relaxing at Beach Club for an hour or two, at 8pm we decided to head over to Magic Kingdom and walk to the Contemporary and see if they could seat us early. We ended up at the check-in stand at about 8.45pm and asked about being seated early- they said they would try and we could sit at the bar until then. So we headed on up and ordered a round of drinks.

2ED516F6-0FA2-4B33-9928-E32233BF98C2.jpeg

Half an hour went by and we were having a nice time, I felt a little better too. I realised we probably weren’t getting seated early, so we ordered another round of drinks. Another half an hour later, right on 9.50pm we were shown to our table. I wish they would have said it wasn’t possible to sit us though rather than make us wait- as I think I would have preferred to have gone to The Wave for a drink first in hindsight! Or we could have just ordered and eaten at the CG bar. I was a bit tipsy and quite tired now- and the rain outside made it seem like it was even later than it was. Another mistake of the day doing this so late, but oh well.

Our waitress introduced herself and saw we didn’t need any drinks, so brought out the bread. We placed our orders and watched the Halloween Fireworks whilst eating our appetisers shortly after, as they were on at 10.15pm.

313D1E92-C9E6-4AB0-BA52-064A2C646D95.jpeg

Unfortunately the combination of the drinks and my anxiety which had reappeared made me SO FULL as soon as I’d had one slice of bread- I couldn’t really enjoy my tuna appetiser (even though it was delicious) and I was dreading the main course! What was going on with me today?!

6F70ED47-5A5B-4577-8006-046845246D0E.jpeg

Russ had the short rib wontons and these were AMAZING too! So annoying my stomach was in knots and couldn’t really appreciate them.

309D71D7-AF48-443E-B70C-91C81CC039E8.jpeg

At least Russ was having a nice time- he was hungry and in a good mood now. I was annoyed at myself that I couldn’t snap out of it! Usually our last days are some of the best- albeit bittersweet- but today was just one of those not so great days. All I wanted to do was get back to the room and sleep!

Looking back at this day now now- and whilst hungry lol- is sooo annoying and frustrating! Snap out of it Sam!! I would do anything to be eating at California Grill tonight. And to have a 4-parks-in-one-day day! How had this day gone from such grand plans to so meh.

Anyway, for mains I had the chicken- first time ever at CG! And Russ had the bison again, but swapped the side out for the Mac and Cheese. Russ enjoyed his bison and actually ate most of my chicken- I just couldn’t eat it. It was tasty, not the best from CG, but my stomach was in too many knots this evening to eat.

30382A39-DD05-4071-9859-BB7082006338.jpeg

With dessert included on the plan we decided to get them to go- and settled the bill. With a walk out in the wind and rain we made our way over to the Magic Kingdom bus stop and headed back home to Beach Club where we ate the desserts in bed- and then went to sleep after watching some TV for a little.

D52FFB27-941B-4D92-9542-22271105DA4C.jpeg

D1FE5927-CF47-49DF-88DA-FCA47B84E49C.jpeg

It can’t always be a good Disney day, but it’s a shame that this was on our last day of this trip!
I really think we should have just got up that morning and stuck to our original plan. I guess I may have still had the underlying anxiety though, which could have affected the whole day still, so you never know.

But that was our last full day! Sorry for the gloomy post. At least we had until 2pm in the World left the next day before our Tragical Express. We didn’t have any park days left though (originally we had planned to upgrade our tickets to Florida Gold Passes, which being DVC allows you to do- but as we had used a water park day on our UK hopper tickets, we could only upgrade to the Platinum Plus- which was over $1000 to do so. So that was a no this trip! One expensive water park day!).
So our plans for the morning were to head to Disney Springs and use our last QS along with visiting a bar or two before we had to leave.

Coming up- I’m feeling back to normal in the morning (hooray and DOH!) So we have a nice last few hours in the Springs (before a painful tooth on the flight home!)...

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Monday October 7th

We woke up around 7am and started getting ourselves ready and our bags packed to leave. Originally we had a crazy plan to go an offsite supermarket super early to buy the things we hadn’t managed to the other day (we were too hot in the sun and full after our visit to Chevy’s to do a proper shop!). We still wanted some American treats to take home with us- but when it came round to it, this seemed silly and we realised we could just pop into the Speedway at Disney Springs and buys some sweets and snacks there instead.
It is funny that another of the things we didn’t do was our usual haul of sweets/American food and a couple bottles of liquors that we can’t get over here in England. Oh well. It was the theme of the trip!

We checked out and made our way over to Disney Springs at about 10.15am. Not before Russ had attempted to deflate Reymundo as the CM had showed us, so we could pack him- but instead tore the balloon instead so it burst. No trip to England for Reymundo! Look how sad and not about to burst into laughter Russ is...

4015B16C-2670-45BD-88D8-3B187D684E75.jpeg

After arriving at the Springs we popped over the bridge to Speedway as planned to buy the few smaller packs of sweets and snacks to take home- and then made our way back over to Disney Springs via one of the bridges.

Epcoooooo (tiny Spaceship Earth) from the bridge! Why, why are we leaving?? 😢

DD331CAC-5401-41CA-A956-4406F68A43A1.jpeg

6828206C-7F56-4E72-97B0-CCED007ADC26.jpeg

We decided that since we had a good 3 hours here we would take a proper walk through the whole of the Springs, from the top down to the Marketplace and take our time. We hadn’t yet been up the top near the NBA experience yet, so that’s where we started from and looked into a lot of the shops along the way.

I was watching and took a couple of photos of the lady making stuff in Candy Cauldron.

5D8452FE-4E77-48A0-8655-6D969E5AC629.jpeg

From here I took a good amount of time looking around Disney Style as it’s my favourite store! I think there was new stuff each time I looked in it when at the Springs. I took photos of a few things I liked (not sure why I do that when I’m not buying!)

Childhood :happy:

57B4B770-0574-4334-B37E-55F22FB92A76.jpeg

I love the Disney Springs balloon. I could watch it for a while; it’s always something that lets me know I’m here in Disney. And now we were leaving :cry:

86CC09FE-F99F-4DD1-A773-171E80925701.jpeg

From here we continued walking, popping into shops here and there and then into World of Disney. I picked up a bath towel that my younger sister had asked me to get- and also picked up one of these at the counter as I thought it was cute and something to carry around.

3A5613AD-4BD5-4135-BB70-D139D853A1C1.jpeg

The CM at the desk said he didn’t know 100% if it was true, but apparently they were made of old attraction parts and there’s a barcode on them you can enter online to find out which attraction it was from. Interesting if it is true! I haven’t actually checked yet. I had wanted to buy it even before I knew that though.

We continued on exploring and then headed over to the marketplace and the Christmas shop. I just love this ornament!!

D139A215-D7D7-4EB3-865B-A9E3BCBEC105.jpeg

After all the wandering it was nearing midday and we were hungry enough to use our last QS points. Back to one of our favourite Disney Springs QS- at least we got here! Polite Pig. It’s such a good value for QS here along with the food always being tasty.

9C5B7164-F60F-4010-951A-B746F1617A83.jpeg

We got the Butcher Board to share (You can choose 2 meats each and 2 sides; we had half chicken, cheddar sausage, pork, brisket, waffle fries, watermelon, tomato & feta salad, 2 coleslaws, pickle and jalapeno corn breads) which with our dining plan also came with two alcoholic drinks. Russ got an Old Fashioned and I got a cocktail which I can’t remember right now- but it was strong and tasty!

Soooooo much goodness. It was all really good, as always!

55D21D6E-A053-45F9-BE8E-4064F6F012D1.jpeg

Ariel1986

Original Poster
From here we decided to have one last drink at Jocks. Of course! At least we managed to visit one of our favourite bars multiple times this trip! Before Jocks I actually popped to Ghirardelli to use our last snack point, and grab a free sample too. I bought the white chocolate peppermint bark bar and they threw in a mini peppermint snowman too to make it up to the snack point price.

B6D87920-957F-43EB-AFE9-D183E2CD2BAB.jpeg

834E1AE4-347D-4E37-BF75-42C52D3B1B89.jpeg

Our bar seats 💕

3B43CC36-E9D5-42C1-8292-5500F48EFC11.jpeg

Last drink at Jocks… 😢

555A6810-904D-4C2F-AD30-A4D74EC67ACE.jpeg

We sat for about 45 minutes, talking with the bartender and amongst ourselves reflecting on the trip. It felt way too soon to be going home! Even though 16 days was wonderful and a long trip- the middle 8 days flew by! It felt like we’d had the days at Copper Creek and then the last couple nights at Coronado/Beach Club and everything in the middle had sped by without doing half the stuff we planned. I mean we had still had an awesome time and it always feels sad going home, but this time just really felt like we shouldn’t be going home.
It was like one of those dreams/nightmares if anyone else has had one, when you’re on a real trip and then you dream that you’re back home without any explanation and the trip is cut short- and then you wake up relieved as it was just a dream. But this was real and we were going home! :cry:

We left Jocks and made the sad walk back to the bus stop. A bus came along shortly and we actually got out at Yacht Club as they were unloading a scooter with another one waiting at the stop to get on, so we thought walking back from here to Beach Club would be quicker.

Russ went to grab the bags from Bell Services and I actually facetimed Alisa briefly whilst we waited for the Tragical.

And there it was. And there we were.

8368D3F9-0605-4BCF-A371-9218D65C308D.jpeg

086ED6BB-6B9C-428E-B6F0-03DD6FAA1844.jpeg

Why do I have to leave you beautiful Beach Club?!

EEB992A2-A078-4475-8C8C-C8EA925AE33B.jpeg

BD6B451F-6CD0-4180-8F7B-AACB10A1857C.jpeg

Once we arrived at MCO we had a long line to wait in at check-in. Our plane had been switched out to another carrier (as seems to happen with Norwegian) and so our seats had moved from a window and middle seat about halfway up the plane to the very back row of the plane and centre seats. There was “nothing” this carrier could do about it. Sigh.

On to security which wasn’t too bad, but this was where I noticed that my tooth was aching more than it had up to now, and the painkillers I had taken for it were not making a difference. We carried on though onto our terminal, bought some duty free and went to sit at the tiny bar we always have a last drink at in MCO.

Our flight ended up being delayed almost an hour (and with no communication from the carrier taking us- HiFly- even to the crew and pilots who turned up to board at the original time! So the gate was a bit chaotic). Every passenger it seemed on this flight had been moved from their original seats and were trying to get moved back with no luck- luckily our ticket had included seat selection, as I would have been even more annoyed if we had paid for certain seats, like many of the other passengers had.

About ten minutes before they said we were going to board my tooth went crazy. Pain all up my jaw/neck/head! 😣 I ran to the newspaper/gift store to see if they had any kind of tooth gel, bought some and applied way too much and took some more painkillers which managed to hold me over to get on the plane. Constant tooth gel, whiskey and painkillers helped me through the flight! Not the most sensible idea- and definitely not the best journey home! But it held me over the 24 hours before I could get to the dentist.

And that was our journey home! Back to reality with a bang! 😳

However, despite not the best last day and the journey home, we had had a wonderful trip. Even with it flying by and it seeming that we didn’t do half the usual rides/places/snacks & new to us things we wanted to try. It has just made us even more desperate and determined to get back as soon as possible! And maybe for even longer…

Thank you for reading if you made it to the end! 😊❤ I’ve really enjoyed writing and reliving the trip- and it’s kept me amused at work when I have been writing it during downtimes (and not so downtimes! 😉) I can’t believe we have been back 2 months now. Just as always, the planning and excitement becomes the countdown, which then becomes the trip and before you know it all just becomes memories. But memories of magical times are what gets you through to the next adventure! 😊✨💕

Until next time Walt Disney World. Thank you for having us.

krisri18

Thanks for sharing, loved following along! I definitely understand that "we didn't get it all done" feeling. We did a 16 night trip in 2017 and somehow only saw each nighttime show once! And didn't do half the things we had hoped to. It's the conundrum of always saying to yourself that you've still got plenty of time and then somehow it's the last day and there's no time for anything! Just another reason to go back I guess!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Thanks for sharing, loved following along! I definitely understand that "we didn't get it all done" feeling. We did a 16 night trip in 2017 and somehow only saw each nighttime show once! And didn't do half the things we had hoped to. It's the conundrum of always saying to yourself that you've still got plenty of time and then somehow it's the last day and there's no time for anything! Just another reason to go back I guess!

Thank you for following! I think you're right, being there longer you think you have more time to do everything, so you relax a little too much. But that last day comes around all too quickly!! But of course, definitely another reason to go back! I already feel we've been away too long and I'm in need of another trip! :joyfull: Thanks again for reading, glad you enjoyed :happy:

Great trip report!! I really enjoyed it. Thanks for sharing & I hope you get back soon!!

Thank you for reading! Glad you enjoyed. I have so many trip reports to catch up on myself now. Including yours! I really hope I get back soon too!!

thanks for writing your report, I really enjoyed it...particularly the impressive amount of cocktails! given me some inspiration!

Ha ha glad I could bring some inspiration! I miss drinking them every day! :joyfull: Thanks for reading, glad you enjoyed!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Loved your report (except the last day made me 🙁). Thanks for returning to finish it up and I look forward to reading about Disney Twins Take on London!

Thanks for reading! At least the last day is a fading memory now- and I'm sure another trip will help to make up for it...!

ABigBrassBand

Hey! I just wanted to say that this trip report was so, so fun! Makes me excited to go with my hubby in a month :), it seems like y'all had so much fun! Thank you for taking the time to write it all out for the forum. And I hope you enjoy DLP, the original park is my favorite castle park and the prices are right (~179EUR for a low tier annual pass? holy moly)

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Hey! I just wanted to say that this trip report was so, so fun! Makes me excited to go with my hubby in a month :), it seems like y'all had so much fun! Thank you for taking the time to write it all out for the forum. And I hope you enjoy DLP, the original park is my favorite castle park and the prices are right (~179EUR for a low tier annual pass? holy moly)

Thank you so much for reading along! I’m glad you liked it and found it fun! 😊 We had fun!
Have the best time on your trip next month!! I just want to be going back right now lol. But yes, DLP tickets are very cheap compared to here! I’ll get posting about it soon!

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Ok let’s get started on Disney Twin Adventures in London & Paris shall we? 😊

Thursday November 14th

So @dclfan arrive in England in the morning of November 14th and I met her of course with a dinosaur balloon! 😂

FD4D4AC4-6AAE-4745-8620-6FA731AA783E.jpeg

We actually went from London Gatwick to one of the largest Primark stores in the UK (Lakeside for all you fellow Brits!) as it was halfway between the airport and where I live- and Primark is an awesome shop in England that sells LOADS of Disney clothes & accessories (and home accessories). Alisa actually ended up buying a dress rather than any of the multiple Disney items on sale though 😂

From the giant Primark we continued on to my hometown, terrifying Alisa on the way with the multiple roundabouts (traffic circles for Americans-
not that there are many in America!) whilst driving my manual (stick shift!) car :joyfull:

After we had arrived at my house, the time had come for the very anticipated (by Alisa!) British pub crawl! Russ joined us too of course. I loved how excited Alisa was by a “traditional” English pub 😊

EE370CB5-46F9-48DD-95F0-C1B8C7CA4659.jpeg

British beer cheers! (And Vodka tonic for Alisa!)

C1E23A3A-97E7-495E-B8BB-955F18C4610F.jpeg

From here we continued to catch up and tour more pubs in my town, whilst introducing Alisa to a British delicacy- a Greggs Bakery sausage roll! 😂

15625C44-FB4D-4FC8-A13D-55E7A1DAC0CA.jpeg

She loved it though! (I may have had to disown her if she didn’t find the pastry deliciousness good though!). One thing I didn’t manage to capture actually when we first arrived at my house- was that we made a crumpet for Alisa (a British baked/breakfast item, along the lines of a British breakfast muffin). She loved this so much she’s found a British store in Tampa that sells them! 😂

From a couple of pubs we headed to one of Russ and I’s favourite bars where we had (of course!) espresso martinis! Hooray! (I will spare you the 100s of tipsy selfies we took and only post this one lol!)

06EEFBB4-E482-4C41-B934-80D05D24B173.jpeg

We actually went to an all you can eat BrazilIan steakhouse this evening (very British 😂) which we kept joking was the budget Ohana lol. We had a really nice evening though laughing and catching up and planning the days ahead!

Back at home Alisa was cosy in the bed we’d made for her with Gertie (of course we named her Gertie!) the balloon 😊

5B0E6870-75DB-44CF-8205-679D8B2FAB1A.jpeg

Friday November 15th

We actually spent today meeting up with various members of my family! They were all excited to meet my Disney twin! So we didn’t actually take many photos, but I have to mention that we stopped for a drink at the REAL Rose & Crown! 😮 Yep this pub in my town is called The Rose & Crown! This isn’t actually one of my photos though (google is my friend!) as it was dark outside by the time we got there- but we enjoyed a round of drinks in the Rose & Crown in my town! Of course we had to visit here!

E331DE5C-D020-458B-BD75-C3474C0308F8.jpeg

After some more drinks this evening at another few pubs- and catching up with Russ who had been at work- we headed to Pizza Express (for any fellow UK-ers, this is a delicious pizza restaurant chain staple in England!)

62D99540-0D19-4EB5-AE81-F27CB560F711.jpeg

We actually had a lovely evening watching Disney YouTube’s and discussing life- and just having a fun evening in general hanging out after this!

Coming up... an awesome weekend of London adventures!! 😁🇬🇧

Last edited:

dclfan

Do not fear twin I have photos of my first crumpet.... Your trip report is making me sad. I miss gertie and my duvet. The first 2 days were magical. I can’t wait to relive the rest. Let’s go back and eat food more YouTube videos.

Attachments

• 616F676F-4287-43D4-973A-BE95C99C64C5.jpeg
    616F676F-4287-43D4-973A-BE95C99C64C5.jpeg
    64.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 51D89707-3386-4653-861C-A5130E7CDA69.jpeg
    51D89707-3386-4653-861C-A5130E7CDA69.jpeg
    80 KB · Views: 84

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Saturday 17th November

We woke up this morning and with what had become a tradition already, had coffee and crumpets whilst chatting for an hour before realising we were running late for this days plans! Alisa was learning getting ready in winter in England means a lot more layers and time then throwing on shorts and flip flops in Florida!

The train station is less than ten mins walk from my house so before we knew it we were waiting in the platform for our train to London. We bought a coffee here both mornings (we went to London the following day too) and we kept the “stupid little biscuits” both times for hangry emergencies!

E86F7699-6D41-4853-8825-303E83575374.jpeg

The train was pretty crowded today so we had to stand, but the journey is less than 30 minutes so it wasn’t too bad.

We’re here! Let’s time a photo with a red London bus! :joyfull:

02EE5D36-50BA-4E87-B8C1-FB835090E9F0.jpeg

So thanks to Instagram and being millennials, we had been drawn in to a bar I’d seen online that looked like it would be really silly fun. It’s called Ballie Ballerson (😂) and is a giant ball pit bar (as in kids play area ball pit) for grown ups! Being of the never grow up kind and seeing they also did a “bottomless brunch” ticket, I bought us 2 for the first thing to do in London 😂

It was crazy...

E9460E6F-1257-4E37-88F0-3201AE07B2AA.jpeg

Now, this ballpit was fun and silly and actually really good for photos! And surprisingly quite empty considering the actual bar area was PACKED. That might be due to the unlimited drinks I guess...

E6EC6007-CF9C-43CF-BBA4-425C508CD7C7.jpeg

Our ticket was for 2 hours of drinks and ball pit entry, but after 30ish minutes we had drunk enough (the drinks weren’t actually that great) and taken enough photos in this social media experiment! That’s how we refer to it now, it was kinda weird looking around and seeing EVERYONE in the ball pits just filming themselves/their friends/posing for boomerang photos constantly and taking selfies without actually just being a big kid. But then again that’s also what we were doing! For the gram! 🙄😂

78AFDA95-C37C-4AEC-8098-23BCD096790E.jpeg

It was fun to do once though, but we were happy to get going to explore London and leave the loud annoying music behind (maybe we’re not such millennials as we thought! :joyfull:)

Onwards to our next stop! Sushi Samba! This is a great bar/sushi restaurant with awesome views of London!

FDB5DC60-3C1C-4048-8968-D304173085A3.jpeg

It also has a nice rooftop bar (that was closed but we were still allowed to sit outside with our drinks and they have fire pits so it was warm) and we had a drink that Alisa had had loads of in Japan- this is the first place she had found it that served it right! I thought it was tasty too- I can’t remember what it’s called, but it’s some kind of lemon liquor and soda. Refreshing!

B4683BBE-D83B-4E0A-B1D2-4AD061E19F1E.jpeg

We had a fun time here just drinking and people watching for a while. Successful selfie from me here! 😂

CC983442-7204-43FA-B0EE-462453D63B54.jpeg

We also went back inside and had some sushi which was DELICIOUS!

8E42A2B6-F372-4AB5-AE34-9ACE87C854C9.jpeg

From here we started to make our way towards the Tower of London and the Thames to continue our London adventure! Via various little shops and picturesque streets of course!

2DC65ABA-AD91-4C0B-B3C1-D2F65E321427.jpeg

Ariel1986

Original Poster
Tower of London- check!

A8813BD7-47E7-4FAA-A02B-2CB96EEF6651.jpeg

Tower Bridge- check!

8F6D4BEB-4F12-4BF5-8A6A-EBD751D7070C.jpeg

After I had tried my best to give a history lesson on the Tower of London... Henry IIIV, Crown Jewels, etc. etc. we walked along the Thames River to our next destination... The Copa Club bar because they had these awesome “igloos” for the winter! Except... they were all booked out, booooo. But, they served espresso martinis, yay!

Cheers!

DE5C7215-C85C-4BA7-8161-65CD7DFA875C.jpeg

So after a little time drinking and chatting, we noticed one of the igloos was empty. We asked one of the waitresses if we could sit in it for a few mins to see what it was like- and she said if we only stayed a few minutes before the next booking then we could. She asked us to wait until they had reset it for the next booking though- and it was almost like a secret mission as the waitress then came over and ushered us in whilst saying “quickly, quickly” and looking nervous and almost being a look out for the next guests, when it was ready! Yay for the Instagram photo opportunities! 😂

7DE68126-7983-4A8B-987C-64320EF66A8C.jpeg

Igloo mission accomplished, we continued walking around grey London along the Thames.

7C79C18C-D923-4D3E-8045-997320312325.jpeg

It was 3.30pm and the cloud coverage was making it pretty dark outside (it gets dark anyway at 4pm when the sun sets in England at this time of year!) and this is Alisa confused about time as she couldn’t believe it was getting dark so early! :joyfull:

0F82C7A9-1BCF-4E90-92F5-193226DA910B.jpeg

We crossed the Thames and over to Borough Market which is a giant food market in London that is also the oldest market in England- the site dates back to the 12th century! And the current buildings that hold it were built in the 1850s. There’s so much on offer, but we couldn’t think of what we wanted or if we were hungry enough! In the end we stopped at a nearby pub for drinks- I don’t have any photos but it was so cosy in there and had a great atmosphere. We had a round of drinks and finally we were hungry and decisive enough to order a wheel of Camembert and bread! I did take a photo of this of course :joyfull: :hungry:

407000B4-BC28-4575-A5BD-EF2E107DF5CB.jpeg

We continued on round along the Thames, it was fully dark now!

245D2BA5-7B38-48F7-B00D-B4A67ADB79BD.jpeg

Alisa was excited that England let’s you open carry alcohol- they even serve you to go drinks in pubs if you want! This was her yep I’m drunk and want to pose with my wine in London photo! Hey, a London wall photo! Disney traditions are everywhere...

1FE2AEC5-645B-43E9-8E0C-0850659CB67C.jpeg

Shakespeare’s Globe, check!

A5CCC5F5-C9BD-410E-9505-E56D659100BB.jpeg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom