DVC Brainstorm

Cesar R M

Thought I'd get this thread going again with a new DVC topic...

How do you guys feel about a DVC expansion to the Fort Wilderness Resort Area?

Bigger Cabins?
Fort_Wilderness_Cabins_3_interior%20Medium%20Web%20view.jpg

Maybe an old-west town theme near Pioneer Hall?

Maybe something similar themed to Hotel Cheyenne exterior wise?

0.jpg

5780947.jpg

Thoughts?

id love an old west style, with saloon and that.

where you could buy your own "wanted" posters.

Sam Magic

Thought I'd get this thread going again with a new DVC topic...

How do you guys feel about a DVC expansion to the Fort Wilderness Resort Area?

Bigger Cabins?
Fort_Wilderness_Cabins_3_interior%20Medium%20Web%20view.jpg

Maybe an old-west town theme near Pioneer Hall?

Maybe something similar themed to Hotel Cheyenne exterior wise?

0.jpg

5780947.jpg

Thoughts?
I would say bulldoze it, then build a western town.

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
So.... serious thread bump here...

I thought this would be an awesome topic to bring back up with current Armchair Imagineers on the forum! :D

So, where should the next DVC expansion go guys? :cool: Any other ideas that haven't been given yet? :D

spacemt354

Chili's
So.... serious thread bump here...

I thought this would be an awesome topic to bring back up with current Armchair Imagineers on the forum! :D

So, where should the next DVC expansion go guys? :cool: Any other ideas that haven't been given yet? :D
Nice!:D

Not sure if it's feasible...but I always thought i'd be cool for a Yacht Club DVC...extend kinda from Fittings and Fairings and wrap around with like a mirror image to the Beach Club Villas!
BCV%20Map.jpg

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Nice!:D

Not sure if it's feasible...but I always thought i'd be cool for a Yacht Club DVC...extend kinda from Fittings and Fairings and wrap around with like a mirror image to the Beach Club Villas!
BCV%20Map.jpg

Love this idea!

Beach Club only has Studio, One Bedroom, and Two Bedroom DVC. I'd really love to find a way to include Grand Villas at the Yacht! (12+ people)

Yacht is very fancy compared to Beach's home-y feel. This could work out well to even each other out:D This could also be an excuse for a Stormalong Bay expansion :eek: Which I would totally be for :cool:

The one thing is the layout could be off for what your thinking of o_O It'd run right into the Swan, I believe.... Or it'd cut it close :bookworm:

Another thought on this could be cool is a "Ship Bungalow" :cool: Looks like a Fancy Yacht on the outside... Looks like a Nautical villa on the inside :D Make a expansion of Crescent Lake on the other side of the resort by the Canal :bookworm:

spacemt354

Chili's
Love this idea!

Beach Club only has Studio, One Bedroom, and Two Bedroom DVC. I'd really love to find a way to include Grand Villas at the Yacht! (12+ people)

Yacht is very fancy compared to Beach's home-y feel. This could work out well to even each other out:D This could also be an excuse for a Stormalong Bay expansion :eek: Which I would totally be for :cool:

The one thing is the layout could be off for what your thinking of o_O It'd run right into the Swan, I believe.... Or it'd cut it close :bookworm:

Another thought on this could be cool is a "Ship Bungalow" :cool: Looks like a Fancy Yacht on the outside... Looks like a Nautical villa on the inside :D Make a expansion of Crescent Lake on the other side of the resort by the Canal :bookworm:
I was looking at it on Google Maps...layout would be tough with the Swan/Dolphin...we'd probably have to make it more linear..and zigzag it up the map to fit.

And also there's some sort of Cast member parking lot adjacent to the entrance:confused: I think that's what it is...but there's parking spaces by the convention hall, or we could just build a walkway across the canal to a new CM parking lot, and then have the additional guest parking on the other side of the street...it's not too far away.

I like the Ship Bungalow idea! :D And maybe we could pull a WL DVC and add onto pre-existing rooms in the main lobby area and make them DVC?

Oh...and Stormalong Bay Expansion - count me in! They need to fix that slide, it's too bumpy down the main shoot I have to sit up:p

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
I was looking at it on Google Maps...layout would be tough with the Swan/Dolphin...we'd probably have to make it more linear..and zigzag it up the map to fit.

Agreed! :D

And also there's some sort of Cast member parking lot adjacent to the entrance:confused: I think that's what it is...but there's parking spaces by the convention hall, or we could just build a walkway across the canal to a new CM parking lot, and then have the additional guest parking on the other side of the street...it's not too far away..

That isn't the Cast lot - I know that much:p... I'm pretty sure it's for convention guests o_O Convention hall is actually pretty popular, so that's what I'm assuming :D

I like the Ship Bungalow idea! :D And maybe we could pull a WL DVC and add onto pre-existing rooms in the main lobby area and make them DVC?

Sounds Wonderful!

Oh...and Stormalong Bay Expansion - count me in! They need to fix that slide, it's too bumpy down the main shoot I have to sit up:p

Yeah some stuff needs fixed... I think we can make it cool though!

I'd love to even put in a Trader Sams style bar in Yacht or Beach.... Theme it to this guy from the Mansion....
Mariner.jpg

Or the Nautilus...
tumblr_mviegqAbIl1qk6dn0o1_1280.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
That isn't the Cast lot - I know that much:p... I'm pretty sure it's for convention guests o_O Convention hall is actually pretty popular, so that's what I'm assuming :D
Ha that makes sense...

Sounds Wonderful!

Yeah some stuff needs fixed... I think we can make it cool though!

I'd love to even put in a Trader Sams style bar in Yacht or Beach.... Theme it to this guy from the Mansion....
Mariner.jpg

Or the Nautilus...
tumblr_mviegqAbIl1qk6dn0o1_1280.jpg
Yes and yes!

Hurrican Hanna's is pretty basic when it comes to variety...it would be cool to make it two floors so the people sitting up top could get drinks and stuff
Hurricane-Hanna-Bar-2.jpg

beach-club-hotel-pool.jpg

People (aka me):p...love to sit up top in the gazebo area! If we made this whole thing a bar area that's be really cool!

Also include a swim up bar area in the little alcove area to the left of the picture above....:D it's only 3 feet in that area and nobody ever uses it. Could be the "adult zone":cool:

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Hurrican Hanna's is pretty basic when it comes to variety...it would be cool to make it two floors so the people sitting up top could get drinks and stuff
Hurricane-Hanna-Bar-2.jpg

beach-club-hotel-pool.jpg

Agreed! We could play with this a lot....:D Add to the menu...

People (aka me):p...love to sit up top in the gazebo area! If we made this whole thing a bar area that's be really cool!

Also include a swim up bar area in the little alcove area to the left of the picture above....:D it's only 3 feet in that area and nobody ever uses it. Could be the "adult zone":cool:

I'm all for making the gazebo area a bar! And a swim up bar area would be great! :D

Another cool addition would be a Watertower for kids :) Just because it seems that's the popular thing to add to resorts now :rolleyes:
pelican_plunge_perspective_1_with_t.jpg

spacemt354

Chili's
Agreed! We could play with this a lot....:D Add to the menu...
Oh yeah make it unique like Beaches and Cream is!

I'm all for making the gazebo area a bar! And a swim up bar area would be great! :D

Another cool addition would be a Watertower for kids :) Just because it seems that's the popular thing to add to resorts now :rolleyes:
pelican_plunge_perspective_1_with_t.jpg
That would go really well in the kids pool area on the yacht club side! I like it!:D

MonorailRed

Applebees
Original Poster
Anyone else have any other DVC dream locations?

DVC dream locations?:rolleyes:

Wouldn't happen but...Expanding the Living Seas with a few new tanks and have Villas surround them would be amazing.

hotel-room.jpg

Discovery Island would be interesting for Treehouse villas... I'd make them look more Adventureland-y though.

Treehouse-Villas-interior-rendering.jpg

Another out of the box idea would actually be to build villas on the second floor of the new shops coming to Disney Springs:cool:... I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to get Starbucks before they head to one of the parks, or have Wolfgang Puck's and Rainforest as their resort's food option :hilarious:

spacemt354

Chili's
DVC dream locations?:rolleyes:

Wouldn't happen but...Expanding the Living Seas with a few new tanks and have Villas surround them would be amazing.

hotel-room.jpg
*cough* Sole Imagineer challenge *cough*:p:D

Discovery Island would be interesting for Treehouse villas... I'd make them look more Adventureland-y though.

Treehouse-Villas-interior-rendering.jpg

Another out of the box idea would actually be to build villas on the second floor of the new shops coming to Disney Springs:cool:... I don't know anyone who wouldn't want to get Starbucks before they head to one of the parks, or have Wolfgang Puck's and Rainforest as their resort's food option :hilarious:
Ah Discovery Island - that would be sweet!

I feel like the whole Fort Wilderness area is also underused...like I'd bring back the railway, build River Country 2.0, and add DVCs there:cool:

spacemt354

Chili's
To kick off some of the DVC plans...I'm gonna start with the Yacht Club DVC that I wanted to do

BCV%20Map.jpg

Basically to do this I'm gonna move the bus stop to other side of the convention center (which is the alternate stop for the buses) and have a small overhang path, much like in the Beach Club Villas, that connects the Yacht Club Villas to the Main Resort and entrance.

It will be a smaller DVC offering in terms of rooms. But I figured we start small and work our way up to bigger DVC resorts over time. More details to come soon!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom