DVC Booked up?

scmit02

Original Poster
Just tried to book a last minute weekend for December 3, 4, 5 at WDW. Looking for a 2 bedroom and all the DVC resorts were booked...are they really that busy or do they have rooms down?

Also booked solid for the following week. Just found it odd with all the news about how slow the parks have been have been.

scmit02

Original Poster
I guess that is a problem with living so close. You get used to the last minute bookings and forget it doesn't always work.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
I guess that is a problem with living so close. You get used to the last minute bookings and forget it doesn't always work.
You ain't kidding. I neglected to reserve my room in a timely manner and now I am stuck at the Royal Plaza on Hotel Plaza Blvd. Not that it is a bad place but I would have much rather been at PORS for about $50 less per night.

mrerk

Premium Member
Just tried to book a last minute weekend for December 3, 4, 5 at WDW. Looking for a 2 bedroom and all the DVC resorts were booked...are they really that busy or do they have rooms down?

Also booked solid for the following week. Just found it odd with all the news about how slow the parks have been have been.

Parks slow doesn't necessarily mean DVC slow. The first 2 weeks of December have traditionally been busy for DVC. :xmas:

Lynne M

Timeshares, in general, work best for those who book way ahead, and DVC is no exception to that. Most DVC owners book either 7 or 11 months in advance, so the pool of villas available a month or two out is very, very, small.

Specifically, the period between Thanksgiving and Christmas is the single busiest time of year for DVC resorts. The fact that point costs are low, combined with the ability to see all the Christmas decorations and events without the Christmas week crowds, means it's super-popular. Members are camped out on the phone the minute MS opens, 11 months from their arrival date.

Meaning, the dates you're looking for were booked up, with lots of people waitlisted, in January.

luvlifeinfl

I started 2 weeks ago to get a DVC room for that weekend and when I 1st called they told me they have no availability for DVC points, but on the 5th they had a room for cash. I knew that would not work becasue for 1 I needed a whole w/end and why would I pay cash for a room that I am already paying a mortgage on.

So I went to plan B, I have a friend that is a authorized disney travel agent and she was able to get me a room at the ASMovies for a Sat& Sunday & leave on Monday.

During the process i found out that several events are going on- POP Warner, Filming of the Xmas day parade, and there are several disney forums, groups that are doing meets that weekend.

I even had a hard time getting a flight out of Wash DC for that weekend. I did though finally score the room & round trip flight for a total of $560.00

I want to mention though I called DVC and asked why it was so hard to get a room and I was told that since the point value was low and it was a holiday season that many DVC memebers are taking advantage of it and doing w/trips.

Daddio

WDWMAGIC Sponsor
The first week of December has always been very busy, running a close second to New Year's Eve.

The annual DVC member meeting always runs around the beginning of the second week and that coupled with decorations, Osborne lights, parade taping, MVMCP, Candelight Processional, leftover traditional meets from the origional Mousefest and low point values make it a very popular time for Vacation Club owners.

Oh, I forgot the Member's Merry Mixer.

David

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom