DVC Annual dues

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
The dues would have increased anyway. Disney is committed to a $15/hr minimum wage by 2021, and those people keep DVC running behind the scenes.

njdkad

After 4 months no use you moan, Try at least 10 months not being able book or enter the country ,and no news or concessions. Then being expected to pay a years fees for what ?

Last edited by a moderator:

nickys

Premium Member
Shouldn't there be a surplus from the previous year factored in to be applied to 2021?
Any rebate will be applied against the 2021 dues when they bill members in December.

As discussed on the other thread (😉), DVD have to project the estimated dues for 2021, otherwise in the event of a shortfall they have to pay Disney the difference.

This works the same as the property taxes rebate that are quite common. They estimate what they will be, then the County sets them and DVD then rebate the difference on your dues demand.

Club Cooloholic

Any rebate will be applied against the 2021 dues when they bill members in December.

As discussed on the other thread (😉), DVD have to project the estimated dues for 2021, otherwise in the event of a shortfall they have to pay Disney the difference.

This works the same as the property taxes rebate that are quite common. They estimate what they will be, then the County sets them and DVD then rebate the difference on your dues demand.
I also imagine operations costs will be higher due to COVID, my hope is rooms have longer cleaning time, and all the other measures needed.

nickys

Premium Member
The annual dues notices are now available on the website.

Although it seems that everyone is trying to log on, so you may have to wait a while.

Phonedave

After not being able to use DVC membership for 4 months - 1/3 of the year - the Annual Dues have increased by 9%. S Disney policy is curtail usage, raise dues. Disgusting increase.

Dues, by law, cover operating costs and nothing else. There is no profit to DVC from dues.

Dues could double, and DVC would not see a single cent of profit from them.

You can claim the poor management by DVC operation resulted in excessive operating costs, but there is no cash grab going on.

TheGuyThatMakesSwords

We were surprised today... our 300 Point dues, BRV, 2021? Went DOWN. No complaint.... these came in about $300 lower, than my 5% projection.

Now, as you got an email from DVC, saying "your bill is ready"? Ignore it for now. DVC site dead again :). I had to POUND it with PINGs, sign in 15 times, and generally beat it up to see, and PHOTO CAP, my bill :).

Some corporations just don't want to be paid :).

Chip Chipperson

Has anyone had issues paying their dues with a gift card? We combined 2 $500 gift cards to apply to our dues and verified the balance through both the Disney gift card website and the phone number on the back of the card, but the DVC site keeps saying that the payment was not accepted and to try another form of payment. I made sure that the amount being applied to the contracts was exactly $1,000 and had my wife verify that I entered the card # correctly, so I'm wondering if it's an issue that anyone else is experiencing right now. I plan on trying again in the morning and will call the member accounting line if it still won't accept the payment.

Club Cooloholic

Has anyone had issues paying their dues with a gift card? We combined 2 $500 gift cards to apply to our dues and verified the balance through both the Disney gift card website and the phone number on the back of the card, but the DVC site keeps saying that the payment was not accepted and to try another form of payment. I made sure that the amount being applied to the contracts was exactly $1,000 and had my wife verify that I entered the card # correctly, so I'm wondering if it's an issue that anyone else is experiencing right now. I plan on trying again in the morning and will call the member accounting line if it still won't accept the payment.
Please keep me posted. Have done this method in the past, and was debating ordering them from BJs again.

nickys

Premium Member
Just a reminder that the gift card site is closing on Jan 19th. Your balances will not be carried forward. You need to have the balances stored on a card for which you have a code to re-enter onto the new site.

Chip Chipperson

Gift card payment still isn't working. I tired calling Member Services but I get a busy signal, so I don't even have the option of waiting on hold to make my payment. When I tried to log into my account earlier, I just got an error saying the request timed out, but i was eventually able to get in when I tried again later. They haven't posted any sort of message on the website saying that phone lines are down, so either they are having all sorts of technical issues or the phone lines are slammed with people who can't process their payments online. Or maybe they really just don't want my money. 🤪

Chip Chipperson

After nearly an hour on hold, I was finally able to get my payment processed. The Cast Member who assisted me was able to process my payment in about a minute, but she didn't know why the payment was rejected online since I had selected "Pay by Contract" as I should have. So be aware that you may need to call Member Accounting if you pay by gift card if the payment doesn't go through for you online.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom