DVC and Free Dining

RustyBridges

Original Poster
Do you think DVC'ers will ever get free dining?

I don't see why not. It does not make sense not to allow us to receive this great offer if or when it comes out.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
No.

There is no incentive for Disney to give free dinning to current DVC members. Free dinning it offered to entice people that would not normal go to WDW will pay full price for a room and buy MYW tickets. While Disney might give away dinning they get a substantial return from the room, tickets souvenirs etc.

The only way I could see free dinning coming to the DVC is as an incentive to buy in.

cptwife80

If they came out with it for us DVC members I would love it. I can drop 500 on a meal easily and thats just with my husband. We have expensive tastes. :ROFLOL:

Lynne M

Do you think DVC'ers will ever get free dining?

I don't see why not. It does not make sense not to allow us to receive this great offer if or when it comes out.

Why would they give it to us? They have absolutely no incentive to give us potentially hundreds of dollars in free food. They already know we're coming, since we've paid in advance for our lodging for the next several decades.

These sorts of promotions are aimed at the people who AREN'T planning a visit. The free dining is bait, to get folks to pay full price for a resort room, and park tickets.

RustyBridges

Original Poster
Hey, just throw us a friggin bone here. I know the DVC'ers are committed, but it would be nice. Maybe if we all rally together we can fight our way to free dining. Send emails, drop leaflets, and make mass phone calls.

Lynne M

It won't happen. Companies don't give away that kind of money just to 'be nice'. There's gotta be some kind of return for Disney for them to offer that kind of a deal to guests.

slappy magoo

Hey, just throw us a friggin bone here. I know the DVC'ers are committed, but it would be nice. Maybe if we all rally together we can fight our way to free dining. Send emails, drop leaflets, and make mass phone calls.

Sorry. I'd like free dining as much as the next hombre, but it seems like the height of arrogance to try to demand something for free, especially something that was never promised to you and you did nothing to earn (which of course means that it wasn't free at all, if you somehow "earned" it).

If it puts your mind at ease, the rumor is that if/when free dining comes back, it will be a limited offer, shorter time frame, and more available to people ponying up the big bucks to stay at Deluxe Resorts. This makes sense to me. Even with the severe markup on food, I never understood how a family of four (especially if they're all eating "adult portions") staying at a Value resort with free dining equalled a definitive profit for Disney, especially if they're staying for a long trip (the longer you stay, the less you pay, you know). Unless they're dropping serious coin on souveneirs, it doesn't seem like a big moneymaker for WDW. But a family of four paying full pop for a monorail resort room, there you've got some wiggle room for profit.

So we DVCers don't get free dining. We're staying on-site for less, and we're getting annual passes for less, and those deals are ALWAYS available. We don't have to wait and hope for a narrow window in the year which might not be a convenient time to go away anyway, but we do it because the deal is so good. It only stings a bit because DVC members joined up because it seemed like such a deal, and now WDW seems to offer an annual equivalent of an incredible deal.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom