Dune

FutureCEO

Original Poster
Was supposed to come out last year but it's looks amazing. I've never seen the 1984 film - didn't know it existed before.

mf1972

the trailer looks pretty darn good. they have a good director for this, so i hope it’s better than the original. on a geek out scale…u have stars from marvel, DC, & star wars working in the same movie
9E939F40-DE07-4D1F-82FF-F5F103E24AFC.gif

i’m looking forward to seeing it

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Well how was it?

Reviews are favorable but there's also a bit of spin with the box office numbers. They're planning on a sequel so here's hoping it's greenlit. Looks like a popcorn flick. Might just go see this one in theaters.

networkpro

In the Parks
Yes
IMHO, it's technically and visually better, but portrays less of the story in a longer format. The 1984 version just was plain weird for weirdness' sake. 1984 was a glittery over-costumed wreck with things done not to advance the story, but purely for shock value. If you've read the series by Frank Herbert and the prequels based on his manuscripts but fleshed out by his some Brian you find out exactly why technology went in strange directions.

If you have HBO Max it is streaming on there for free right now. I watched it with my mom and dad the other day and yeah I found at times I was a bit confused at what was going on. It was visually pretty stunning though. The ending at least to me gave me the impression that there was more to come. I don't know though because the whole thing was pretty weird and left me kind of confused. I am only 15 years old so maybe that had a bit to do with it. I do like Timothee Chalamet and Zendaya so I enjoyed that.

mf1972

we finally got around to watching it last night. but if a slow start, but we liked it. an improvement over the 80’s version.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom