Dumbo: Upcoming 2019 by Tim Burton

mickhyperion

Tim Burton just doesn't have a very good track record with remakes, in my opinion... the Alice movies, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Dark Shadows, Planet of the Apes, etc. I've been a fan of some of his other work though, like Nightmare Before Christmas, the Batman movies, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and especially his cartoon short Vincent. I just don't trust him to do something as simple and tender as Dumbo without going way over the top and missing the point entirely. He's great with spectacle, but not at remaining true to the source material.

BuddyThomas

Tim Burton just doesn't have a very good track record with remakes, in my opinion... the Alice movies, Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, Dark Shadows, Planet of the Apes, etc. I've been a fan of some of his other work though, like Nightmare Before Christmas, the Batman movies, Beetlejuice, Edward Scissorhands, Pee Wee's Big Adventure, and especially his cartoon short Vincent. I just don't trust him to do something as simple and tender as Dumbo without going way over the top and missing the point entirely. He's great with spectacle, but not at remaining true to the source material.
Dark Shadows and his misguided Planet of the Apes were low points in his career, for sure, but when he gets it right, he gets it VERY right. I think he did a great job with Sweeney Todd, for example.. I am hoping that this Dumbo adaptation is going to be great.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom