Dumbest Thing You've Heard a Guest Say: Florida Edition

ColinP29

pardon, but this made me wonder how so many small children see sse as a golf ball (they do), clearly being too young to have ever played golf (parents?)
... then i realized that one thing that sux about adulthood for many of us is that, unlike childhood, we lose connection to the general ball scene - for example, i haven't seen a kickball or a tetherball in years :confused:

I had my kid playing with a kids golf set as soon as he could stand. You get miniature plastic golf sets for kids from young ages that you can play with in the house. Not to mention the amount of mini golf courses around I-Drive alone. Kid's don't need to have walked the 16th at Augusta to know what a golf ball looks like

LUVofDIS

Okay, I am entering dangerous territory here. If my wife reads this I may disappear from this world and not because I am a magician, I am not. In December of 2013 we were walking in adventure land looking to sit somewhere with a Dole Whip (our first ones ever). As we were walking I spied a shirt with the question, if I remember right, 5/4 of people have trouble with fractions. Now when we are in a store and my wife sees a sign with 25%, 30% etc, she can tell you the sale price in .29 seconds, yes there is a point before the two.

So I make the mistake and laugh and ask her what 5/4 equals, expecting a quick 1 1/4. No, I get, "well everyone knows that it is 3/4's". I stopped and told here she needed to think that statement out a little longer. For the rest of my Dole Whip (I didn't care for it and this conversation may be why) we argued over what the answer was. We both insulted the colleges we went to and made fun of each other, that is until I whipped out the SMART phone and proved it to her. I don't know, she scares me sometimes.

Of course when it comes to speling and punkaction I probably scare her, you would think English is my third language.

CoreNovawarAMM

Okay, I am entering dangerous territory here. If my wife reads this I may disappear from this world and not because I am a magician, I am not. In December of 2013 we were walking in adventure land looking to sit somewhere with a Dole Whip (our first ones ever). As we were walking I spied a shirt with the question, if I remember right, 5/4 of people have trouble with fractions. Now when we are in a store and my wife sees a sign with 25%, 30% etc, she can tell you the sale price in .29 seconds, yes there is a point before the two.

So I make the mistake and laugh and ask her what 5/4 equals, expecting a quick 1 1/4. No, I get, "well everyone knows that it is 3/4's". I stopped and told here she needed to think that statement out a little longer. For the rest of my Dole Whip (I didn't care for it and this conversation may be why) we argued over what the answer was. We both insulted the colleges we went to and made fun of each other, that is until I whipped out the SMART phone and proved it to her. I don't know, she scares me sometimes.

Of course when it comes to speling and punkaction I probably scare her, you would think English is my third language.

Have either you or your wife read The Phantom Tollbooth? It’s full of fractions and decimals...😄

LUVofDIS

Have either you or your wife read The Phantom Tollbooth? It’s full of fractions and decimals...😄

No, I have never even heard of it. Just did a quick search and I will have to look more into tomorrow. This is the second thing I needed to do a search for tonight because of this forum, the other was a Webby Doll, never heard of it. Hmmm.

jaklgreen

I spend a lot of time walking around world showcase during my visits and always hear people saying the name of the wrong country. Japan is always China for some reason and Mexico is Egypt(you know cuz of the pyramid LOL). Even easy ones like Germany people mess up. Really would it hurt a person to watch the discovery channel every once in a while and learn about the rest of the planet. A pet peeve of mine is people calling Apes( orangutan, gorillas, gibbons,) monkeys. The adults will say to the kids, "look at the monkeys". Monkeys have tails, no tail then it is an Ape.

CoreNovawarAMM

No, I have never even heard of it. Just did a quick search and I will have to look more into tomorrow. This is the second thing I needed to do a search for tonight because of this forum, the other was a Webby Doll, never heard of it. Hmmm.
Never heard of a Webby doll, myself...

KeithVH

I was talking to my niece in line for the boats between epcot and MGM, and the cast member was like "where? MGM isn't around anymore" or something of that sort. butt out dude, it's still MGM to me b/c it's so much easier for me to say...

Like +1 Gazillion

Tom P.

I mean, yeah, it was in bad taste, but that doesn't matter. When it comes to our rights as citizens, what some corporate policy dictates is irrelevant. Disney can't evict someone from their parks simply because they're homeless.
Sure they can. Your rights as a citizen don't include visiting Walt Disney World. As long as Disney is not discriminating against someone because of a legally protected characteristic (e.g. race, sex, etc.), they can admit or not admit whomever they want for whatever reason.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom