dumb question of the day.. please don't rip me...

bjlc57

Original Poster
Okay if I would buy an annual pass at WDW can I use this pass at Disneyland?

its just something that my wife asked me the other day.. Don't jump all over me, just a constructive answer please...

thanks bjlc

brkgnews

Unfortunately, they are not good in Anaheim. You're not far out of line thinking this way -- Six Flags season passes are good at any Six Flags park. But for the purposes of visiting the mouse, it's home court advantage all the way.

Having said that; an annual pass at Disneyland is cheaper than a WDW pass, but it only lets you into two parks (or one and a half, depending on how you view Cali Adventure :p )

JimboJones123

DL pass gets you NOTHING at WDW and vice versa. There are no discounts at shops, tix, reservations -- NOTHING. They operate seperate from eachother and disney wants to get every possible dime from you when ever you travel to the other side of the country too! If they did offer discounts, of any type, I'd become a season ticket holder instantly. I would love a trip to each side per year, but two to the same place in a year, is a bit much. Besides they have different seasons for each that I like. But as soon as they bend over backwards for me -- I'll snag up those APs. Oh well, a guy can dream -- maybe that will be my "dream come true"?

Nemo14

It's not a stupid question by the way - I wondered the same thing myself when we were planning a DL trip. CM's get perks at both parks, but AP holders do not.

DisneyMissy

Since we are on the subject of AP's (sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread) I am going to go to WDW next year twice, each time for about 7 days or so. Would it pay me to get the AP? I have been thinking about it and I know you get some perks with it.

Thanks for your help.

shoppingnut

DisneyMissy said:
Since we are on the subject of AP's (sorry I don't mean to hijack the thread) I am going to go to WDW next year twice, each time for about 7 days or so. Would it pay me to get the AP? I have been thinking about it and I know you get some perks with it.

Thanks for your help.

Yes, I think it would be worthwhile. Here's a website that discusses that issue in detail http://www.allearsnet.com/pl/breakeven.php but I think for 14 days it's worth it because if they come out with AP room discounts you might even consider another trip in between these two.

Kadee

nickatine1986 said:
Do you have to be a resident of Florida to purchase an Annual Pass?

No, anyone can get one, but FL residents get a discount. I live 30 minutes across the FL line in Alabama.......Why couldn't my family have just been a little farther EAST????:(

Mecha Figment

yep cast members can get into the Land, World, and Paris for free. I'mnot sure about Hong Kong but i think we do. We do not get in free to Tokyo since it is independantly run.

DisneyJill

DisneyMissy said:

Thanks for your help.

Definitely, especially with trips of that length. AP's pay for themselves if you go twice for about 4 days each (give or take...) plus they offer lots of great discounts. But keep in mind you can't do the dining plan with an AP if you were planning on it. :wave:

On a side note-at one point, were AP's good for both WDW and DL? I was thinking a while ago (like...10 years) they were. But maybe I dreamed it. :p

Since1976

While we're on "dumb questions" (I had actually wondered about APs too), do cast members also get discounts on lodging in addition to free park admission? I'd like to know because it might be worth my while to get to know some CMs :)

scottnj1966

bjlc57 said:
Okay if I would buy an annual pass at WDW can I use this pass at Disneyland?

its just something that my wife asked me the other day.. Don't jump all over me, just a constructive answer please...

thanks bjlc

Nope. and no discounts for Florida Residents either hahaha.
Went there for part of our honeymoon.

Disneyland is so different. In many many ways

DisneyJill

Since1976 said:
While we're on "dumb questions" (I had actually wondered about APs too), do cast members also get discounts on lodging in addition to free park admission? I'd like to know because it might be worth my while to get to know some CMs :)

Yes, based on availability. It's sort of like AP rates...they set aside so many CM rate rooms and once they sell out, they are gone. Usually 40-50% off, depending on the resort and season.

3fordisney

We are planning 2 trips fairly close with one this fall and one in the spring. We usually only go once a year, but we are doing a family trip next April. Has anyone used the 10 day/ph/no exp? We are considering getting that for all 3 us instead of an ap.

Sorry to get a little off subject but thought while someone asked about ap I'd ask. We were considering ap for all of us, 2 adult and 1 child, but can't really decide. It cost a lil more to do ap vs the 10 day but didn't really know all the perks aside from possible discounted rooms. Any thoughts would be great!

Nansafan

You can purchase an AP or a PAP. Both allow park hopping but the PAP also allows unlimited access to DQ, the Water Parks and PI. We purchase PAP's and live in Chicago. If you time your trips right, say August 2006 (8 days), July 2007 (8 days), and if you sneak in a 4 day trip at Christmas time, the PAP is awesome. The discounts on hotel rooms (when offered), shopping, the ability to purchase the dining card all are bonuses.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom