Dueling Dragons closed

MKCP 1985

The powers that be might as well close the whole park. :lol: Seriously, they couldn't have done this during the slow times in October or January? :brick:

htx

MKCP 1985 said:
The powers that be might as well close the whole park. :lol: Seriously, they couldn't have done this during the slow times in October or January? :brick:

Well I can see why they wouldn't do it October because HHN brings in a lot of money and they want as many rides as they can going. It could of made more sense to do in towards at the end og August and finish in sept.

JROK

htx said:
Well I can see why they wouldn't do it October because HHN brings in a lot of money and they want as many rides as they can going. It could of made more sense to do in towards at the end og August and finish in sept.

But it needs to be repainted for the summer season... now that Spring break is over it's fine to go ahead and do it... I'm sure they're going to try and get it repainted by the opening of the Seuss Trolley... They couldn't have done it early because their crew was busy working on Dudley which took forever!

I had heard that a large paint chip came off and hit a guest. the guest came off the ride and was bleeding pretty bad so that was the straw the broke the camals back.

Michael72688

I know they are also redoing part of the queue line for express pass plus and baby swap. Hopefully they will spruce up the inside of the queue too. But I dont think its bad closing it now, just as long as it is reopen by the busy summer season they should be good

crazydaveh

Yes, people I know who work DD say it will be running for Grad Bash, and Grad Bash only.

Guess this means the line for HULK will be extra long!

coasterphil

I wonder if there is a way for me to sneak into Grad Bash. When I thought that DD was going to be down for my trip I was ok with it. But knowing that it'll be running just hours after I leave the park at night is harder to deal with.

Michael72688

Sure sneak your way in, if you want the possiblility of arrest or expelled from the park. I bet one of the reasons Universal is opening DD for Grad Bash is because it has said for almost a year that it was going to be one of the rides open for Grad Bash. Very similar to what is going on with Grad Nite at Disneyland and the RockIt Mountain thing, the average day guest will probably never see it now, but because they advertised for Grad Nite they will be doing it.

MagliteL13

bayoutinkbelle said:
Oh man! Assuming they keep to their schedule, I'll have a few days to ride it on my trip. *fingers crossed* :)

"I'm sorry Dueling Dragons is currently closed. Might I suggest the Flying Unicorn instead?"

Painting. I heard it's gonna be a little darker than it is now. I also heard about the queue line--adding express into the normal line, rather than the 'let's shove em through the exit' approach. The third thing I heard about is a few audio effects at the station itself.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom