Dude! Dell SUCKS!!!!

DisJosh

Original Poster
Well some of you know my PC basically fried. Well the repair guy couldn't fix it....so Dell is replacing our entire PC for free. That was a week ago today. My mom called them on Wednsday to see how long it would be before it shipped. The person told her it was all built and would be sent out in three days. Meaning it should have been here today.

My mom calls again today and now they tell her they have t find the parts and build the computer. And estimated it would take two more weeks!!!

This is rediculous. They basically lied to us...their customer service is plain horrible. My mom is writing them a nice little letter but I was pretty sure you could report things like this to some sort of consumer info place. Anyone know what I'm talking about?:mad:

Maria

Josh, you are getting a brand new computer for FREE! (and you know there was a low chance of getting it), so consider yourself lucky and just wait the two weeks! :animwink:

DisJosh

Original Poster
Brand new with the same exact hardware as our outdated original.

Point is they lied....you don't lie to your customers.

I'm far from happy about any of this.

We paid for our extended waranty so I would expect that they replace it if something like this happens. I wouldn't be angry if they told us in the begining that it would take two weeks or three actually. But they didn't....

Maria

Oh, I understood the lieing thing.... but I give them the benefit of the doubt. They always mess up with giving exact dates! :animwink: Happens even in the best families! lol

CDS Disney

I don't think they lied at all. You have two organizations working Sally from CS isn't putting your computer together. I work for a toy company and 90% of the time we tell a customer that well be getting something the want in that week. We say that because the company tells us that it’s "in the mail". But it doesn’t always happen that way. In most cases it the right side not knowing what the left side is doing. Dell wants and needs you business so they’ll give you an estimation what would you do if that CS rep. Said i have know idea when the hell its coming in.

tenchu

The moral of the story is...

Don't put anything in backwards and you won't have to wait 3 weeks for your computer! :lol:

prberk

I'd be careful about calling them liars, when you weren't exactly forthcoming with the truth (putting something in backwards) yourself, as I understood you to say earlier!!!

Be patient. You are getting a replacement for free. But most of all, recognize how you sound! :animwink:

One more thing... shipping this month (in time for Christmas) is crazy. Like driving through a snowstorm and saying, "well the sign says 55 miles per hour... I should be there (50 miles) in an hour!" Not likely!

DisJosh

Original Poster
Don't care...it's a lie.

We were told it was sitting and ready to be shipped. If we were given only a time estimate and then they changed that estimate it would be a whole other story.

Another thing that gets me is on the very first call to ask how long it would be before it was shipped they said "we don't like our customers to wait around without their computers...it should be their in 3-5 days." :rolleyes:

I don't care if I hit the damn thing with a hammer....that's why we paid for the extended waranty. They need to hold up their part of the bargain...even if the customer isn't totally honest. ;)

I shouldn't throw around the word free either....the waranty was far from cheap.

You shouldn't act like you're all so understanding of Dell and their lame customer service. If you depended on your computer as I do for so many things you would be just as upset. I'm lucky I live at home and have some access to my moms lap top.

And I really don't care if I sound whiney....to some of you your PC is a means for entertainment. I use my computer on a daily basis for research, referance, assignments etc...the list goes on.

Testtrack321

No, really, their switching in droves and I'm one of them, I know others. Very nice machines and good service. I'd recomend you think about it atleast.

Invero

I bought a Gateway about 2yrs ago... it would be our 5th since '92... this past Feb, my 40gig hard drive decided to crash. *shrug* I called Gateway on a Tuesday afternoon. Thursday morning, I recieved a brand new 80gig hard drive. Gotta love that kind of service.

orlandoparks

Well, it's going to take a little longer to make a pc. Plus things get mixed up, go wrong, etc. No one's perfect. There getting it to you. Give them a break. I can understand you being upset. And as far as ther service, I had a DVD drive mess up on my computer and the next day it was at my house.:) So anyways, give them a chance.

Main Street USA

Originally posted by Fantasia Boi
I bought a Gateway about 2yrs ago... it would be our 5th since '92... this past Feb, my 40gig hard drive decided to crash. *shrug* I called Gateway on a Tuesday afternoon. Thursday morning, I recieved a brand new 80gig hard drive. Gotta love that kind of service.

My laptop is a Gateway, and it's true, they've always had great customer service. Unfortunately, I have to use it a lot

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom