DTD Hilton Resort to Become An Offical WDW Resort

PolyneisanAlex

Original Poster
The Hilton at Downtown disney has given extra privleges then the other hotels on the Blv Character Dinning Extra Magic hours

No major changes just
Magical Express
Key to the World Cards
Disney Buses
Dining Plan
And Name Changed for hilton Disney's Downtown Hilton instead Of Hilton Orlando

I'm extremely skeptical of this. It's possible that Disney and Hilton are creating a stronger relationship and adding Magical Express and other Disney transportation (since they already offer Extra Magic Hours), but I don't see it as happening since Disney would obviously be getting a significantly smaller cut per guest who stays at a Hilton resort.

Also, Disney's Hilton Head Island Resort is called that because it's the actual name of the island, not because it's affiliated in any way with Hilton hotels.

PolyneisanAlex

Original Poster
Wow i am looking at the Disneyworld's Hilton Disney Is cheating you with the value and moderate resorts i mean think about it The Hilton has EMH, Bus Service, Disney Gift Shops, Bigger rooms, interior halls, Nicer Eating Places, Bigger pools, Character Breakfast Close to Downtown Disney unless you Desperatly need Magical Express and Dining plan and Towel animals WOW just wow

NOTE this is not talking about deluxe Disney Resorts

disney4life2008

Wow i am looking at the Disneyworld's Hilton Disney Is cheating you with the value and moderate resorts i mean think about it The Hilton has EMH, Bus Service, Disney Gift Shops, Bigger rooms, interior halls, Nicer Eating Places, Bigger pools, Character Breakfast Close to Downtown Disney unless you Desperatly need Magical Express and Dining plan and Towel animals WOW just wow

NOTE this is not talking about deluxe Disney Resorts

LOL I agree and I also like the Downtown Disney location.

PolyneisanAlex

Original Poster
LOL I agree and I also like the Downtown Disney location.

Well i guess people enjoy motels and walking 15 mins from there room to get to the main building and swimming in pools with no slides and having a small cramped room with uncomfy beds and no door between the bathroom/sink area and bed :hurl: What a lovely vacation

PEOPLE wake up its just a place to sleep it doesnt need to be in disney wait I stand corrected the Downtown Disney hotels are in disney go figure

A Value Resort is like sleeping in WDW space mountain and Tower of Terror
A Value Downtown Disney is like sleeping in Disneyland's Space Mountain and the Castle

Dont get me wrong i always stay at the Polynesian Disney Deluxe Are awesome and worth the money

mickeysaver

The Hilton at Downtown disney has given extra privleges then the other hotels on the Blv Character Dinning Extra Magic hours

No major changes just
Magical Express
Key to the World Cards
Disney Buses
Dining Plan

:sohappy: OMG, this would be perfect! We are staying there free on Hilton points later this year for our anniversary. If we had the options of Disney buses & KTTW cards that would be HUGE. I really hope this rumor is true.

wolf359

Interesting.

But yeah, I agree I'd like to see a source on this rumor, but if true it could be interesting news. I've already wondered what kinds of kickbacks Hilton must offer Disney to be able to offer EMH and the couple of other little perks the Hilton has over the rest of the Hotel Plaza hotels, but if Hilton gets these additional upgrades it makes me think they've made Disney some kind of deal they couldn't refuse.

Oh, and Polyneisan(sic)Alex... Could you try using at least a little punctuation in your posts? It's surprising how much harder it is to read your posts when they're missing something as simple as the period.

:)

Chroniq

Magical Express
Key to the World Cards
Disney Buses
Dining Plan

For Disney to offer Hilton guests "Key to the World" cards, they would have to be directly billed through Disney's financial arm. This undertaking in itself almost seems unfathomable because every single independently owned hotel "on property" is unable to do this. It would also cause numerous billing issues with Hiltons frequent guest stay program.

To offer Disney Buses or the Dining Plan, Disney would need to have an ownership or major stake in that particular hotel. Those are essentially subsidized from the nightly charges.

The Swan and Dolphin exist because of Eisner had previously made a deal with an outside company to provide onsite lodging of its new hotels. Eisner changed his mind at the last minute and as the result of arbitration and compromise those two hotels were built. They don't offer Keys to the World, Dining Plan, or Disney Buses. Nor does Shades of Green.

I'm going to say that unless Hilton outright sold Disney the hotel, there is absolutely no way this is true.

Rob562

The Swan and Dolphin exist because of Eisner had previously made a deal with an outside company to provide onsite lodging of its new hotels. Eisner changed his mind at the last minute and as the result of arbitration and compromise those two hotels were built. They don't offer Keys to the World, Dining Plan, or Disney Buses. Nor does Shades of Green.

Actually, the Swan & Dolphin do offer Disney Transportation buses and watercraft. But that's it. No Magical Express or anything else.

-Rob

Chroniq

Of course I should have remembered about the watercraft as we always stay at the Epcot Resorts, and they make a stop there and they also share buses with those resorts too.. Thanks for the correction...

epcotfan

Well i guess people enjoy motels and walking 15 mins from there room to get to the main building and swimming in pools with no slides and having a small cramped room with uncomfy beds and no door between the bathroom/sink area and bed :hurl: What a lovely vacation

Actually I've stayed in all categories of Disney hotels at WDW and Disneyland and I gotta say the All Star Music and Coronado Springs has much comfier beds than those at the Beach Club and Animal Kingdom Lodge. Those were like rocks.
Just thought I'd add my two cents :p

flscooman

Wonder if it has anything to do with the new 1000 room Hilton going in next to the Waldorf-Astoria in the Bonnet Creek Resort area. Maybe
Hilton was going to leave DD and this is a way Disney is enticing them to stay.

dave2822

Actually, the Swan & Dolphin do offer Disney Transportation buses and watercraft. But that's it. No Magical Express or anything else.

-Rob

And Extra Magic Hours as well.

This seems like a strange business move. Why would Disney all of a sudden offer their hotel perks to another hotel w/o any difference in rent fees or profit margin? I mean unless Disney and Hilton changed those terms and Disney will get a cut of their profits for exchange of these perks.

But if nothing has changed, it makes NO sense for them to provide the Hilton with these added benefits if Hilton is giving nothing back in return.

I guess I am saying I still need to find more information to believe this is happening.

devoy1701

And Extra Magic Hours as well.

This seems like a strange business move. Why would Disney all of a sudden offer their hotel perks to another hotel w/o any difference in rent fees or profit margin? I mean unless Disney and Hilton changed those terms and Disney will get a cut of their profits for exchange of these perks.

But if nothing has changed, it makes NO sense for them to provide the Hilton with these added benefits if Hilton is giving nothing back in return.

I guess I am saying I still need to find more information to believe this is happening.

Back in the 90s all of the DTD hotels used be involved in the 90s version of EMH...they also all used to receive Disney Transportation.

Though I have found it odd that Hilton is currently the only DTD resort that gets Disney Resort perks.

wolf359

I don't recall Hotel Plaza hotels ever using Disney transportation, I thought they always used their own bus fleet.

However, I do remember a time when both the Hilton and the Buena Vista Palace had access to EMH and maybe a couple other minor perks. But those extra perks were discontinued several years ago, so obviously whenever the Buena Vista Palace changed ownership the new owners chose not to continue whatever kind of deal previously in place.

Which tells me almost certainly that for Disney to offer those perks the hotel must be willing to hand over piles of cash to Disney. I can't see how Hilton could pay Disney even more for those additional amenities, keep their rates competitive, and still expect to make enough money on reservations to make the deal worth it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom