DTD boat

ChubbyK

Original Poster
I know there is a boat the leaves DTD and goes to POR...just wondering if that is the olny place that it goes to....never been on it and planning doing it this upcoming trip

Tom

Beta Return
I know there is a boat the leaves DTD and goes to POR...just wondering if that is the olny place that it goes to....never been on it and planning doing it this upcoming trip

I think the boat from Riverside is dedicated, and just runs from Riverside/French Quarter to DTD and back. There are others that run to Saratoga and the Treehouses (if they still do those).

We'll know for sure in 2 weeks, because we'll be taking the one from POR to DTD and back.

copcarguyp71

FYI...they get ridiculously crowded heading back to the resorts starting around 9:00 in the evening. We found the bus was an easier return than waiting for the second or third boat to come around and load up. It is a nice ride though.

Tom

Beta Return
FYI...they get ridiculously crowded heading back to the resorts starting around 9:00 in the evening. We found the bus was an easier return than waiting for the second or third boat to come around and load up. It is a nice ride though.

It is a very pleasant ride - quite scenic.

R W B

I thought they stopped running the boats from POR/FQ to DTD when they started changing it to Disney Springs or was that just a temporary thing or am I wrong all together?

I think the boat from Riverside is dedicated, and just runs from Riverside/French Quarter to DTD and back. There are others that run to Saratoga and the Treehouses (if they still do those).

We'll know for sure in 2 weeks, because we'll be taking the one from POR to DTD and back.
That's not fair! I believe we were both at the Poly back in March at the same time and now you're going again?? Haha

(With my fiancé's and I schedule we usually don't even plan a trip until we're only 3-4 weeks out so I really have no idea when we'll be back lol)

minsmk

Actually, there are five/six boats and two stations. The station close to Raglan Road and Paradiso is POR,FQ, and a boat to the west side station. The other station that is close to House of Blues (It's right behind it.) and La nouba, go back to the POR/FQ station, Saratoga, and Old Key West (Stayed at Key west last trip and took the boat back.).

I'm sad they got rid of the station near Rainforest. Now if you are staying at POR/FQ/SS/OKW you have to walk all the way back..

graphite1326

We have used the boat a few times. We love staying at FQ. Yes, the boat is only for FQ & RS. One driver/Captain asked all the passengers where they were going and dropped us off accordingly up and down DTD. One couple had a dinner Reservation somewhere on the opposite end of where the boat normally docks at DTD and took them all the way up so they wouldn't have to walk.

minsmk

Actually, there are five/six boats and two stations. The station close to Raglan Road and Paradiso is POR,FQ, and a boat to the west side station. The other station that is close to House of Blues (It's right behind it.) and La nouba, go back to the POR/FQ station, Saratoga, and Old Key West (Stayed at Key west last trip and took the boat back.).

I'm sad they got rid of the station near Rainforest. Now if you are staying at POR/FQ/SS/OKW you have to walk all the way back..

We have used the boat a few times. We love staying at FQ. Yes, the boat is only for FQ & RS. One driver/Captain asked all the passengers where they were going and dropped us off accordingly up and down DTD. One couple had a dinner Reservation somewhere on the opposite end of where the boat normally docks at DTD and took them all the way up so they wouldn't have to walk.

Actually (I am not sure when you went last time.) But there is one dock for RS/FQ and a boat to the other dtd area hotel dock. And there is another dock that has SS/OKW and a boat to the Port Orleans dock.

JIMINYCR

Its a very calm ride down river, gives you a good look at the treehouse villas. Weve had wonderful pilots that point out the various birds and wildlife and points of interest along the route. Get to hear some interesting stories while floating along the river. Sometimes there can be quite a line waiting at the docks to board so get there early. I've never had a bad ride.

graphite1326

Actually (I am not sure when you went last time.) But there is one dock for RS/FQ and a boat to the other dtd area hotel dock. And there is another dock that has SS/OKW and a boat to the Port Orleans dock.
Let me clear this up. The driver/Capt. didn't go to the designated dock at DTD. He took it upon himself to drop people off closer to where they wanted to be. AND then went to the correct dock for the Port Orleans boat. Let's not get so anominical.

minsmk

Let me clear this up. The driver/Capt. didn't go to the designated dock at DTD. He took it upon himself to drop people off closer to where they wanted to be. AND then went to the correct dock for the Port Orleans boat. Let's not get so anominical.

Well I guess it's when I went. What I was saying was there are two docks on the westside/PI side. One is near Paradiso and it goes to FQ/RS and there is another spot on the dock to go to the "Westside" dock.

Then, on the other dock which is near House of blues, there is a dock to take you to the Paradiso/"Market Place" dock and then boats that go to SS/OKW.

Here is something I found from a reliable sorce.

"Old Key West and Saratoga Springs have hourly boat service to the Disney Marketplacestarting at 11:00am thru 4:00pm. Beginning at 4:00pm, a second boat is added and service runs every 30 minutes. The last boat leaves Old Key West at 11:00pm and from Downtown Disney at 11:30pm. NOTE: Bus service to Downtown Disney is in continuous operation from these resorts.

Port Orleans French Quarter and Riverside use the Sassagoula River Cruise as a means of transportation to the Disney Marketplace."

Now it doesn't mention anything about the other boat, but I was there June 14th this year and they were running another boat on both docks.

Tom

Beta Return
I thought they stopped running the boats from POR/FQ to DTD when they started changing it to Disney Springs or was that just a temporary thing or am I wrong all together?

That's not fair! I believe we were both at the Poly back in March at the same time and now you're going again?? Haha

(With my fiancé's and I schedule we usually don't even plan a trip until we're only 3-4 weeks out so I really have no idea when we'll be back lol)

Haha! We were at the GF Villas for a few nights the first week in March, then Wilderness Villas for a couple nights. That was supposed to be our last trip for a while, but since the Grand Floridian Villas have extra magical powers, we decided to throw together a quick trip this August before we become a party of 3 in November and trips change forever ;)

R W B

Haha! We were at the GF Villas for a few nights the first week in March, then Wilderness Villas for a couple nights. That was supposed to be our last trip for a while, but since the Grand Floridian Villas have extra magical powers, we decided to throw together a quick trip this August before we become a party of 3 in November and trips change forever ;)
Ahh, I had the right time but wrong resort lol. Yes I understand about getting one last trip in because like you said, they will change forever. Congrats on the addition though

Phonedave

The closing of that dock (by Rainforest) is not supposed to be permanent (at least according to the captain when we were there in June). The set up used to be different resort boats all went to different docks, and then there was a boat the went between the docks.

The Saratoga boat makes two stops at Saratoga, the dock behind the Turf Club Grill and then the dock at the Treehouses.

-dave

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom