Driving To Florida?

worfbb77

Hi Everyone,

I am looking at going to Walt Disney World in May with wife and little one he will be two years old when we go. I am planing to drive from Boston, Ma area down. Has anyone done this or can give good tips on such a drive? I would greatly appriciated. Have a good one.

hrmom26

i live in the boston area and have always wondered about driving are you really going to save money? between the cost of gas and a hotel for one night plus stopping for food bla bla bla do you really save $$ for any one who has made the trip about how much $$ did it cost you? thanks

Upvote 0

JustPlainBill

I'll be driving down to WDW from the northwest suburban area of Chicago in mid-June '07 with my wife and two daughters ages 7 & 9. The route I'll take will bring me through Chicago, Indianapolis, Nashville, Chattanooga and Atlanta. The last time I drove down was 16 years ago, back then it was a nice drive. This time will be the first with my kids. I just bought a new Chrysler Town and Country mini-van with DVD player installed. On shorter trips 6 hours or less I've found that this keeps the kids quite occupied, sometimes I have to look over my shoulder to make sure they're still there. I've found it best to have them use the headphones so you can talk to your spouse or listen to the CD/radio without much distraction from the backseat. I plan to only drive about 8-9 hours a day, making my first overnight stop in Nashville and my second stop in Lake City FL. I'll arrive at the Yacht Club resort on the morning of the third day. I know I could get there sooner by driving longer but I've found it best not to push too hard. I plan on making frequent short stops along the way, The trip down I consider part of the vacation.

Upvote 0

csaguy

driving

When our kids were little, all of the trips were at night. This way they slept :snore: through everything and we didn't have to stop every couple of hours. There is also a lot less traffic, (except for trucks). Now that they are older, the DVD works.

Have a safe trip.

Upvote 0

wdwhoneymooner

If any of you are driving south on I-75 and coming through Atlanta, plan a stop at The Varsity Drive-In . Open 24/7/365.

I know my fellow Atlantians will call me a heratic, but I've never found the Varsity all that good. Been there numerous times (mostly because visitors wanted me to take them there) and never found the food beyond the "OK" stage.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom