Driving Time...Charlotte, NC to WDW??

ToDisneyAgain!

Hi,
I'm trying to find out how long the drive time is to WDW from Charlotte, NC. I know that it depends on how many stops you make, traffic issues, etc...but I'm getting answers anywhere from 8-11 hours...that's quite a difference! Mapquest is quoting me at 8.5 hours. That seems too good to be true.

Does anyone know a pretty accurate drive-time from Charlotte? I'd love to hear your answers! :) In case you need this info, we'll be leaving the afternoon of Friday, Jan. 31, 2009.

Also, we're going to spend-the-night on the way down, would like to do the majority of the driving on the 1st day. Any suggestions on where we could spend-the-night (city, hotel suggestions?).

THANKS SO MUCH!!

Steph

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I drove the other way. We left from DTD at 1130 and got to the Days Inn at Kenly around 9PM.

Don't know if that helps?

Upvote 0

DVC Mike

We typically leave very early on Saturday morning (since there is zero traffic) and it takes us about 8.5 hours from Charlotte.

DVCMikeHomes.jpg

Upvote 0

NCWDWFAN

We will be leaving a week after you do from Concord. The last 3 times we have gone, we drive about 3 hours or so after work on Friday, and stay the night in Walterboro, SC. Get up in the morning, on the road by 8:30a and with stops and lunch, we arrive by 3p to give us plenty of time for a park that evening.
I think we are planning for this next trip to get out a little earlier and drive an extra hour down to just outside of Savannah. BTW...we have 3 kids so that gives you an idea of stops. Save some fun for us!

Upvote 0

shurst

i know this isnt from your area, but we drive from Newport News, VA and it takes us roughly 12 hours. Normally we leave around 5pm and stop in Walterboro, South Carolina which is normally a 7 hour drive. from there when normally leave around 7 am and arrive in orlando by 11. hope thats a descent breakdown for you for a time line.

Upvote 0

ELopez

We live in Charlotte and go every year. Our drive time is 8.5 to 9 hours. We don't speed usually. We stop a lot, so it actually takes us quite a while.

As for stopping for the night - This year, we are going to Miami first, so we are going to spend the night in the Jacksonville, FL area at Hampton Inn. I think that is about 6.5 hours from here.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom