Drivers from Western PA/ W. VA.... play areas??

Taking a chance here.... Anyone a regular driver from this area... and drives routes 79/77/95

We'll be driving for the first time from this area. Looking to scope out indoor play areas at fast food places along the way so we can plan meal stops/runaround time with the kids. LOL

If anyone is familiar with any, exit numbers would be greatly appreciated!!!!!! THANKS A BUNCH!!!

11 days to go! YEY!!

3girlswdwdreams

Original Poster
just gonna take one more chance someone that drives this way sees this.

Or does anyone know if any travel guides would list play areas with a restaurant guide or something??

thanks!

Upvote 0

RussJT

We drove from Eastern Ohio about a year and a half ago. Didn't hit 79, but covered 77. I know we stopped at least once and hit a play area... somewhere in North Carolina, but I forget where. Sorry I can't help.

Upvote 0

2excitedkids

we are from nc so we take that same drive, keep on the look out for chik filets. i have never seen one that doesn't have a play area for the kids. when we went down this past feb., we stopped at one in georgia and let the kids play for about an hour or so, this really helped them out and us out too. there are several of these chik filets throughout nc, sc and georgia, just keep in mind they are not open on sundays!

Upvote 0

3girlswdwdreams

Original Poster
Thanks guys for the help!!

hey Divine... thanks for the good wishes from a fellow western PA'er!!

That is a great idea about chic-fil-a!! we have a couple around here with play areas.. but didn't realize that was a every location thing for them. Their play areas are perfect for my kids.. just wish they had more room for the parents. LOL But on the road I won't be complaining!!! the kids just need a place to run around for a little bit to keep us all sane and they have some healthier stuff food wise too than the rest!

we'll definitely be keeping our eye out for them! Thanks a bunch!

Upvote 0

3girlswdwdreams

Original Poster
follow up for anyone that needs to know..

there is an outdoor play area McD's on route 19 in West Virginia... but doesn't do much good this time of year. LOL

We stopped both ways at an indoor play area McD's on route 77 exit 82 in NC.

and on the way down we stopped at an outdoor one in Georgia route 95...exit 86 I believe. there was an McD's and BK both with outdoor play areas off the same exit.
Since we drove straight through the kids were THRILLED that they were able to play outside.. we were all still in long sleeves and pants and it was over 70. LOL

those are the ones we found this trip! HTH! :wave:

Upvote 0

ImSweetPea

I am from Philadelphia.... I rememebr when I was a kid we drove every summer... in Gerioga we stopped at a McDonalds and they had a great playland.... they ever allowed us to take a puppy outside in the play area

Upvote 0

echoscot

Is there a reason you are going all the way out to 95 instead of coming down 75? You could take 75 to the Florida Turnpike and that runs right through Orlando. It seems like it would be shorter....Just asking.

EDIT: My bad, I was thinking of a trip I did from Chicago....as you were...LOL

Upvote 0

mac41099

I live in Pittsburgh (Cranberry Twp) and we drive that same route to Disney. Actually just drove it in the last couple weeks as we were in Disney from Nov 29-Dec 9.

We have 2 young kids, so I should know some for you. However, I can't think of any.

I'd try in the Summersville, WV (on Rt. 19) area. They have some fast food places and you have red lights, so you can see what it there before you stop. There is a shopping center just 2 miles past the New River Gorge National Visitors Center after Summersville, too.

After that you pretty much get nothing until Wytheville, VA. Then you'll get a lot more options from there to Charlotte, NC on I-77.

Sorry I couldn't be more help. Have a great time on your trip. We sure did. :wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom