Drinking around the World @ EPCOT....any ideas/advice???

Michi4515

Hey guys,

I am planning a trip with about 17 adults to go to EPCOT and drink around the world. I would like for us to match and stand out. Does anyone have any ideas??? Its too expensive to make our own Tshirts and we are short on time. Our group is very outgoing and goofy. So far what we have thought of is just wearing plain white shirts and having "hello, my name is..." stickers with funny names on them. :ROFLOL:

any other ideas????

To the OP, have you checked out cheap t-shirt prices? We got ours for $7 each and put a Top 10 list on the back. Yours could be a top "whatever" list with all the countries and who plans to drink what. Or I love the button idea ;~) If you're really short on time, you could do the iron-on tshirts - they don't stand for more than a year after you put them through the wash, but they're fun and people love to read them while in line! Went with my family of (coincidentally) 17 in 2008 and we had a BLAST! Have fun! :wave:

Upvote 0

Steve-B

Don't waste money on t-shirts or anything like that. By the time you're a quarter of the way through, you'll stand out just fine. :dazzle:

Upvote 0

One Lil Spark

EPCOT Center Defender
On my 'Drinking Around the World Tour 2009', I saw a group of guys who were all in hats. Not normal hats, though. Crazy, wacky, insane hats. You never lost who was in their group as they drank around the WS because you could look out into the sea of people and see a Viking Helmet, Top Hat, Sombrero, etc. :lol:

Just an idea...

Upvote 0

glee

WHERES WALLY THEME! If you all own stripes. Then you can have name stickers saying not wally, not wally etc. and nominate someone to be a wally!!!:sohappy::sohappy::sohappy:

Upvote 0

SOLISIMO

Dude you just gave me an idea. Wear plane white cheap tshirts and everyone carry a sharpie. Start at Mexico, when your done have someone write Mexico on your shirt with the sharpie and check it off. Watch how funny the shirt will look towards the end:ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

rkelly42

Dont become a bother to those around you, I have seen some groups that acted like complete morons. It can be a lot of fun if you handle it right.

Upvote 0

MissM

One group I saw once had a shirt with an itinerary on the back. It was like:

1:00pm: Pint in UK
1:30pm: Wine in France
2:00pm: Saki in Japan

...etc. It was pretty funny.

The biggest thing of course is to eat, drink WATER in between, and have fun but don't ruin everyone's experience. (I've seen some nasty groups and some fun groups so it's better to be in the latter rather then the former!)

Upvote 0

TurkA77

Dude you just gave me an idea. Wear plane white cheap tshirts and everyone carry a sharpie. Start at Mexico, when your done have someone write Mexico on your shirt with the sharpie and check it off. Watch how funny the shirt will look towards the end:ROFLOL:

I was thinking the same. You can get a 5 pack of hanes white tees for $10 at Target. You can also get Iron On T-SHirt transfers at Staples for prolly another $10.. You can print out a checklist, or something along those lines on the transfer and iron it on to the T shirt. Give everyone a sharpie and just check off each country you do or fill in the country with what you drank and the time, or maybe even have the CM sign it to verify you drank the drink.

I go down about every 2 years and it has become tradition to do around the world. I mee up with some friends that live in Orlando and we have so much fun, easily the best night we were there. Problem is I have to wait til they get out of work, so we end up rushing around to finish between 5-9. I was succesful last time and it was awesome. In no particular order:

Tequila shot at the new tequila bar in Mexico
Carlsburg beer in Norway
Plum Wine in China
Spaten Beer in Germany (we call it the Optimator for some reason)
Limoncello shot in Italy
Sam Adams winter Lager in USA
Sangria in Morocco
Sake in Japan
Grand Marnier slush in France
Shot of Baileys in the UK
Torontopolitan in Canada (ended up drinking 2 somehow)

Added bonus it was Extra Magic Hours, so we went and rode Test Track and Soarin after we were done (during the fireworks). Best time I ever had riding Test Track, I suggest doing it on the EMH night. Downside was getting up at 730 am to go to Universal. But it was awesome.

Upvote 0

datw@epcot

The girls on our trip last summer made checklists on the back of plain white T's and checked the boxes as they went around - they didn't make it all the way around but it was pretty funny to see them try to make check marks on each other's backs after a few countries.

Upvote 0

Michi4515

Original Poster
Thank you all sooo much for the great ideas!!!!

don't worry i promise we wont ruin the magic for those around us. I've done this several times and have seen some really annoying and obnoxious groups and i refuse to be one of them. Were just looking for some good clean fun...with adult beverages of course...lol :ROFLOL:

Upvote 0

plaz10

I was thinking that! A plain white t shirt with all the countries listed and you could check off each one. You could always get those iron on letters/paper (print pictures from computer and iron them on) for pretty cheap with plain tees

Upvote 0

bferrara16

hey everyone - there are some great suggestions in this thread. quick question: if you try to do this on an EMH night, will the beer stands/kiosks be open after 9? does anything stay open in world showcase (other than the rides)?

my fiance and i (along with another couple) have been planning on doing this at our next trip for some time now - we also want to make a competition out of it (something that isnt a chugging contest), so we've come up with a couple ideas so far:
-obviously we'd each get a drink of some kind in each of the countries (likely 1 per team to keep cost and drunkenness down)
-during our time in each country we'd try to find a hidden mickey - first one to do so gets to assign that country's pre-determined task to someone else
-some of the tasks we've thought of are based on other ideas in this thread and others (like norway - buy a viking helmet and make someone wear it for rest of DATW) or could be based on pictures (get a picture taken with 4 cast members in Japan) or maybe interactions (get a cast member to do an authentic dance with you) or punishment (you must sit through O! Canada... i kid i kid)
-we're trying to keep it lighthearted and fun, with a touch of embarrassment (but not too much).
...does anybody have any other ideas for tasks or general suggestions??

Thanks!:wave:

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom