Dress Code help

Schweino

Hello Fam. Below are the list of restaurants we are going to where I have questions on the dress code. I am not a huge dress shirt/dress pants kind of person.

California Grill Dinner - from reading, it seems I need to wear some khakis and a dress shirt?
Le Cellier - since it is inside a park, led to believe my khaki shorts and tshirt would be okay? AKA park attire
Tiffins - park attire?
Be Our Guest - park attire?
Royal Table - park attire?

The above are the big ones I wanted to double check. I am really hoping to avoid leaving the park to change to go to one of the last 4 dinners. TIA for the help and confirmation!

JIMINYCR

Cali Grill, being kind of upscale would prefer you to be in dress up attire but doesnt push it. They do insist that anyone wearing a hat, remove it. Ive worn my collared shirt with shorts. I've seen guests dining in park clothes and not been turned away.

California-Grill-Dress-Code-1140x1520.jpg

All the others youve listed are fine for wearing whatever youve gone to the parks wearing.

Now if you were dining at Victoria and Alberts which is elegant dining there would be probably be an issue.

Upvote 0

Schweino

Original Poster
Thanks @JIMINYCR! Cali Grill is on our arrival date and we are not doing a park, so I am okay wearing some dress pants and shirt that day to start off our Honeymoon :) Appreciate your time in reply!

Upvote 0

Queen of the WDW Scene

In the Parks
No
Cali Grill yes I'd wear nicer clothes.
Any "signatures" in the parks park attire is fine as long as there are no rips/stains.
I have worn a dress to the in park restaurants but that's because I chose to wear it to the parks. I would never go back to my resort just to change for dinner if dinner is in the parks.

Upvote 0

"El Gran Magnifico"

Bring Me A Shrubbery
Premium Member
Unless you’re going to V&A I wouldn’t worry about dress codes. For all others - unless you are wearing something offensive or your clothes are torn to tatters - you won’t have an issue.

Upvote 0

Chi84

Premium Member
Thanks @JIMINYCR! Cali Grill is on our arrival date and we are not doing a park, so I am okay wearing some dress pants and shirt that day to start off our Honeymoon :) Appreciate your time in reply!
Just about everyone wears park attire in the park signatures. As far as Cali Grill is concerned, it really depends on why you're asking. Do you want to know what most people are wearing or the worst you can look without being denied entry? We go to Cali Grill frequently (2 or 3 times a year pre-COVID), and most of the guests are dressed nicely. We've seen very few who didn't meet Disney's dress code for signatures, which is posted on a sign at the restaurant podium.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

My DH typically wears dress pants and dress shirt (50/50 on the tie--depends if we did a cruise pre/post WDW trip) and dress shoes. I usually wear a nice dress (nothing fancy). I agree with @bigorangeandy that polo's are fine.

Upvote 0

NelleBelle

I think the emphasis is on nice shorts (i.e. golf shorts) and not ratty cargo shorts with holes in them. I will say, it was quite interesting to when DH and I were our last disney cruise, just the two of us, and we had reservations for Remy (which has a strict dress code). While waiting to be seated, we watched a couple, who had reservations, walk up wearing shorts, flip-flops, and t-shirts. They were turned away. I would have been mortified if I had been that couple, but then again, it kinda irked me to as those reservations are tough to get and here was one going to waste because they either didn't read the dress code, didn't take it seriously, or didn't pack/prepare for it. Obviously there is a difference between Remy and Cali. Grill and Le Cellier--I'd put it up there more with V&A (no, it is not V&A, not even close, but dress-code and ambience-wise).

Upvote 1

Schweino

Original Poster
Thanks all for the responses! I hate dressing up - dress pants and dress shirts are some of the most uncomfortable clothes ever and I just hate wearing them. To each their own. Sounds like outside Cali Grill I will be allright :) Thank you so much!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom