Dress Code for California Grill

GoofyMike29

Hello Everyone,

I am eating at the California Grill a week from today and when I was making my PS for it the woman said there was a dress code, and of course now I forget what she had told me.

ANyone know the dress code for California Grill?

Moustronaut

I think the only restuarant with a true "jacket and tie" dress code is Victoria and Alberts... maybe also at Bistro de Paris.

But business casual would be fine, even a little less than that (khaki shorts and a polo depending on time of year). We went in December so shorts wasn't a question. But I was in dockers and a button down shirt... my wife was in a skirt and a sweater. We fit right in

Upvote 0

westie

One thing I can tell you for sure is,"Dress code Smess code!" There is no dress code at WDW. More than once we've made PS arrived to find people eating in swim attire. We've asked to be moved because we don't want to eat next to, That. I mean, come on, you must know you look like a bum!? Everybody here has got on a colared shirt, I guess some people just like going against the grain.:veryconfu

Upvote 0

djmatthews

Oh I'm glad someone asked this, I was thinking of booking our last meal at the Cali Grill if we go to WDW next June.... so what should we wear - I really don't want to take my Dinner Suit.

Upvote 0

disneydawg

Alot of people do dress up to go to CG as it is a good place to celebrate an anniversary or honeymoon. However, just as many come in from a day at the parks with shorts on. I ate there in July on an e-ride night. I wore shorts as did many other people who headed over to MK after what is the best meal I have had on property.

Upvote 0

granmapatsy

we just made our reservations, too. it was called "sport/casual" or something like that. no tank tops or swim wear. they did not say no shorts but suggested slacks and golf shirt for men. it was pretty vague. anyone with class enough to worry about looking proper , will be fine, i am sure. i plan to wear a white pantsuit and hubby will be in slacks and a golf shirt.
patsy in las vegas

Upvote 0

GoofyMike29

Original Poster
Originally posted by disneydawg
Alot of people do dress up to go to CG as it is a good place to celebrate an anniversary or honeymoon. However, just as many come in from a day at the parks with shorts on. I ate there in July on an e-ride night. I wore shorts as did many other people who headed over to MK after what is the best meal I have had on property.

That is exactly what I am doing...eating at CG then heading to the E-Ride night on August 19th

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Hi we are eating there one week from tmw (it will be aug 20) to celelbrate our 19th wedding aniversay. When I made the PS she said dress code was bussiness casaul. I plan to where a short dress, hubby packed kaki pants and a nice polo shirt. He isn't sure what do about shoes since he does want to bring his dress shoes and walk around in them later, thinks his sandels will look funny with pants and doesn't want to where tennis shoes. (He doesn't own any other shoes being a guy and all.)

Oh well, he might end up wearing shorts and sandless, since it is FLA after all.

P.S. we leave in like 17 hours, can't wait.

Mrs PhD

Upvote 0

welshtigger

actually there is one place where there is a strict dress code in wdw and that is victoria and alberts, we have booked to go there on our honeymoon at the end of this month, it is jackets for the men and evening wear for the ladies, and they are very strict on that, but then again if you have seen the price they charge you will know why.....should be very romantic though!!:king: :king:

Upvote 0

dox

I would double check that dress code with CG. I've been to CG three times for dinner and once for drinks at the bar and I have always gone in shorts. MInd you not swimwear shorts or anything that casual. Usually a nice pair of "dressy" shorts such as linen shorts and a nice short sleeve shirt with either leather sandals or topsiders. And alot of the men were dressed exactly like that on all my visits. As a native floridian there is a way to dress up in shorts. :lol: So just double check that dress code. Maybe the policy changed recently.

Upvote 0

DisneyPhD

Hi, we ate at CG for the 1st time on Aug 20th, it was great. What a view I can't belive in all our visists in the past 10 years that was our 1st time.

I wore a nice casual dress. As it was so rainy and hot this trip hubby wore a polo shirt, clean jean shorts and sandels. (we didn't want to get caught in the rain in pants, the ponchos don't go far enough down.)

He didn't seem out of place, and there where people dressed better and worse then us.

What a place, don't miss it. We took tons of pictures.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom