DreamWorks Theme Park (Open Brainstorming)

Brer Panther

Original Poster
It would be a lie to call DreamWorks Animation a stranger to the theme park business. After all, you can find Shrek 4D at all four of the Universal Studios theme parks around the globe. Universal Studios Singapore features a Madagascar boat ride as well.

But it was recently announced that there would be DreamWorks theme parks in New Jersey and Russia. So that gave me the idea to design a DreamWorks theme park on WDWMagic.com!

529889_10150891256587524_1665217833_n.jpg

Anyone wanna help take on a DreamWorks theme park?

Wikkler

First off, deciding the properties. The best properties to use are Shrek, Madagascar, How to Train Your Dragon, Kung Fu Panda, and Monsters vs. Aliens.

tcool

Another cool attraction could be something based around the circus from Madagascar 3. It would be similar to Minion Mayhem at the Universal Studios Parks. Plus how cool is this circus it's simply awesome!

Brer Panther

Original Poster
"follows the story"
Most good movie-based attractions don't follow the story of the movie.

True, but a lot of good movie-based attractions do, too. Besides, the only other plot for a Shrek dark ride I could think of was "Fiona gets kidnapped and Shrek must save her", and that would be too similar to Shrek 4D.

orlando678-

Also I think a ride similar to Harry potter and the forbidden journey would be great for Rise of the Guardians, a coaster for How to train a dragon, a shooter for monsters vs aliens, a river rapid ride for Kung Fu Panda and a tiki room/ enchanted tales with belle like room encounter with Megamind would be perfect for this kind of park

Brer Panther

Original Poster
Okay, so here's what we have so far in terms of rides...

• A Mr. Peabody and Sherman simulator (maybe we could call this ride "Peabody's Improbable History" as a reference to the original cartoon)
  • A Shrek water ride
  • A show themed to the circus from Madagascar 3
  • A Turbo racing ride
  • A How to Train Your Dragon coaster
  • A Rise of the Guardians ride in the style of Harry Potter
  • A Megamind show
  • A Monsters vs. Aliens shooter ride
  • And a Kung Fu Panda rapids ride
I think we should probably also have Shrek 4D and a copy of the Madagascar boat ride at Universal Singapore. Though, that might be a bit awkward if we choose to have a Shrek water ride instead. Maybe Shrek could just be a normal dark ride?

orlando678-

I think it might be fun if the Shrek water ride had a scene inside Fairy Godmother's potion factory :)

Probably a dumbo like spinner with dragons would be present as well.

TheKarnivalKid

This thread looked really interesting to me so I decided to try and come up with some ideas. I ended up really enjoying it and even came up with a well thought out idea for a Kung Fu Panda land. Below is a map of the area with some of major locations labeled.
panda.jpg

The Dragon Warrior - This ride features the motion-based 3d dark ride technology found in The Amazing Adventures of Spider-Man. After practicing in the training hall with all the Furious Five and Po, you are sent out on a mission to stop a group of bad guys (either crocs, wolves, or some new villain) from doing whatever heinous act they wish to commit. When you save the day, their is a celebration waiting for you in your honor. Also, in the queue, there is an animatronic Soothsayer that will interact with guests (much like Mr.Potato Head).

The Golden Dragon - This is a thrilling coaster that begins in the peaceful dragon grotto. After trying to find your inner peace, chaos ensues and you are flying down a rocky cliff. You come back just in time when Shifu opens his eyes and he thinks we have just enjoyed some peaceful meditation.

The rest are pretty easy to figure out. Kung Fu Training is basically Jedi Training Academy, the Noodle Shop is just that, and the Peach tree is just an iconic location from the movie. I will post more in the next few days when I finish the next land (Madagascar). I hope you enjoy!

orlando678-

How about Flushed away flume ride, bee movie toy story midway mania like ride, chicken run mini coaster, shark tale dark ride or submarine voyage?

Brer Panther

Original Poster
How about Flushed away flume ride, bee movie toy story midway mania like ride, chicken run mini coaster, shark tale dark ride or submarine voyage?

I like the idea of a Flushed Away flume ride (who WOULDN'T love to be flushed down a giant toilet?), but I'm not sure if DreamWorks still owns the rights to the films they made with Aardman since Aardman stopped working with them after Flushed Away.

orlando678-

Oh I wasn't sure either but I looked it up on wikipedia like list of dreamworks animation movies and I saw it there so I was like maybe... but okay. What about the Bee movie idea then. It could be something like Toy story midway mania or something like soarin' meets toy story midway mania.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom