Dream Universal Resort

FireMountain

Original Poster

April 30th, 1912.

On that day, Carl Laemmle, Mark Dintenfass, Charles O. Baumann, Adam Kessel, Pat Powers, William Swanson, David Horsley, Robert H. Cochrane and Jules Brulatour founded their own movie studios. They named it Universal Studios.

Over the next 100 years, the studio would create several motion pictures, many of which have stood the test of time and have been engraved into the minds of moviegoers.

But Universal doesn't just make movies. They produce other media, like TV and music. But one of the most vital parts of the company is their theme parks.

In 1964, the Universal Studios in Hollywood began taking tram tours of the studio to see how movies were made. Over the next few decades, they would add more and more show scenes on par with attractions at the nearby Disneyland. Some of these scenes include the Flood, The Parting of the Red Sea, Battlestar Galactica, and the King Kong Encounter.

Eventually, the tour expanded, and they added shows, shops, and dining outside off the tour. And in 1988, they opened their first real ride, the ET Adventure.

In 1990, The Universal Studios Escape opened in Orlando, Florida. Which ended up getting a second theme park in 1999 named Islands of Adventure, which introduced a lagoon-based layout to the parks, which ended up being used in most of their future parks.

In 2001, Universal Studios Japan opened in Osaka, Japan. The park brought over several iconic attractions from the US parks as well as some new, fresh experiences.

In 2010, Universal Studios Singapore opened, using a layout similar to Islands of Adventure, the park had many new experiences.

Now we reach today, Universal Studios currently has 5 parks (With a future one planned for Beijing) spanning 2 continents.

Lets make that 3.

Universal, wanting to make a new large, ambitious park. Looks at potential locations. Until they found a place with a large population, loads of free land, and decent tourism, Australia.
canberra-1024x690.jpg

Universal buys about 1,000 acres of land and starts construction on the company's biggest project yet,

Ladies and gentlemen...

Welcome to
Universal Studios Australia!
uss-entrance-globe_1366x666.jpg

FireMountain

Original Poster
Foreword

Before we begin our journey through the park, allow me to give some history.

This project is heavily inspired by the Dream Disney Resort by @MANEATINGWREATH. His resort is one of the first major things I saw on this site, one of the reasons I joined the forum was to see the outstanding map by @spacemt354 (And hey, if he'd be willing to do a map for this, that'd be pretty neat ;)). A question I always had about his resort was, "What if someone did this for Universal" And over the next year I thought about the idea on and off.

And then I actually joined the forum, and I actually did the Dream Universal Resort, kind of...

During the 4th and (at the time of me writing this) most recent season of the Sorcerer's Apprentice imagineering competition, the hosts set up a different thread called "Fantasmic 2000". Which was a way for anyone (Hosting, Playing, Eliminated, or Not Playing) To post their own imagineering projects, I hopped on the concept almost immediately.

I came up with the idea for an indoor Universal Studios park to go in Times Square, NY in the space once held by the world's largest Toys R Us.
1540603061283.png

Later, I realized that I have a set space limit, making that almost impossible to work realistically, and I just got lazy and never finished it.

Over the past few months, the "Dream Universal Park" idea came back to me, and I started brainstorming more and more ideas for it, until I just went like "You know, I'm going to do that dream Universal Park!" And that led to the post you are reading right now.

Without further ado, let us begin our trip through Universal Studios Australia.

FireMountain

Original Poster
One more stop before we begin, I promise.

I want to clarify two names you won't be hearing during the tour; the first name is Harry Potter. This ties in with an idea that I would like to expand on in the near future. Basically WB expands their Hollywood studio tour into an entire theme park and they cut ties with Universal and Six Flags so they can give the IPs represented there lands in their park.

The other name is Halloween Horror Nights. While the park does have HHN, we won't expand on it, in real life it's different every year and I don't want to come back to this every year to make another HHN.

Sorry about that little hiccup, now we'll begin our trip though Universal Australia!

FireMountain

Original Poster
You arrive on property, you park your car in the massive garage, you take the Universal Studios Monorail to CityWalk, a shopping district filled to the brim with things to do, but that's none of your concern at the moment. You walk right through it until you see it, the globe.
1540688638293.png

You walk up to the nearby ticket booth, you pay for a one day ticket for a trip into the movies.

1540688855473.png

You walk under the towering archway,

Now, let's get this party started!

FireMountain

Original Poster
Hollywood
gettyimages-248522.jpg

You walk into the first major land of the park, Hollywood. This land has a main focus on showing how the movies are made and the production behind them. On your left you see the Universal Studios Store, the largest store in the park, selling merchandise for every IP represented in the park.

On your right you see a replica of the iconic Hollywood sign in the distance (using forced perspective to seem larger). In front of that you see a building labeled "REAL Hollywood Sign Tours!" This building hosts the Hollywood Sign Tour, an E-Ticket thrill ride where you follow a shady touring company and find out about the mysterious backstory behind the iconic Hollywood sign.

The land is styled like a modern interpretation of Hollywood with some retro pizzas to it. You can walk on a replica of the Hollywood Walk of Fame. As well as take photos with iconic movie characters and stars.

As you walk, you see more shops and dining, such as Fine Stars Jewelry, a jewelry shop to make you look like a star. Big Blockbuster Tees, a T-Shirt Shop. Wonderful Knick-Knacks and Toys, a shop selling strange objects and toys. Planet Hollywood, a new location for the iconic chain. And Food Truck Station, a food court themed to many different counter service food trucks.

Later you see a path going left towards an indoor film set labeled "JAWS" and to the right you see a sign saying "RECORDING STUDIO" Both of these leading into different sub lands, you decide to head to these later.

As for attractions, there is Hot Set Studios, where you can recreate iconic movie scenes and buy them afterwards. A stop for the Studio Subway, a form of transportation that has stops in other lands. The Fast and Furious: Overheat, an intense motion simulator simulating an intense car chase through the streets of San Francisco. Animation Domination, a family coaster about the creation of an animated movie. NBCUniversal: The Experience, a walk-through attraction detailing the history of the company as well as a 3D movie with movie highlights. And the Universal Studios Observation Tower, which provides a view of all the other lands;

You can see Monster City, a land celebrating Universal's classic monsters. Sci-Fi Central, a hub for all things Science Fiction. New York, a large city with many sights. Jurassic World, where you get up close with the dinosaurs. Super Nintendo World, where the world of video games come alive. And Cartoon World, a massive land celebrating the world of animation.

You plan to go and see all the park has to offer! But those sublands you passed earlier do seem interesting, let's go check those out.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom