Dream- Tips & Must Dos!

blreinsel

Original Poster
If Tony from Spain is a cast member during your voyage (I think he's on the Dream currently), make a point to participate where he is! He's a blast. The late night entertainment with him is so much fun, such as the Newlywed Game, etc.

Drinks of the Day are a solid value.

Fireworks are from the right side of the ship if you're facing FunnelVision during Pirate night.

We personally didn't care for the stop in the Bahamas, so we're planning on enjoying an emptier ship that day instead.

Castaway Cay advice:
- If you're snorkeling, go first thing if you want to see a bunch of animals. They get scared and wander off / hide as more and more people enter the water. We went first thing and saw sea turtles, rays and a ton of fish.
- The adult side is super peaceful.

I’ve heard so much about Tony from Spain from @lostprophet so it would be awesome to meet him! Thank you for all of the great advice! 🙌🏼

Seeing the characters is easy. Just arrive a little early (the exception will be the main princess gathering- that one gets very crowded)

Great! I won’t be totally upset about missing the princesses.. they would be a nice bonus but I guess I’ll survive if we have to skip them. 😉

In regards to the princess gathering, you can get free tickets and the lines are reasonable.

They’ve all already been claimed for every day we’re on the ship. 👎🏼

blreinsel

Original Poster
Alright y’all, time for more questions!

1. We aren’t planning to do any excursions at this time, so I’m looking for suggestions of things to do/see at both Castaway Cay and Bahamas. I’m fine with just walking around and sightseeing (particularly in the Bahamas), but want to make sure we’re in a safe area and see anything that you all would deem “cool.” 😉 I would definitely like to get off the ship though, just to say we did!

2. Experiences/recommendations for the spa on the ship? We were thinking about doing a massage, but we’re open to your suggestions!

ChuckElias

EOD K9 said:
In regards to the princess gathering, you can get free tickets and the lines are reasonable.
They’ve all already been claimed for every day we’re on the ship. 👎🏼
If you want to be part of the Princess Gathering, be sure to go to Guest Services early in your cruise. They will almost certainly have some tickets held in reserve for people who couldn't sign up online.

(This is a good tip for Palo/Remy reservations also. If you can't get a spot online, just go to Palo and ask. They always hold some space so people can book once they get onboard.)

ChuckElias

Alright y’all, time for more questions!

1. We aren’t planning to do any excursions at this time, so I’m looking for suggestions of things to do/see at both Castaway Cay and Bahamas. I’m fine with just walking around and sightseeing (particularly in the Bahamas), but want to make sure we’re in a safe area and see anything that you all would deem “cool.” 😉 I would definitely like to get off the ship though, just to say we did!
I'm the wrong guy to ask about sightseeing in Nassau. I've disembarked there a couple of times, but never found anything that I really wanted to do. I just stay on the ship and enjoy the extra space at Quiet Cove.

At Castaway Cay, if you don't want to pay a ton of money for one of the excursions, my top recommendation is to rent a bike. It's about $10 or $12 for an hour and it lets you see a lot of the island. It's a nice way to get around to the observation tower, and it's usually a quiet easy way to get around. I've always enjoyed it.

2. Experiences/recommendations for the spa on the ship? We were thinking about doing a massage, but we’re open to your suggestions!
I'm not a spa guy, but my wife has greatly enjoyed getting a massage. Be prepared for the sales job that comes with every spa visit. They'll try to get you to buy a ton of product. Just tell them you're not buying anything.

blreinsel

Original Poster
If you want to be part of the Princess Gathering, be sure to go to Guest Services early in your cruise. They will almost certainly have some tickets held in reserve for people who couldn't sign up online.

(This is a good tip for Palo/Remy reservations also. If you can't get a spot online, just go to Palo and ask. They always hold some space so people can book once they get onboard.)

Good to know! I may check on the princess gathering tickets just to see if I get lucky. I was able to grab a Palo reservation for Pirate Night today, so we’re excited about that! 🙌🏼

I'm the wrong guy to ask about sightseeing in Nassau. I've disembarked there a couple of times, but never found anything that I really wanted to do. I just stay on the ship and enjoy the extra space at Quiet Cove.

At Castaway Cay, if you don't want to pay a ton of money for one of the excursions, my top recommendation is to rent a bike. It's about $10 or $12 for an hour and it lets you see a lot of the island. It's a nice way to get around to the observation tower, and it's usually a quiet easy way to get around. I've always enjoyed it.

I'm not a spa guy, but my wife has greatly enjoyed getting a massage. Be prepared for the sales job that comes with every spa visit. They'll try to get you to buy a ton of product. Just tell them you're not buying anything.
I found a walking tour in the cruise book I purchased that hits the major things in the general tourist area, so I think we may try that! I just worry about the safety piece. 😬 But this tour supposedly stays in the safe areas, so I think we’ll be okay.

We looked at a couple’s massage, but it’s a bit pricy. Do you (or anybody else) have experience with the Rainforest passes?

Mrhappyplace

You've gotten a lot of good advice already but I'll add a few thoughts of my own. Some of them may have already been mentioned but....

Bring your bathing suits in your carry on bag(s) so you have them before your luggage is delivered. I saw someone else mention going to the adult pool soon after boarding and that is great advice but you will need your bathing suits.
Having done Palo for both dinner and brunch, @myhappyplace and I enjoyed the brunch much more. If you must do dinner as has been said before Pirate night is the best night for it.
2 out of the 3 times we have visited Castaway Cay all excursions have been cancelled due to high winds so it is good idea if you do end up booking a excursion to be prepared for the possibility of cancellation.
We actually enjoy the family beach more then the adult beach, we found the adult beach to have quite a current and much more sharp things under the water but it is possible we visited it on a off day. Regardless the BBQ at the adult beach has smaller lines and occasionally (I've never seen it but heard it happens) lobster, so I'd definitely recommend eating there regardless of which beach you spend your time at.
Lastly have a great time and take lots of pictures to share with us upon your return to real life!

blreinsel

Original Poster
You've gotten a lot of good advice already but I'll add a few thoughts of my own. Some of them may have already been mentioned but....

Bring your bathing suits in your carry on bag(s) so you have them before your luggage is delivered. I saw someone else mention going to the adult pool soon after boarding and that is great advice but you will need your bathing suits.
Having done Palo for both dinner and brunch, @myhappyplace and I enjoyed the brunch much more. If you must do dinner as has been said before Pirate night is the best night for it.
2 out of the 3 times we have visited Castaway Cay all excursions have been cancelled due to high winds so it is good idea if you do end up booking a excursion to be prepared for the possibility of cancellation.
We actually enjoy the family beach more then the adult beach, we found the adult beach to have quite a current and much more sharp things under the water but it is possible we visited it on a off day. Regardless the BBQ at the adult beach has smaller lines and occasionally (I've never seen it but heard it happens) lobster, so I'd definitely recommend eating there regardless of which beach you spend your time at.
Lastly have a great time and take lots of pictures to share with us upon your return to real life!

Thanks for the great advice! There will be lots and lots of pictures to share when we return! :joyfull:

luckyduck

Just wanted to chime in with a nassau suggestion! We've been on the dream before a few years ago (and are actually going to be on the july 7th sailing as well!). If you are beer drinkers there is a brewery called Pirate Republic that is a fairly easy walk in a safe area from the ship. Like I said, we last sailed 4 years ago and it was new at the time, but my beer snob husband and father both thought the beer was good and the brewery is well done!

lostpro9het

Just wanted to chime in with a nassau suggestion! We've been on the dream before a few years ago (and are actually going to be on the july 7th sailing as well!). If you are beer drinkers there is a brewery called Pirate Republic that is a fairly easy walk in a safe area from the ship. Like I said, we last sailed 4 years ago and it was new at the time, but my beer snob husband and father both thought the beer was good and the brewery is well done!
The ONLY reason to get off at nassau!
8678F2E5-AD68-47A6-939B-09544DABA0AD.jpeg

A3110142-4409-44A0-BD38-D312C6BE08D9.jpeg

2DCBC948-CB45-4FDA-92D7-8F2131D1A5CD.jpeg

lostpro9het

Well now, I’m sorry I didn’t know about that. But I get another chance in September!!

Can I get walking directions? Or is there an excursion?

10 minute, or less, walk from ship to tap! As soon as you exit the terminal, turn right onto Woodes Rodgers Walk and Pirate Republic will be about 200 yards down on the left. No need to go down any allies or take any taxis because its so easy to get to. AFAIK, there are no DCL excursions for the brewery but you don't need one. They do tours daily and it does not require any pre booking. Its $20 for the tour and includes a flight.
PR.jpg

blreinsel

Original Poster

Awesome! I’m not a beer drinker, but my husband is and would love this!

😂😂😂 I thought I remembered you guys going to some sort of brewery there but couldn’t put my finger on it. This brought it all back.

blreinsel

Original Poster
Ladies (or gentlemen with ladies 🙃) -

I was looking over the do not pack list and noticed that flat irons are restricted on board. What exactly does that mean? Can I take my straightener or no? This hair doesn’t really do the “natural” look. 😂

Tiggerish

Resident Redhead
Premium Member

I was looking over the do not pack list and noticed that flat irons are restricted on board. What exactly does that mean? Can I take my straightener or no? This hair doesn’t really do the “natural” look. 😂

I’ve never had a problem, and was on the Dream 2 weeks ago. I forgot to put the flatiron back into the heat safe pouch I have for it in the rush to get to dinner, and came back to find the stateroom hostess had left a heat-protective pad on the dresser and put the iron on top of it. Quilted pad was embroidered with a request to place iron on it so as not to damage furniture.

Last edited:

blreinsel

Original Poster
I’ve never had a problem, and was on the Dream 2 weeks ago. I forgot to put the flatiron back into the heat safe pouch I have for it in the rush to great to dinner, and came back to find the stateeoom hostess had left a heat-protective pad on the dresser and our the iron on top of it. Quilted pad was embroidered with a request to place iron on it so as not to damage furniture.

Awesome, thanks! I’ll just have to dig my heat protective case out... wherever that may be. 😉

ChuckElias

My daughter has never had a problem with taking her hair straightening device-thing-iron.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
We looked at a couple’s massage, but it’s a bit pricy. Do you (or anybody else) have experience with the Rainforest passes?
I experienced the Rainforest at the Dream and loved it! My husband isn't into spas so I went by myself. I pre-booked a 1 day pass. Once onboard, you can buy a length of stay pass.

Robes, towels and sandals are provided. You get several types of exotic showers to try, sauna, dry sauna, jacuzzi, heated loungers with a view, iced water, coffee, etc. and there are different types of body scrubs for purchase (loved the chocolate one!).

You can stay for as long as you want and when you're done, there's a dressing room with regular showers and everything you need to get ready.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom